I'll get the covid vaccine when...

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2021, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
HUH? Please translate. I tried Google translate and it didn't help. I have absolutely no idea what your point is/was assuming you were actually responding to my questionable "vegetable ?humor?" in the 2nd post.
Agree. Can make no sense of these responses.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:25 AM

You do know that “outside” the sun kills most of these pathogens in 30 seconds, right!
Old 02-26-2021, 06:26 AM

Conventional wisdom says get whatever shot that is available to you ASAP. It’s all about odds and stats. Every day you go without the vaccine the greater the chances that will contract the virus and suffer its full effects.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:37 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Got my first shot a half a mile from my house here in the villages. Second one coming in less than two weeks right here in Sumter. I wish more people realized that this virus is 99% plus survivable. I don’t wear a mask unless I’m going to a doctors office. Don’t wash my hands all the time and I don’t avoid crowds or doing things with people. I think the media and the supposed experts who have been all over the place on this have turned the average person into paranoid compliant robots. Just yesterday morning heard an epidemiologists state that the masks that 95% of the public is wearing are useless and nothing more than a psychological crutch. I just shake my head daily watching people driving around in their golf carts and in their cars with a mask on their face? How long before this insanity ends?
Old 02-26-2021, 06:38 AM
Veteran member
Default Just sign up once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
it becomes available at my doctors office. I'll not be chasing it around the state. To all you that do....kudos.

I'm 67 and my survival rate is above 99%. I've a better chance of falling off a ladder and becoming a vegetable. So I'll stay off of ladders, wear a mask where required, wash my hands frequently, use sanitizer(75% alcohol), avoid crowds out of doors, sneeze and cough into my arm and use ridiculously common sense to be safe.

Best of luck to all.
Why don’t you just sign up on one site and wait for them to call you. You don’t have to run around the state, just wait and they will tell you to go someplace close. Be smart!
Old 02-26-2021, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You are 1100 times more likely to die from it than a group of people who are between 5 and 17 according to this graph from the CDC. My age group is worse than that. I do not care what you decide but I am sure there are several people who wish you would increase your odds simply because they love you.
I am sad for those who continue to want to perpetuate so much fear in people ...... what a way for people in the final years of their lives to waste away.

I think the people who love me - have more than appreciated that I travelled to see them - to spend time with them and to make memories with the grand kids - over this past year when so many have told us to stay inside - stay away from your loved ones .... you see we are all destined to die - for many of us - sooner than later..... Covid or no Covid.

Nope, haven’t received the vaccine yet - but, I take care of my self and I do not live in fear (and before anyone shames me - yes, always wear a mask and distance where I have to!)

In my opinion - I place my priorities - where I think they are important and what is most important to my loved ones .... being with them...... being able to see their smile and their eyes..... laughing with them.... crying with them ....holding their hands. Fear of something like Covid —- *** or, better yet ... let me put it this way ——— fear in death itself** —— will never prevent me from spending time with loved ones.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:58 AM

Hahahaha. Where do we send condolences to?
Old 02-26-2021, 07:08 AM
Veteran member

Well you can have a survival rate of 99%, but you'll have 8 weeks of hell in the hospital. I've had my two shots.
Old 02-26-2021, 07:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I just got a call from Synexus, I pre-qualify for a Covid vaccine study. Next week we'll have a phone appointment to find out if I qualify for the next step. This is pretty interesting news, since I'm not eligible for a normal appointment - I'm under 65, and not at risk, and no longer an essential worker (I retired in December). So I might end up being a (paid? not paid? No idea yet) guinea pig for a new covid vaccine!
Let us know how THAT works out for you and all the other guinea pigs
Old 02-26-2021, 07:13 AM
Default No excuses

Find the time to get a shot. Turn off the TV.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	A80AA038-A936-421A-8D21-18C7D7F255CA.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	88375  
Old 02-26-2021, 07:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
Well you can have a survival rate of 99%, but you'll have 8 weeks of hell in the hospital. I've had my two shots.
What gives you THAT idea????? The overwhelming number of COVID positive patients have no symptoms whatsoever. Those that do generally have a flu-like illness for several days. Only the sickest of the sick end up in the hospital/ICU/dead
Old 02-26-2021, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,272 Times in 4,294 Posts

If you're waiting for it to show up in Physician's offices, it'll be a long wait.

Most Docs don't have the refrigeration necessary to store the vaccine...
Old 02-26-2021, 07:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
What gives you THAT idea????? The overwhelming number of COVID positive patients have no symptoms whatsoever. Those that do generally have a flu-like illness for several days. Only the sickest of the sick end up in the hospital/ICU/dead
There is also the fact that something 80% of covid deaths had chronic Vitamin D deficiency. If you're walking around with 18ng/ml or less of this vital hormone, you might want to cower in your basement. Anyone else over 30ng/ml might be getting the sniffles. There are hundreds of thousands of data points from Randomized, double blind studies that all show this same thing. Get sun or supplement with D and don't die from Covid. Go figure, wouldn't know it from the NIH though, too busy pushing Remdesivir I guess.
Old 02-26-2021, 07:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
There is also the fact that something 80% of covid deaths had chronic Vitamin D deficiency. If you're walking around with 18ng/ml or less of this vital hormone, you might want to cower in your basement. Anyone else over 30ng/ml might be getting the sniffles. There are hundreds of thousands of data points from Randomized, double blind studies that all show this same thing. Get sun or supplement with D and don't die from Covid. Go figure, wouldn't know it from the NIH though, too busy pushing Remdesivir I guess.
No, too "busy" pushing real science and medicine, not voodoo nutrition crap. Where did you get those numbers from, the "Northern Bulgarian Journal of Holistic Nutrition and Bartending"?????
Old 02-26-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoisR View Post
Hahahaha. Where do we send condolences to?
You think that is funny? What is wrong with you? Everything he said is the truth.
Closed Thread

Tags
hands, vegetable, stay, ladders, wear

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.