Mail-in ballot redux (not political)

Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2020, 01:03 PM
Veteran member
Default Mail-in ballot redux (not political)

I saw a line of people at the Sumter County building on Pinellas today who looked like they had mail-in ballots in their hands. Can mail-in ballots be dropped off at the county office -- or at the polling station on Nov. 2? Anywhere but the mailbox, please.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
I saw a line of people at the Sumter County building on Pinellas today who looked like they had mail-in ballots in their hands. Can mail-in ballots be dropped off at the county office -- or at the polling station on Nov. 2? Anywhere but the mailbox, please.
Yes, they can be dropped off at the Election Commission office under the copper dome, or at any of the early voting sites. Last time we dropped ours off at Allamanda rec center during early voting.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:36 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
The internet can be a wealth of information

How to Cast Your Vote-By-Mail Ballot:
You can mail your Voted Ballot so that it is received in the Sumter County Supervisor of Elections Office on or before 7 PM on Election Day; OR

You can turn your Voted Ballot into one of the designated drop off boxes that will be located at each of our Early Voting Sites (this can only be done during Early Voting); OR

You can turn your Voted Ballot into our Wildwood Office, no later than 5 PM on Election Day; OR

You can turn your Voted Ballot into our Bushnell Office, no later than 7 PM on Election Day.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:52 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Once a mail-in is requested online................how fast do you receive it??
Old 10-06-2020, 03:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Once a mail-in is requested online................how fast do you receive it??
I am registered for mail in voting. I was notified when it was mailed and I believe it was about three days before it arrived.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-06-2020, 04:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

3 days incoming after requesting a mail in ballot...not bad

so our expectations should be no more than 3 days going back

if you're voting by mail, you don't have to wait until Nov 3rd to mail it in...but of course one could

so I'm wondering why some are saying that it will take weeks to tally up all the votes...as I would think that all they have to do once they verify that the individual hasn't voted previously is push it through the machine

oh, they don't have an efficient and accurate way to verify if the person already voted on a large scale...so maybe all this hula isn't about the post office after all

hopefully by the time the 2022 mid term elections come around 'they' will have this all streamlined, as this mixed bag of voting options is going to be the way of the future
Old 10-07-2020, 04:48 AM

It's an ABSENTEE ballot, not an unsolicited mail-in ballot like the ones being flooded around the country to every household.
Old 10-07-2020, 04:52 AM
Default Don't Forget Postage

The mail in envelope is not postage free, so don't forget the stamp. Your vote will not count unless it is returned with the proper 1st class postage.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie1 View Post

The mail in envelope is not postage free, so don't forget the stamp. Your vote will not count unless it is returned with the proper 1st class postage.
The mail in ballot I received said “no postage required”. So double-check.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:08 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Of course!! Thats been publicized for months and done every year!!
Old 10-07-2020, 05:12 AM
Default Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb1950 View Post
It's an ABSENTEE ballot, not an unsolicited mail-in ballot like the ones being flooded around the country to every household.
Florida does not have Absentee Ballots it has a vote by mail system. Please refer to Statutes & Constitution
:View Statutes
:

Online Sunshine

The Heritage Foundation is a respected conservative think tank that has come out against wide spread vote by mail. It’s Election Fraud Database documents only 1,300 proven instances of vote fraud of any kind, including some cases of absentee ballot fraud. Compared to the tens of millions of votes cast during the period they researched, the number of cases of any type of voter fraud is vanishing small and irrelevant to the outcome of any election. I understand that many want to believe the issue is critical but it is not. Voting by mail is safe and secure, with numerous safeguards built in to detect voter fraud.

Last edited by Astron; 10-07-2020 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 10-07-2020, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post

oh, they don't have an efficient and accurate way to verify if the person already voted on a large scale...so maybe all this hula isn't about the post office after all
No sure why you are saying there is not an efficient and accurate way to verify if a person has voted. In a couple of minutes I was able to find out my vote has been received, but not counted.

One can r egister to receive your voting status by going here : State of Florida Voter Lookup | Search

More info about that if you want it:
Election 2020: How to track your mail-in ballot - CNNPolitics
Old 10-07-2020, 05:57 AM

You stated "if you're voting by mail, you don't have to wait until Nov 3rd to mail it in...but of course one could".

In Florida, vote-by-mail ballots must be received by your elections office before 5pm on November 3rd.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:05 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
I truly don’t understand the need to mail in your vote. Go to the polls you have early vote from 10/19 to 11/ 2.
I not sure this everyone is so worried.....if you can golf, shopping, go to the squares.....you can vole in person. If you really want to know your vote got counted go to the polls
Old 10-07-2020, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb1950 View Post
As someone who lived in Colorado where voting by mail was how it was done, the ballots are solicited. When you register to vote, you are soliciting a ballot to be mailed to you. The only difference between CO and here is we have to ask twice in FL.

We never had any reports of fraud, so please quit listening to the fear mongering.
Closed Thread

Tags
mail-in, county, ballots, mailbox, hands

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.