Ignoring the Science on Booster Shots NYT

Closed Thread
Old 09-04-2021, 03:30 PM
John41
Default Ignoring the Science on Booster Shots NYT

Scientists getting pressured to approve booster shots before data analyzed. Safety and science being compromised by current leadership.
—————————-
Public health experts are speaking out that keeping pace with the White House’s Sept. 20 timeline put increased pressure on scientists, who are analyzing the evidence, to proceed with the administration’s strategy and timeline, the New York Times reported. The issue was put on full display earlier this week, when two FDA officials - the director of the FDA’s Office of Vaccines Research & Review Marion Gruber, and its deputy director Phil Krause - filed their resignations from the agency.
Old 09-04-2021, 07:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
Scientists getting pressured to approve booster shots before data analyzed. Safety and science being compromised by current leadership.
—————————-
Public health experts are speaking out that keeping pace with the White House’s Sept. 20 timeline put increased pressure on scientists, who are analyzing the evidence, to proceed with the administration’s strategy and timeline, the New York Times reported. The issue was put on full display earlier this week, when two FDA officials - the director of the FDA’s Office of Vaccines Research & Review Marion Gruber, and its deputy director Phil Krause - filed their resignations from the agency.
Close, but not quite what you infer.
————————————————

“WASHINGTON — Top federal health officials have told the White House to scale back a plan to offer coronavirus booster shots to the general public this month, saying that regulators need more time to collect and review all the necessary data, according to people familiar with the discussion.

Dr. Janet Woodcock, the acting commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, and Dr. Rochelle P. Walensky, who heads the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, warned the White House on Thursday that their agencies may be able to determine in the coming weeks whether to recommend boosters only for recipients of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine — and possibly just some of them to start.

The two health leaders made their argument in a meeting with Jeffrey D. Zients, the White House pandemic coordinator. Several people who heard about the session said it was unclear how Mr. Zients responded. But he has insisted for months that the White House will always follow the advice of government scientists, wherever it leads.

Asked about the meeting, a White House spokesman said on Friday, “We always said we would follow the science, and this is all part of a process that is now underway,” adding that the administration was awaiting a “full review and approval” of booster shots by the F.D.A. as well as a recommendation from the C.D.C.“

Health Officials Advise Biden to Scale Back Covid-19 Booster Shots Plan For Now - The New York Times
———————————————— -

Glad to see consultation on this and done with no threats.
Old 09-04-2021, 09:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Got keep the cash cow going. Maybe a booster every month would be better, o wait have about every week.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 09-04-2021 at 11:20 PM.
Old 09-05-2021, 04:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
————————————————

“WASHINGTON — Top federal health officials have told the White House to scale back a plan to offer coronavirus booster shots to the general public this month, saying that regulators need more time to collect and review all the necessary data, according to people familiar with the discussion.

Dr. Janet Woodcock, the acting commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, and Dr. Rochelle P. Walensky, who heads the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, warned the White House on Thursday that their agencies may be able to determine in the coming weeks whether to recommend boosters only for recipients of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine — and possibly just some of them to start.

The two health leaders made their argument in a meeting with Jeffrey D. Zients, the White House pandemic coordinator. Several people who heard about the session said it was unclear how Mr. Zients responded. But he has insisted for months that the White House will always follow the advice of government scientists, wherever it leads.

Asked about the meeting, a White House spokesman said on Friday, “We always said we would follow the science, and this is all part of a process that is now underway,” adding that the administration was awaiting a “full review and approval” of booster shots by the F.D.A. as well as a recommendation from the C.D.C.“

Health Officials Advise Biden to Scale Back Covid-19 Booster Shots Plan For Now - The New York Times
———————————————— -

Thank you. It always amazes me how people can change a few words to put some sort of spin on things to further their own agenda. I appreciate seeing the un-edited version so I can come to my own conclusions.
Old 09-05-2021, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
————————————————

———————————————— -

OK, I get it. So my question is: What caused the two FDA officials to resign?
And, Whatever Mr. Zients has to say is, most likely, very far from being true.
Old 09-05-2021, 07:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
Thank you. It always amazes me how people can change a few words to put some sort of spin on things to further their own agenda. I appreciate seeing the un-edited version so I can come to my own conclusions.
Yes, often people will simply pick and choose a sentence or two, out of context.

