Logic of Leaving Behind

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2021, 03:01 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Why do you assume we did not have a plan? .
Our president was interviewed by George S. and he stated no one predicted the quick fall and it was not planned for.
Old 08-31-2021, 03:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
The current leader of the Taliban was released from Gitmo in 2014
—————————
Obama '''released Taliban leader Khairullah Khairkhwa from Guantanamo Bay in 2014 prisoner swap'''...
Aug 17, 2021 · BARACK Obama released a Taliban commander in 2014 who helped orchestrated this week's takeover of Afghanistan, reports say. Khairullah Khairkhwa was arrested in Pakistan after 9/11 and was sent to Gitmo in 2002 before his release as part of a prisoner swap involving an American “deserter”.

I'm sure that your information did not come from an approved source....
Old 08-31-2021, 03:10 PM
John41

Quote:
Why do you assume we did not have a plan? Because it suits your politics? Everything I have heard and read said there was a plan. Plans sometimes go sideways. Even the best of plans.
Yes there was a plan.
Withdraw Americans and Afghans first. Then destroy all military equipment and bases. Then withdraw the soldiers.

The plan was executed backwards by pulling soldiers out first then having to send back in even more. Now the Taliban are already using the military equipment left there and we have hostages who can’t get out. And it’s admitted a list of names of Americans and Afghan friendliest was given to the Taliban.
Old 08-31-2021, 03:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Yes there was a plan.
Withdraw Americans and Afghans first. Then destroy all military equipment and bases. Then withdraw the soldiers.

The plan was executed backwards by pulling soldiers out first then having to send back in even more. Now the Taliban are already using the military equipment left there and we have hostages who can’t get out. And it’s admitted a list of names of Americans and Afghan friendliest was given to the Taliban.
Where is this plan officially “nested” ?
Old 08-31-2021, 03:15 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
And it’s admitted a list of names of Americans and Afghan friendliest was given to the Taliban.
Has anyone heard of the logic of doing this???

This is like giving the drug lords a list of our undercover cops.

Old 08-31-2021, 03:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

Kind of like revealing the names of our CIA operatives. And it should be treated with the same legal consequences too. Those folks are as good as dead if they are not in hiding or fleeing for the border.
Old 08-31-2021, 03:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Where is this plan officially “nested” ?

Wow, that's an opening for a great response..........
Old 08-31-2021, 03:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Our president was interviewed by George S. and he stated no one predicted the quick fall and it was not planned for.
So, your point is that not planning for every possible eventuality equates to not having a plan at all. Seriously?

You are going with that.

No plan, no thought, complete incompetence because something that his advisors did not predict would happen happened.

He had a plan. The plan went sideways when unexpected things happened.
Old 08-31-2021, 03:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

Has anyone heard of the logic of releasing battle hardened Taliban terrorists and the actual leader of the Taliban - based on promises made by the Taliban that everyone agreed could not be trusted.

Talk about total and complete incompetence!
Old 08-31-2021, 03:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Has anyone heard of the logic of releasing battle hardened Taliban terrorists and the actual leader of the Taliban - based on promises made by the Taliban that everyone agreed could not be trusted.

Talk about total and complete incompetence!

Uh oh, another political comment.
Old 08-31-2021, 03:37 PM
Default Which are you talking about?

Are you talking about when we pulled out of Syria or where?
Old 08-31-2021, 03:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Uh oh, another political comment.
Okay, so claiming the current administration is completely incompetent and proceeded put all those lives at risk because they didn't even bother to have a plan was not political, even thought that is NO proof.

But my statement that the previous administration bungled the release of 5,000 enemies and the leader of the Taliban, which is a fact is political.

Wow. Amazing. Let's not allow any facts, because they might hurt some conservative snowflakes feelings, but let's allow all conspiracies, opinions, and any other foundationless nonsense free press.

Got it.

BTW, if the moderators want to ban me, that is fine. These threads are getting silly, simply say "this is not political, it's simply my opinion" and then proceed to spread baseless conspiracies, misinformation and lies all about the politics of a situation. Yeah, politics are not allowed, right.
Old 08-31-2021, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
The current leader of the Taliban was released from Gitmo in 2014
—————————
Obama '''released Taliban leader Khairullah Khairkhwa from Guantanamo Bay in 2014 prisoner swap'''...
Aug 17, 2021 · BARACK Obama released a Taliban commander in 2014 who helped orchestrated this week's takeover of Afghanistan, reports say. Khairullah Khairkhwa was arrested in Pakistan after 9/11 and was sent to Gitmo in 2002 before his release as part of a prisoner swap involving an American “deserter”.
First, there was no “takeover”. There was a “legit” agreement reached between the United States and the Taliban that this “takeover” as you call it would take place.

Afghanistan government was not part of this, nor invited. It marked a milestone for the Taliban to be recognized by the United States, and gave them instant credibility.

The person you refer to, I am sure was part of the suicide mission that caused the turmoil at the airport, among many more out the recent 5000 released.

HOWEVER, THE founder of the Taliban is Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar. He headed the negotiations with the US and is pictured many times with Pompeo when they met. He was being held by Pakistan and was released at our request as part of this deal. He is potentially the new President of Afghanistan.

Of course, any other Taliban ever released at any time would be potentially part of this situation, so this is extremely disingenuous to say what your link says. Not a total lie, but it is by inference. Their head guy was just let go last year in this deal.

And I am very sure you will find Biden largely stuck to the Trump-negotiated agreement, but delayed the deadline until Sept. 11, 2021. U.S. troops began to depart in May......

Copy, paste and save. If I am wrong, please call me on it, but I feel very confident. The suicide bomber gave lots a reason to make unsupported accusations.
Closed Thread

Tags
logic, political, leaving, logical, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.