Made in America

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2021, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
AS I recall from 8th-grade math, 0% is less than 1%. Amazon has paid 0% TAX in several recent years! And over the last 40 years, men controlled by lobbyists have caused America to have the HIGHEST WEALTH DISPARITY of ALL the free Western countries in the WORLD. That IS one #1 distinction that NO ONE in these United States should or WILL go around BRAGGING ABOUT!!!!!!!! Thank me very much!
Corporations shouldn't have to pay ANY taxes...

The taxes should be paid on the end user. Either their employees, investors/shareholders (when they reap dividends), etc...

Otherwise they are being taxed twice...

Putting things in ALL CAPS doesn't make it any more true, nor correct...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-17-2021, 01:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
I actually agree with that fact and its implied conclusion. I want to bring back more manufacturing to the US. I would NEVER have let it leave if I were the decider. US Robotics when fully implemented WILL allow the US to free itself from Chinese, Vietnamese, and Mexican tyranny by manufacturing - because of cost equalization with those other countries. Congratulation - we agree!!!!!
How would you have stopped it?

And are you aware why it left in the first place?

-Tom Petty
Old 09-17-2021, 01:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post

The taxes should be paid on the end user. Either their employees, investors/shareholders (when they reap dividends), etc...

Well, should our shouldn't there is the law. The 34,000 pages of Federal Tax code is crafted to ensure they do not.

How to correct that is complicated and isn't going to happen as long as our corporate citizens are allow to vote with their money. The issue with that is the disparage between the voice regular citizens have (amount of money they can spend) compared to any one large corporation. We have been basically disenfranchised by proxy.

BTW, I agree completely, companies should not pay "income tax", it simply gets passed along to the eventual consumer. However, I can assure you if we repeal all corporate tax they will not pass a cent of that along to the consumer - sort of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

We need a complete tax overhaul, and that is not going to happen in this world of cooperation and friendly government.
Old 09-17-2021, 01:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
How would you have stopped it?

And are you aware why it left in the first place?
I hear a stern finger waging might have gotten them to set aside profits because of public embarrassment. NOT.
Old 09-17-2021, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Tax give away?

The government doesn't GIVE you anything. They take from you...
You are correct, it does not give me anything. It gave the highest tax brackers (if that's a word) a nice, hefty lowering of their tax liability. If your rate goes down, that's a give back from what it would have been if nothing was done.
Old 09-17-2021, 07:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:

Please, pardon me, I just became sick to my stomach!
Old 09-17-2021, 07:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Well, should our shouldn't there is the law. The 34,000 pages of Federal Tax code is crafted to ensure they do not.
Except they DO pay taxes. I pay Corporate taxes each and every year. I try to minimize that amount, but I've never paid nothing...

Quote:
How to correct that is complicated and isn't going to happen as long as our corporate citizens are allow to vote with their money. The issue with that is the disparage between the voice regular citizens have (amount of money they can spend) compared to any one large corporation. We have been basically disenfranchised by proxy.

BTW, I agree completely, companies should not pay "income tax", it simply gets passed along to the eventual consumer. However, I can assure you if we repeal all corporate tax they will not pass a cent of that along to the consumer - sort of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

We need a complete tax overhaul, and that is not going to happen in this world of cooperation and friendly government.
And that money will be taxed as income to the shareholders...

And yes, the tax code needs to be revamped... Many have run on that platform. None have been elected...

-Tom Petty

Last edited by JMintzer; 09-17-2021 at 07:41 PM.
Old 09-17-2021, 07:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Please, pardon me, I just became sick to my stomach!
The truth can be a bitter pill...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-17-2021, 07:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdulej View Post
You are correct, it does not give me anything. It gave the highest tax brackers (if that's a word) a nice, hefty lowering of their tax liability. If your rate goes down, that's a give back from what it would have been if nothing was done.
LOL! No, it gave the people who actually paid taxes a lowering of their tax liability.

If you were in a bracket that paid zero FEDERAL income taxes, how exactly could your taxes be lowered below zero?

And the fact that you saw the previous changes as a "gift" speaks volumes...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-17-2021, 07:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I hear a stern finger waging might have gotten them to set aside profits because of public embarrassment. NOT.
I notice you ignored my question as to why businesses left in the first place...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-17-2021, 07:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdulej View Post
The Federal Government gives you and I protection from being invaded by Russia. It gives all people access to Interstate highways instead of each State and city charging a turnpike fee. It pools money together to provide research at Universities, which created the Polio Vaccine and the space program, which everyone bragged about in the1960s. And lead to velcro. It provides a court system to adjudicate problems too big for any one state. Basically, the list is endless.
Old 09-17-2021, 07:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
The Federal Government gives you and I protection from being invaded by Russia. It gives all people access to Interstate highways instead of each State and city charging a turnpike fee. It pools money together to provide research at Universities, which created the Polio Vaccine and the space program, which everyone bragged about in the1960s. And lead to velcro. It provides a court system to adjudicate problems too big for any one state. Basically, the list is endless.
Oh, FFS!

You know I wasn't talking about those things...

Here is the EXACT comment I made...

Quote:
Tax give away?

The government doesn't GIVE you anything. They take from you...
TAX GIVE AWAYS. We were talking about TAXES

But, once again, you deflect...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-17-2021, 09:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Oh, FFS!

You know I wasn't talking about those things...

Here is the EXACT comment I made...

TAX GIVE AWAYS. We were talking about TAXES

But, once again, you deflect...
Government 101 - in order for government to group together the funds needed to start and finish BIG projects that can NOT be handled by small neighborhoods or clubs or other SMALL entities - these funds MUST come from taxes paid into government by LARGE numbers of taxpayers. Tax revenue in ........becomes costs out to fund LARGE PROJECTS!
Old 09-17-2021, 10:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Except they DO pay taxes. I pay Corporate taxes each and every year. I try to minimize that amount, but I've never paid nothing...
Yes, but, living in TV, I expect you are not a multi-billion dollar public company. So, yes, MOST corporations/companies pay taxes, but their taxes are a drop in the bucket compared to what the big boyees would be paying... without the big money advantages...
Old 09-18-2021, 05:18 AM

Quote:
LOL! No, it gave the people who actually paid taxes a lowering of their tax liability.

If you were in a bracket that paid zero FEDERAL income taxes, how exactly could your taxes be lowered below zero?

And the fact that you saw the previous changes as a "gift" speaks volumes...
It amazes me how people defend the 1% and look down on the poorest 20% as do nothing low-life. Where else do the richest get away with just about anything (maybe Russia). Occasionally, one of them really screws up (Jeffery Epstein come to mind) and is dumb enough to get caught. Otherwise, they are free to make an endless pile of money, hide behind their corporate walls and complain if asked to pay a little closer to their fair share. The people who benefit the most and have the most to lose should pay the most. That is the spirit behind progressive taxation (which is what we currently have with the Ryan/Trump tax plan is)
Closed Thread

Tags
made, america, make, anymore, countries

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.