Ignoring the Science on Booster Shots NYT

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2021, 06:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
We are fully Covid vaccinated, Moderna, and wear N95 masks when in crowds. We wanted to get the booster but Dr Fauci is worried about incompetent leadership ignoring the science.

Washington Post
———————-
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/bidens...
Sep 01, 2021 · Biden’s Rushed Booster Plan Is Already Getting Messy - The Washington Post Setting a timeline before experts weighed in put improper pressure on scientific agencies, raised expectations and now...
This quote from you in this post....

Dr Fauci is worried about incompetent leadership ignoring the science.

Please supply the source of your post.

Why pollute our forum with disinformation ? What could possibly be your aim ? And if you simply made it in, man up..admit it.
Old 09-05-2021, 06:53 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
You ignore reporting fake, untrue things and once again, your link does not work.

It is another Bloomberg opinion piece
Links don’t always work so I just post them for reference.
Just Google or use Bing “Washington Post Biden booster” and you will go to the Washington Post article not a Bloomberg article. Google a few of your other trusted sources like CNN and you get the same thing. My only goal is the truth.

Last edited by John41; 09-05-2021 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-05-2021, 07:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Links don’t always work so I just post them for reference.
Just google “Washington Post Biden booster” and you will go to the Washington Post article not a Bloomberg article. Google a few of your other trusted sources line CNN and you get the same thing. They are worried , like Dr Fauci that the science is being ignored.
If possible, be honest

You make things up, insure there is no context.

Obviously whatever point you want to make cannot be made without misinformation and lies.

OR, change your source of news gathering.....you are being conned
Old 09-05-2021, 07:17 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
If possible, be honest

You make things up, insure there is no context.

Obviously whatever point you want to make cannot be made without misinformation and lies.

OR, change your source of news gathering.....you are being conned
So now Washington Post and Google are part of a media conspiracy against your idol? LOL Did you actually read their article? Anyone else on this forum can get the truth by googling what I suggested. Im not going to waste my time on a closed mind.
Old 09-05-2021, 07:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
So now Washington Post and Google are part of a media conspiracy against your idol? LOL Did you actually read their article? Anyone else on this forum can get the truth by googling what I suggested. Im not going to waste my time on a closed mind.
YOU lecturing anyone about spreading lies is actually very funny.

My idol......you don’t pay attention at all ...I have NO dog in this fight except for being disgusted with lying and spreading false information on serious issues.

If you feel an accredited site reports news you agree with and want to share.....first,make sure it is news.....and it is true. I won tell you how to do that...but learn how to determine truth, and do other post lies simply because whatever reason someone has to lie.

And for the record, your posts are so untrue, nobody needs to google them because they are not true. Try becoming part of the real world, not some fantasy. You got to be embarrassed, but then again perhaps the truth is a foreign thing to ou.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,369 Times in 3,050 Posts

They're not ignoring the science, they're not lying. It's called wishful thinking, and we all do it. According to Associated Press:
Quote:
“Just remember, as a simple rule — rule: Eight months after your second shot, get a booster shot,” he said then, adding that health experts were aiming to be ready to administer them by Sept. 20, pending approval by the regulatory agencies.
bolded, underlined part my emphasis. So according to the AP, Biden didn't say "You WILL be getting boosters officially effective 9AM September 20." What he said was - if all goes as expected, it'll be ready to roll out September 20.

B is only true if A is also true. If A is false, then B will be false.

B = 9/20 rollout.
A = multiple regulatory agency approvals for 9/20 rollout

It's not A = B.
It's IF B, THEN A.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

It's obvious OP misses CNM.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

As long as my Doctor is up to date on The Science, then what's to worry about?

I got my 3rd Moderna shot last Friday. It kicked my butt this time and my arm is much more colorful than last time but I'm happy I have a Doctor that I trust my life with.

Last edited by Nucky; 09-05-2021 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-06-2021, 04:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
As long as my Doctor is up to date on The Science, then what's to worry about?

I got my 3rd Moderna shot last Friday. It kicked my butt this time and my arm is much more colorful than last time but I'm happy I have a Doctor that I trust my life with.
I thought Moderna wasn't ready yet for a third dose to be administered? How were you able to get a Moderna booster? Who administered it?

Regarding your reaction from your third Moderna shot........did you have a reaction from your second shot of Moderna? After my second Moderna shot, I had a fever of nearly 103 and was down for the count for about 12 hours but was perfectly back to normal after that. Just wondering what the third Moderna shot is going to do to me. Yikes!
Old 09-06-2021, 05:06 AM
Veteran member

Rather than saying a lie, it's either an era of omission or simply a misrepresentation of the facts, to spin the story the way they want. But in any event only time will tell the correct things to do with the third shots where as my pharmacist likes to say "not a booster"
Old 09-06-2021, 06:02 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,552 Times in 592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gajam View Post
Then why did Bidon announce boosters available on Sept. 20th?
Who cares what Bidem said
Old 09-06-2021, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Dr Fauci is now arguing with the WH on the need to follow the science and wait for FDA approval on the boosters. The WH wants to push for Sept 20 regardless. Dr Fauci wants to avoid a medical Afghanistan debacle that would rest on his shoulders and I will give him credit for standing up for science.
It's already a medical debacle and does rest on Fauci.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:35 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Got keep the cash cow going. Maybe a booster every month would be better, o wait have about every week.
They have an agenda. Their agenda about something other than for Americans. Fear, control.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
They have an agenda. Their agenda about something other than for Americans. Fear, control.
You forgot 'power'.

Maybe I'm being naïve but wouldn't it make sense for people to get tested for antibodies before getting a third shot?
Old 09-06-2021, 07:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I thought Moderna wasn't ready yet for a third dose to be administered? How were you able to get a Moderna booster? Who administered it?

Regarding your reaction from your third Moderna shot........did you have a reaction from your second shot of Moderna? After my second Moderna shot, I had a fever of nearly 103 and was down for the count for about 12 hours but was perfectly back to normal after that. Just wondering what the third Moderna shot is going to do to me. Yikes!
It IS startling to read the posts on here. You learn so much.

No boosters are available, and boosters (3rd shot) for Moderna appear heading for a delay.
Closed Thread

Tags
director, timeline, put, science, booster

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.