Mandate Those Shots

Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2021, 06:48 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts
Default Mandate Those Shots

All employers with +99 employees.

OHSA, "employees in grave danger"??? Think not.

I support vaccinations, but not this way.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Agree. I worry about the slippery slope - today it's vaccinations but what might it be tomorrow? Once the approach is used the first time it will be that much easier to use it again. It seems like I heard of this approach being considered for something a year or so ago but I can't remember what it was now.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-10-2021, 07:28 AM
Default More than just a mandate

While the mandate in itself is far reaching and disgusting the whole speech pitted those with vaccines vs. those without. There was no mention of those who had covid not needing a vaccine having better antibodies than those getting the vaccine nor was there any reference to talking to your own PCP. I'm convinced this party in power merely seeks to divide and conquer and unfortunately it is working. We have been blessed to live through the best part of this country's history.
Old 09-10-2021, 07:30 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,247 Times in 362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

We often disagree but I'm with you 100% on this one. Encourage and make it easy but do not mandate. It will be interesting to see what the courts say.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 09-10-2021, 07:37 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Follow what's happening in Australia.............. coming soon to a country near you.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I support that like flu shots...those who want it get it....the rest consciously elect to risk getting the flu. It is their choice....they live with the results.

To get the virus vaccine or not unfortunately has been swept away from individual decisions to taking sides.

There are so many other things "mandated" in our lives by local, state, federal government, VCCD in TV, Deed restrictions in TV (and any where else), the draft, tax brackets, speed limits, et al.

When the vaccination is left to be voluntary then the results that follow should be acceptable as well.....hospitalizations, sickness and death of those not vaccinated.

Stop making it a big deal daily measurement.

It most certainly is not for those who choose to not get vaccinated!!
Old 09-10-2021, 08:26 AM

Take an hour out of your life and watch this video. It will completely explain what is happening in our country as Vaccine Mandate is just one of the vehicles:
Understanding the Culture with William Federer - YouTube
Old 09-10-2021, 08:43 AM
Platinum member

I am all for it. Enough of the vaccinated cow towing to those who refuse to educate themselves. If people don't get vaccinated then we all may be in danger of another variant that the vaccines won't work against. That's a national health issue. we all needed certain vaccines to go to school, I fail to see the difference in requiring this one....it's just a certain group that have adopted this as a rallying cry. Many approaches have already been tried to coax these people to do the right thing....special lotteries, money incentives, etc. Quantas is the first airline that is going to require vaccination...I hope more follow. many businesses are already requiring them (or trying to, i.e. cruises). People have died because there are no ICU beds available because of the unvaccinated. Frankly, I'm with Howard Stern (who I rarely agree with) on this: Howard Stern tears into people who won’t get Covid vaccine:
‘When are we going to stop putting up with the idiots in this country?’
Old 09-10-2021, 08:47 AM
Gold member

Sometimes people need tough love. This is one of those times.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
I am all for it. Enough of the vaccinated cow towing to those who refuse to educate themselves. If people don't get vaccinated then we all may be in danger of another variant that the vaccines won't work against. That's a national health issue. we all needed certain vaccines to go to school, I fail to see the difference in requiring this one....it's just a certain group that have adopted this as a rallying cry. Many approaches have already been tried to coax these people to do the right thing....special lotteries, money incentives, etc. Quantas is the first airline that is going to require vaccination...I hope more follow. many businesses are already requiring them (or trying to, i.e. cruises). People have died because there are no ICU beds available because of the unvaccinated. Frankly, I'm with Howard Stern (who I rarely agree with) on this: Howard Stern tears into people who won’t get Covid vaccine:
‘When are we going to stop putting up with the idiots in this country?
Never. We still put up with the idiots on this site, so the whole country????
Old 09-10-2021, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

Agree 100% with you. This has “fast track to the USSC” written all over it.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:03 AM

Biden Exempts Over 600,000 USPS Workers From Federal Mandatory Vaccination Order | ZeroHedge
Old 09-10-2021, 09:13 AM
Default Personal choice

I am vaxed and according to the so called experts, I am protected from getting seriously ill from Covid. How are the unfaxed causing a danger to me and all the other 65% of the country who have also been vaxed? The millions who already had Covid and recovered have better imunity then I have so why should they get punished with needles needles or weekly tests? Also, what makes the postal workers so special? They come in contact with the majority of the country almost daily.

Last edited by b1ll649; 09-10-2021 at 09:18 AM. Reason: remove political content
Old 09-10-2021, 09:24 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ll649 View Post
I am vaxed and according to the so called experts, I am protected from getting seriously ill from Covid. How are the unfaxed causing a danger to me and all the other 65% of the country who have also been vaxed? The millions who already had Covid and recovered have better imunity then I have so why should they get punished with needles needles or weekly tests? Also, what makes the postal workers so special? They come in contact with the majority of the country almost daily. This president ad his administration is all about power and not the safety of Americans as he stated was his primary goal.
You may be currently well protected from getting covid as it stands now. However, this virus isn't static. it will continue to look for hosts so it can survive. and to do so it will mutate...if everyone had got the vaccine when they could, the delta variant wouldn't have had a chance to take hold like it's doing now. so as long as there are significant populations that refuse to get vaccinated, the virus will infect them and get better at doing it. and people should stop worrying about themselves and be at least a little concerned for the children unable to be vaccinated....while they may currently suffer less, there has been a surge in hospitalizations and children have died. the only way to end this nightmare is for everyone who is eligible to get vaccinated. as for usps it's USPS has a separate statutory scheme and is traditionally independent of federal personnel actions like this,” a Biden administration official said.
I don't know why...but USPS always had better health insurance rates than the rest of us federal employees which was also frustrating.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Washington Post reporter corrects story on Postal Service exemption from Biden vaccine mandate

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Closed Thread

Tags
employees, mandate, vaccinations, support, grave

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.