Kim Potter Guilty

Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2021, 05:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsyburnsy View Post
Had he not been stopped for an air freshener or broken light, he may still be here.
He was stopped for an expired registration.
Old 12-27-2021, 08:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,272 Times in 4,294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyseguy View Post
Having gone through the process of getting a ccp in NY, NJ, MD, VA, and FL and all reciprocal states, I find it less than honest to imply the majority of crimes are being committed by those who legally obtained their license. Not many gang bangers or violent criminals follow the laws.
You got one in NY? Upstate on in NYC? And Jersey?

Okay, you must know God personally!

-Tom Petty
Old 12-27-2021, 08:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,272 Times in 4,294 Posts

Quote:
Had he not been stopped for an air freshener or broken light, he may still be here.
Or had he not let his tags expire...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-27-2021, 10:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,663 Times in 1,501 Posts
Default And there are videos of people being taken into custody peaceful ly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyseguy View Post
Agree, had she not yelled taser, and pulled her weapon and shot him she would probably get off. There were police around the car that he was driving away in. She could have said she was protecting the lives of other police. Regarding those who mentioned people should stop resisting; there are many videos of police beating non resisting citizens while yelling "Stop resisting"
And there are videos of people being taken into custody peacefully. Most violent arrest videos I have seen start with the suspect being the one who triggers the action by resisting being restrained and becomes combative. A self fulfilling prophecy of sorts. They are going to be arrested. They don't want to be arrested so they try to get away. Officers will try to restrain person who then begins to wrestle with police. Police now trying to subdue by force and you see the result of suspect non-compliance to officers original orders. Again, self fulfilling prophecy.
Old 12-27-2021, 10:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,663 Times in 1,501 Posts
Default My opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
You do know police are suppose to protect and serve right, not be judge, jury and executioner.
They DO serve and protect by apprehending law breakers and taking them to jail where they will be tried b judge and jury. They will only see the executioner if they are found guilty.
Old 12-28-2021, 07:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
And there are videos of people being taken into custody peacefully. Most violent arrest videos I have seen start with the suspect being the one who triggers the action by resisting being restrained and becomes combative. A self fulfilling prophecy of sorts. They are going to be arrested. They don't want to be arrested so they try to get away. Officers will try to restrain person who then begins to wrestle with police. Police now trying to subdue by force and you see the result of suspect non-compliance to officers original orders. Again, self fulfilling prophecy.
It rare that persons who resist arrest are so charged, the jurisdictions I am familiar with require more paperwork from supervisory personnel when charging "resisting Arrest" this discourages that action, then if found guilty the resisting charge is made to run concurrently, at the same time of the other charges, so its a no loose situation for the offender, regardless there are law firms that do nothing but sue the jurisdiction for damages , often they settle being cheaper to toss them a few buck than fight it
Old 12-28-2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Should the police stop enforcing the law? And are you impling he was shot because of an air freshener?

Please tell me.

Last edited by spd2918; 12-28-2021 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-28-2021, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,670 Times in 5,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spd2918 View Post
Should the police stop enforcing the law? And are you imying he was shot because of an air freshener?

Please tell me.
Yes. If the police don't enforce things like broken lights and expired tags, who will?
Old 12-28-2021, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Yes. If the police don't enforce things like broken lights and expired tags, who will?
It does not matter what the stop started out as is; it mattered what the criminal did after the stop to create the dangerous situation.

A criminal, mostly due to his own actions, is dead. The officer made a mistake and her life is ruined.
Old 12-28-2021, 04:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdulej View Post
Well said!
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, being interested enough to have an opinion is generally a good thing, that opinion is weighted by ones credentials.

Allen Dershowitz; law professor of some note has an opinion that some here would make him vigilante, the logic of that is beyond me , in any event a factual reasoned approach from a source with demonstrated standing . He sees many problems with the convection as well as actions of the judge

Last edited by jimbomaybe; 12-29-2021 at 07:23 AM. Reason: link wouldn't not work, site protection?
Closed Thread

Tags
kim, death, result, mistakes, make

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.