How do you see the pandemic playing out from where it is today?

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2020, 07:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
I'm sorry but those youtube videos are worthless.

Here's a study of a meat processing plant in Germany where facemasks were mandatory. Everyone wore masks yet most within 8 meters of the mask wearing asymptomatic spreader were infected over 3 day period.

Investigation of a superspreading event preceding the largest meat processing plant-related SARS-Coronavirus 2 outbreak in Germany by Thomas Guenther, Manja Czech-Sioli, Daniela Indenbirken, Alexis Robitailles, Peter Tenhaken, Martin Exner, Matthias Ottinger, Nicole Fischer, Adam Grundhoff, Melanie Brinkmann :: SSRN

Look, masks help but are obviously not a guarantee of safety. That's why I choose not to go anywhere I might need one.
I don't see on the investigative report that masks were mandatory or even worn. Did I miss that? I did see that many of the workers lived together in close quarters.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klatu View Post
2020 will go down as one of the most tormented years in our history.
Only if the uniformed continue to read / view articles written by the main-stream-media.

Including the Associate Press, which by the way, is used by our own Villages Daily Sun as a content provider.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I have never really paid much heed to all this foreign intervention and fake news stuff.
But.
After a recent report on BBC news regarding Russian hacking into Covid research laboratories changed my attitude.
Within 50-60 posts in the Comments Section, pro Russian posts of denial, literaly poured in.
The general consensus was the Russian Bots had picked up the reference, and responded.
It was really noticeable how quickly they responded, so now I am even more sceptical of comments on public media.

I agree...the social media sites are being manipulated by special interests. The good news is that we have technology that is available to all, the bad news is that we have technology that is available to all
Old 07-28-2020, 07:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I don't see on the investigative report that masks were mandatory or even worn. Did I miss that? I did see that many of the workers lived together in close quarters.
If you read the actual study you will see that face masks were compulsory for all workers. The scientists also concluded that most or all of the infections occurred on the factory floor, where 60% of workers within 8 meters of the index case were stationed and infected.

Investigation of a superspreading event preceding the largest meat processing plant-related SARS-Coronavirus 2 outbreak in Germany by Thomas Guenther, Manja Czech-Sioli, Daniela Indenbirken, Alexis Robitailles, Peter Tenhaken, Martin Exner, Matthias Ottinger, Nicole Fischer, Adam Grundhoff, Melanie Brinkmann :: SSRN

Last edited by GoodLife; 07-28-2020 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,503 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
I agree...the social media sites are being manipulated by special interests. The good news is that we have technology that is available to all, the bad news is that we have technology that is available to all
What a strong AND clear post and I walked on it. I think these very wise words should be read and taken to heart.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:38 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpygreens View Post
We are at least 5 months into this thing and as of today only about 2% of Floridians have tested positive for the virus. If you listen to the MSM you would think people are dropping like flies here. Florida now has more positive cases than New York, but New York has 5 times as many deaths. Yet the MSM has nothing but admiration for Cuomo, and nothing but criticism for DeSantis.

Going to a beach or a church is dangerous and irresponsible. Rioting, looting and destroying public monuments and buildings is safe expression of your first amendment rights. Defunding the police is a good idea. Defending your property and life from a mob gets you charged with a felony even though you never fired a shot. Catholic churches are set ablaze and depictions of Jesus Christ are defaced and destroyed as symbols of racism and oppression. Jesus didn't own slaves, nor did he advocate for slavery. Mohammed did yet mosques remain untouched.

We have added trillions of dollars to our national debt, destroyed tens of thousands of businesses and put tens of millions out of work. For what? Flattening the curve is like pressing down on a water balloon. You change the shape, but not the volume. In the meantime, those of us who are not rioting or looting or sick are arguing with each other over how we choose to cover a cough or a sneeze. (That's all a surgical face mask does. It doesn't filter inhalations. It just redirects your exhalations.)

I wouldn't have predicted any of this back in February. It's all too illogical and nonsensical. If past is prologue, the resolution is sure to be bizarre.
A comment that deserves being quoted. Especially the part about the balloon changing shape but not volume. As in New York, Sweden etc the virus keeps going till it hits a certain level. Lockdowns and masks can slow it down but not stop it.
Closed Thread

Tags
pandemic, future, based, deaths, life

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.