I learned something today about our National Anthem...

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2020, 12:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Best rendition of the National Anthem

YouTube
Old 07-04-2020, 12:01 PM
Default Be thankful today!

It’s great to know we are free to mock the national anthem or burn the flag without fear of imprisonment here in America. That’s not true everywhere. China, for example, locks people up for protesting the totalitarian regime. There are those who want to emulate China in positions of power here. Don’t allow wanna be dictators destroy what makes America great!
Old 07-04-2020, 12:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Best rendition of the National Anthem

YouTube
Best ever indeed! And very creative.

I think I should try some Black Rifle coffee ...
Old 07-04-2020, 12:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowprint View Post
It’s great to know we are free to mock the national anthem or burn the flag without fear of imprisonment here in America. That’s not true everywhere. China, for example, locks people up for protesting the totalitarian regime. There are those who want to emulate China in positions of power here. Don’t allow wanna be dictators destroy what makes America great!
People can protest peacefully all they want .... but if someone riots or burns or defaces statues etc, they should go to jail -- that includes burning the American flag.

If someone wants to burn a flag, I recommend the Chinese or Russian flag. Maybe the Iranian flag. Go for it.
Old 07-04-2020, 01:21 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Page View Post
The NFL could be making a big mistake!
What happens when some fans refuse to stand for the Black National Anthem?

In any case. HAPPY 4th!
Enjoy your independence....while we still have it.
I won’t stand
Old 07-04-2020, 01:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
I won’t stand
Me neither ... in fact, since it's so fashionable these days, perfect time to take a knee in protest.

Old 07-04-2020, 02:34 PM
Default Freedom means the right to do things that some, even the majority, may not approve of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
People can protest peacefully all they want .... but if someone riots or burns or defaces statues etc, they should go to jail -- that includes burning the American flag.

If someone wants to burn a flag, I recommend the Chinese or Russian flag. Maybe the Iranian flag. Go for it.
It’s your right, as Judge Antonin Scalia wrote in the Supreme Court decision that allows flag burningI’m not a fan of flag burning, but I am proud to live in a country that says it’s your constitutional to do so.
As the Beatles said...”But if you go around carrying pictures of Chairman Mao, you ain’t going make it with anyone anyhow...”
Old 07-04-2020, 04:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
I think God Bless America is the perfect warmup to the Star Spangled Banner. Excellent idea.
Perhaps "God Bless America" would be a good Black National Anthem."

I still see our American National Anthem as being EVERYONE's song. I really feel that someone is insulting Blacks by telling them that they get to have their own Black National Anthem. Kind of hard to expect anyone of any other color being asked to stand for a segregated Anthem. Next thing you know, folks will start asking for ALL Black schools. I am embarrassed for the NFL players to have to go out on the field knowing that Black players are supposed to smile as they are condescended to by rich white owners that do not consider them inclusive to the National Anthem. Guess what goes around, comes around as they say. They can thank CK for his making Sports a political statement.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:09 PM

Too many people are to concerned about things that haven’t happened.
If you take care of the present And stop the fear of what the future might bring you would be to busy to feat what ain’t there. Remember the boogie man, he wasent real either.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPerrett View Post
If you take care of the present And stop the fear of what the future might bring you would be to busy to feat what ain’t there. Remember the boogie man, he wasent real either.
I think that was intended to be profound ... ignore problems and retreat into bliss. Where's my yellow stickie pad so I can make a note??
Old 07-04-2020, 05:54 PM
Default Marxist indroctrination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
I’m laughing. Yesterday I saw a meme on Facebook complaining that NASCAR would no longer begin each race with the national anthem and a prayer. I love the TV series “Friday Night Lights”. In that show, though, the team had a group prayer in the locker room before every game, led by the coach. I remember the scene in the great World War II movie “Catch—22” where Buck Henry asks the “padre” to offer “a nice snappy prayer” before a bombing mission, and when it drags on, Colonel Cathcart butts in and asks God for nice tight bombing patterns that will destroy the enemy. I remember the old Bob Dylan song “With God on Or Side.”
The entertainment industry was heavily inserting anti-religious jokes and memes into their movies and music in the 1960's and 70's. Religion is like kryptonite for Marxists so they've been using their influence in pop culture to denigrate it. As time goes on it's become evermore in-you-face until today we have our churches empty and our cities on fire.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,067 Times in 2,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPerrett View Post
The problem with that theory is that many of us have children and grandchildren, so yes, we are very concerned about what the future will bring.
Closed Thread

Tags
national, anthem, song, week, voice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.