Kim Potter Guilty

Closed Thread
Old 12-24-2021, 06:49 AM

In the vast majority of the world (and throughout most of human history) the main motivation to go into law enforcement is/was to collect bribes. Most citizens of this country have no clue how lucky we are to have honest police. Its so sad we are throwing that all away just so members of one political party can gain power through scorched earth policy, and their lapdog media can gain ratings.

What honest man or woman in their right mind would take up a career in law enforcement in today's political climate?

So sad. Very very sad.
Old 12-24-2021, 06:51 AM

In regards to the original post, while surgeons are not held criminally liable for a mistake, they are held monetarily liable by civil law.

Law enforcement personnel have financial immunity if they make a mistake in most cases so they can only be held liable criminally.

Hmmm, so perhaps a good discussion would be should law enforcement personnel be treated like surgeons.

Should police officers lose qualified immunity in exchange for criminal immunity?
Old 12-24-2021, 06:52 AM

Did it say how many times she fired? As CPL holder in Texas and Michigan and retired military, I say if it's one shot, mistake is understood, if more than one that's a tough sell.
Old 12-24-2021, 06:57 AM

Agree 100%!!!!! Verdict outrageous. The guy was resisting arrest. His behavior caused the police to use lethal force! Appeal! Appeal! Appeal!
Old 12-24-2021, 07:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbozoki@gmail.com View Post
Did it say how many times she fired? As CPL holder in Texas and Michigan and retired military, I say if it's one shot, mistake is understood, if more than one that's a tough sell.
One shot
Old 12-24-2021, 07:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,644 Times in 1,515 Posts

I sincerely hope she does not get more time than a person that is habitually DUI that strikes and kills a pedestrian, gets. I remember visiting a jail where there were two convicts working in the kitchen. One had received a sentence of one year for his third DUI offense, where he had struck an unoccupied parked car and the other received ten months for manslaughter because he was in a biker gang fight in a restaurant parking lot and shot an employee by mistake. He had been trying to shoot another biker and the employee had just exited the restaurant at the time.
The problem is NOT always the law enforcement officer, but actually the judges and the states attorney and the unbalanced judicial system.
Old 12-24-2021, 07:08 AM

If these thug criminals would stop resisting arrest and behave with respect, none of this would have happened. Right or wrong in regards to this case or George Floyd, the police are dealing with despicable criminals that resist arrest, have zero regard for human life let alone the police. I could not imagine being a police person today and have utmost respect for them. This Female officer with a great record now has her life ruined over a scum bag. The criminals have made this a war. It sickens me Floyd is considered a hero. I do not believe in racist behavior, but Floyd was a bad disgusting human. The good police out there should be the hero’s.
Old 12-24-2021, 07:13 AM
Default All because of being pulled over for an air freshener?

Was this story all about him being pulled over for having an air freshener hanging from his mirror? Something doesn't seem right here!!
Old 12-24-2021, 07:24 AM

I do feel sorry for the police officer, but I also believe that law enforcement does need to be held to a higher standard. Else “accidents” like this will become the norm.

I do hope that the sentence is light though because I do believe it was an accident. She’s also been through hell already I’m sure (who likes dealing with lawyers and the legal system)
Old 12-24-2021, 07:26 AM
Default Tasers

Pistol grip tasers should not be issued to officers. There are many other shaped options. Her department let her and the public down by approving the model taser she had.

PO Potter is also a victim, not a criminal.
Old 12-24-2021, 07:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I could not have voted to convict. She was doing her job, and made a mistake. Surgeons make mistakes that result in death, but they never go to jail.
Wow quite a mistake killed someone. What would you think if it was the other way around and it was the cop who was mistakenly killed.
Old 12-24-2021, 07:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuly914 View Post
Was this story all about him being pulled over for having an air freshener hanging from his mirror? Something doesn't seem right here!!
There is more to the story but that is why he was pulled over.
Old 12-24-2021, 07:51 AM
Default Its all the WOKE mentality.

But look, he got stopped because of a vehicle issue, then didn't have the right documentation, then found out he had an outstanding warrant, then started to resist. So it wasn't like he was targeted and pulled over on a Suday drive to grandma's. I have a brother who is retired law enforcement, and he told me that its something like 50% of minorities who have motor vehicle compliance issues, then no insurance or expired registration, or outstanding bench warrants for child support, missed court dates etc. Then they get belligerant when you question them.
Old 12-24-2021, 07:58 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 449 Posts

Quote:
I could not have voted to convict. She was doing her job, and made a mistake. Surgeons make mistakes that result in death, but they never go to jail.
Great point
My heart is heavy for her
Old 12-24-2021, 07:59 AM
Default Kim Potter

Quote:
Kim potter killed an unarmed young man. I feel for her because it was not an intentional act - but an accident. That being said - you can’t kill someone - accidental or not- and not be held responsible in someway. I agree with the jury - they definitely got it right.
Closed Thread

Tags
kim, death, result, mistakes, make

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.