Hundreds of National Guardsmen tested positive in D.C.

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2021, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts
Default Hundreds of National Guardsmen tested positive in D.C.

In todays news it is reported that "hundreds of guardsmen have tested positive" for COVID in D.C. and many infected are being quarantined in hotels. After they were all ordered out of the Capitol building, they were told to rest in parking garages until they received further orders. Probably not the best accommodations considering this being a bad time for the virus and Flu.

Just a side note: I believe that if they were activated in this area, we would have treated our volunteers much better.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:46 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

They were treated thanklessly and terribly. Having served in the MD National Guard during the riots in 1968 I relate to those ladies and gentlemen. Their treatment appalls me.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 01-22-2021 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:56 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
In todays news it is reported that "hundreds of guardsmen have tested positive" for COVID in D.C. and many infected are being quarantined in hotels. After they were all ordered out of the Capitol building, they were told to rest in parking garages until they received further orders. Probably not the best accommodations considering this being a bad time for the virus and Flu.

Just a side note: I believe that if they were activated in this area, we would have treated our volunteers much better.
agree. I read on several sources that a person who owns a large hotel in D.C. has opened it up to any Guards-person to stay in comfors rather than on cold concrete floors. This 'person' will go unamed here...
Old 01-22-2021, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Whoever was responsible should find a new way to earn a living.

Would have thought the commanding officers of these units would have done a better job for their guys.
Old 01-22-2021, 05:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,737 Posts

They were ready to serve their country. I wonder whose idea it was to put them in a parking garage. I hope they get to tryout the accommodations they suggested themselves.

It just hurt me to look at these maskless, laying on each other on the concrete floor, young people.
Old 01-22-2021, 08:36 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

A SNAFU indeed but not a FUBAR.

They were ordered out of their area in the Capitol by someone in the Capitol Police — most certainly NOT by anyone in an elected position.

In fact, the outrage came from both sides of the aisle.

There was a quick apology from the President when he found out. (He’s been a little busy these past couple of days.) He made sure the situation was fixed. (His son who died was in the National Guard.)

Although the mess has now been corrected, I am sure the manipulative talking heads on the source of choice for many are having a field day with this one — ya know — whatever it takes to divert attention or obliterate thinking about the reason why the troops had to be there in the first place.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 01-22-2021 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

They were ordered out of their area in the Capitol by someone in the Capitol Police — most certainly NOT by anyone in an elected position.

There was a quick apology from the President when he found out. (He’s been a little busy these past couple of days.) He made sure the situation was fixed. (His son who died was in the National Guard.)

Although the mess has now been corrected, I am sure the manipulative talking heads on the source of choice for many are having a field day with this one — ya know — whatever it takes to divert attention or obliterate thinking about the reason why the troops had to be there in the first place.

Boomer

O, yes always some small fish responsible, so the big fishes can swim on by.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:

I have about as much fate in those tests as I do the federal government.
Old 01-22-2021, 10:39 PM

not surprising these Men and Women were treated this way ,remember they are the "DC" National Guard . Kudos to Biden though for his action.
Old 01-22-2021, 10:49 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1972 View Post
not surprising these Men and Women were treated this way ,remember they are the "DC" National Guard . Kudos to Biden though for his action.
Sad...

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 01-22-2021 at 10:56 PM.
Old 01-23-2021, 05:47 AM

Very sad
Old 01-23-2021, 06:51 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:

The governor ordered the Florida guards home. Great move. The others were allowed back into the bldgs after the negative response the garage move received. . What does anyone gain by putting them in poor conditions when they are protecting the country
Old 01-23-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
O, yes always some small fish responsible, so the big fishes can swim on by.
If it was just some low level person in the capital police ordering this and I were the commanding officer I would have told him this was not going to happen. Let’s face it, this came from up high somewhere and whoever ordered it is now running for cover. Why is it so hard to find out the command chain? Interesting.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:16 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

These poor women and men that protect our country were used. Used for THEIR own agenda. We have turned into a shameful country, kind of 3rd world.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:32 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Boomer
WRONG. The Capitol Police have denied making any such decision . And, no, the situation has not been fixed. At least our Governor and a couple others ordered our people back to their States - over the objections of some in Washington DC.

Tags
hundreds, d.c, positive, tested, guardsmen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.