Jan 6 riot vs George Floyd riots vs 2017 Inauguration riot

Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2021, 05:39 PM
Default Jan 6 riot vs George Floyd riots vs 2017 Inauguration riot

Real Clear Investigations did some research and produced a data chart compariong the riots. Interesting to see the contrasts in actual numbers compared to what the media deems important.

Screenshot of the data chart. see more at link below.

screenshot-2021-09-09-165951-jpg

https://www.realclearinvestigations....se_791370.html
Old 09-10-2021, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkBlogW View Post
Real Clear Investigations did some research and produced a data chart compariong the riots. Interesting to see the contrasts in actual numbers compared to what the media deems important.

Screenshot of the data chart. see more at link below.

Attachment 90746

https://www.realclearinvestigations....se_791370.html
I realize I am considered biased because I consider Jan 6 one of the most world wide embarrassing moments in our history, from the instigator to the ignoring of it since.

I also will not waste the time regaling you with all the misinformation contained in the charts beginning with the basic format.

I also object to the comparison in any way. The purpose of each event is vital.

Having said that, I winced and had a heavy heart during the Floyd demonstrations, and nobody should ever endorse such actions.

Hearing the testimony of the officers before Congress, the pep talks given by elected officials and the threats since, again by elected officials, if it does not give you pause, there is a problem. The comments by elected officials since and , the disregard even for the legal process is disgusting at best. I can only hope that the testimony and actual records to be given at the upcoming hearings extends to punishment fitting for an invasion of our nationals capitol.
Old 09-10-2021, 06:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,273 Times in 4,295 Posts

The testimony of the officers during the 1/6 hearings was dubious at best...

Officers crying because they were called names? Claiming never to have been called those names before, when there are hours of video showing BLM and Antifa rioters spewing those very same racial slurs...

Hell, just look what happens any time there is video of an officer making an arrest in any urban area...

And, pray tell, who was this "instigator"?

And please, regale away...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-10-2021, 06:18 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

A relatively peaceful demonstration (except for the incompetent out of control cop murdering an unarmed female veteran) compared to three months of domestic terrorism.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-10-2021, 07:48 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
I realize I am considered biased because I consider Jan 6 one of the most world wide embarrassing moments in our history, from the instigator to the ignoring of it since.
You ain't seen nothing yet Bucco. Within the next three tears Sh-t is going to hit the fan, and it won't be pretty. Talk and preach all you want.................you aren't going to stop it............nobody can
Old 09-10-2021, 07:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
The testimony of the officers during the 1/6 hearings was dubious at best...

Officers crying because they were called names? Claiming never to have been called those names before, when there are hours of video showing BLM and Antifa rioters spewing those very same racial slurs...

Hell, just look what happens any time there is video of an officer making an arrest in any urban area...

And, pray tell, who was this "instigator"?

And please, regale away...
You really need to ask that question?
Old 09-10-2021, 07:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
A relatively peaceful demonstration (except for the incompetent out of control cop murdering an unarmed female veteran) compared to three months of domestic terrorism.
You CAN NOT be serious!
Old 09-10-2021, 07:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
You really need to ask that question?
Yes.............what's your take?
Old 09-10-2021, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
You CAN NOT be serious!
Police Officers Assaulted/Injured: Floyd = 2037 Jan 6 = 140

Arrests: Floyd = 16,241 Jan 6 = 570

Floyd = Invasions of Public Space + Defacement of property + explosions + shootings by rioters + arson + looting + vehicular crimes

Jan 6 = Invasions of Public Space + Defacement of property

Jan 8 = single event single location

Floyd = 8,700 events, 574 involving violent acts; 140+ cities

Jan 6 = $1.5 million actual propert damages + 30 million in support services, temporary fencing etc

Floyd = Between 1 and 2 BILLION DOLLARS in property damages
Old 09-10-2021, 08:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

A violent mob was pointed at the US Capitol Building with the motive of stopping the count of a legitimate vote. That is extremely serious no matter who did it.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
If you speak of the plan on 9/18, that “could” be violent, but think the worst is yet to come.

Frankly, my personal view of my country and the entire situation is this......

I am saddened that so many on your side of the aisle have completely shut down on the United States. No longer are discussions had, but the leadership is nothing but threats. To the Jan 6 event, past present has publicly threatened capitol police .......and all comments from that side are about violence. Of some kind.

Perhaps if those hearings have the goods.....there will be very serious jail time.....lying to Congress, etc. then knowing the mentality of these people, we can count on violence in the streets.

Been festering for a couple years, and rumors...rumors show past president has been planning to somehow get his “army” in the streets. This is something he has advocated for years and years well before his term.

But, I will not be surprised if he has his minions finallly declare “war” on his own country (as in the South American countries)....

Threats from a GOP governor today inviting folks to take it to the streets about the vaccinations. Words from that side are always advocating violence, and I agree with you. There seems to be no way to stop it.

First time I posted this stuff, but still know folks who are “the know” and they are greatly concerned about the avalanche of violent threats from that side.

I pray to God, nothing happens , but all signs are bad.

He may get his wish to have his folks in the streets. Sort of sad when thinking about 9/11, and realizing how close we are to consuming ourselves.
No one is going to stop anything. It has NOTHING, I REPEAT...NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PERSON YOU THINK IT DOES! America....real Americans are fed up! It's too late.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
A violent mob was pointed at the US Capitol Building with the motive of stopping the count of a legitimate vote. That is extremely serious no matter who did it.
100s of violent mobs were pointed at State Capitols, court houses. police stations and private businesses because a drug addict resisted arrest. That is extremely serious no matter who did it.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:29 PM

Quote:
In contrast, millions of tourist flocked to our country to take part in the "peaceful " Floyd riots and learn how to throw Molotov cocktails. It was a huge boon to the tourism industry.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

The various George Floyd riots were a chaotic mess involving a lot of people driven by thousands of different motives. The January 6 attempt to subvert a national election was driven by the hatred of the US system of government of a very small group of people. Mainly because the vote had not gone their way and they were losing their position of often unchecked abuse of power.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:24 PM

Some comments are sickening, I can't watch 1/6 clips without sadness for my country, how could this happen in the United States of America. I hope the commission throws the culprit in jail for a long long time.
Closed Thread

Tags
riots, chart, data, riot, compared

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.