Very very dishonest and who knows what motivates people to lie, and it is a lie. to ignore context, to manipulate others words and these copy and paste without links are suspicious

Last edited by Bucco; 09-05-2021 at 07:45 AM.
Old 09-05-2021, 07:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
OK, I get it. So my question is: What caused the two FDA officials to resign?
And, Whatever Mr. Zients has to say is, most likely, very far from being true.
Seems to be mum on that. I opposed the selection of Mr. Zients in the first place because of lack of any science background.
Old 09-05-2021, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

///
Old 09-05-2021, 02:34 PM
John41

Dr Fauci is now arguing with the WH on the need to follow the science and wait for FDA approval on the boosters. The WH wants to push for Sept 20 regardless. Dr Fauci wants to avoid a medical Afghanistan debacle that would rest on his shoulders and I will give him credit for standing up for science.
Old 09-05-2021, 02:41 PM
John41

Dr Fauci is now arguing with the WH on the need to follow the science and wait for FDA approval on the boosters. The WH wants to push for Sept 20 regardless. Dr Fauci wants to avoid a medical Afghanistan debacle that would rest on his shoulders and I will give him credit for standing up for science. It’s interesting that WaPo and NYT are now suspect as they were “trusted sources” before deviating from the official narrative.
Old 09-05-2021, 03:07 PM

Then why did Bidon announce boosters available on Sept. 20th?
Old 09-05-2021, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Got keep the cash cow going. Maybe a booster every month would be better, o wait have about every week.
I disagree with the contents of this post.
Old 09-05-2021, 04:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Dr Fauci is now arguing with the WH on the need to follow the science and wait for FDA approval on the boosters. The WH wants to push for Sept 20 regardless. Dr Fauci wants to avoid a medical Afghanistan debacle that would rest on his shoulders and I will give him credit for standing up for science. It’s interesting that WaPo and NYT are now suspect as they were “trusted sources” before deviating from the official narrative.
Many would love to know your sources for news of any kind.

You are never correct.

WASHINGTON, Sept 5 (Reuters) - Top U.S. infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci said on Sunday that officials were likely to soon get the regulatory go-ahead to administer COVID-19 vaccine booster shots made by Pfizer (PFE.N), although Moderna (MRNA.O) booster could take a little longer.

Asked on CBS' "Face the Nation," about President Joe Biden's goal to give booster shots starting Sept. 20, Fauci said that "in some respects" that remained the plan.

But he said that while Pfizer-BioNTech has submitted the necessary data on booster shots to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Moderna has yet to complete the process. Fauci said he hopes to give both vaccines when boosters doses roll out, but if Moderna does not complete the process before Sept. 20, then Moderna boosters will be given later.

Pfizer on track for U.S. vaccine boosters, Moderna lagging, Fauci says | Reuters
Old 09-05-2021, 05:34 PM
John41

We are fully Covid vaccinated, Moderna, and wear N95 masks when in crowds. We wanted to get the booster but Dr Fauci is worried about incompetent leadership ignoring the science.

Washington Post
———————-
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/bidens...
Sep 01, 2021 · Biden’s Rushed Booster Plan Is Already Getting Messy - The Washington Post Setting a timeline before experts weighed in put improper pressure on scientific agencies, raised expectations and now...
Old 09-05-2021, 06:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
We are fully Covid vaccinated, Moderna, and wear N95 masks when in crowds. We wanted to get the booster but Dr Fauci is worried about incompetent leadership ignoring the science.

Washington Post
———————-
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/bidens...
Sep 01, 2021 · Biden’s Rushed Booster Plan Is Already Getting Messy - The Washington Post Setting a timeline before experts weighed in put improper pressure on scientific agencies, raised expectations and now...
You ignore reporting fake, untrue things and once again, your link does not work.

It is another Bloomberg opinion piece
Closed Thread

Tags
director, timeline, put, science, booster

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.