Mandate Those Shots

Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2021, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,511 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ll649 View Post
I am vaxed and according to the so called experts, I am protected from getting seriously ill from Covid. How are the unfaxed causing a danger to me and all the other 65% of the country who have also been vaxed? The millions who already had Covid and recovered have better imunity then I have so why should they get punished with needles needles or weekly tests? Also, what makes the postal workers so special? They come in contact with the majority of the country almost daily.
It's not about you. It's about all the people - including children who CANNOT be vaccinated - who need protection from idiots who refuse to vaccinate or mask up.

Children under 12 at the present time cannot be vaccinated. They deserve to be protected, their families deserve to have their kids return to school and not continue isolating at home.

EVERYONE deserves to return to taking our masks off in close quarters. We can't do that if there's 25% of the population just flat out refusing to vaccinate.

There are people who want to vaccinate but can't, due to medical restrictions. They DESERVE to be protected without having to isolate indefinitely.

This isn't about you, your freedumz, your feelings, your wants, your interests. It's about We the People and our right to LIFE, LIBERTY, and the Pursuit of happiness. We can't enjoy any of those three things, as long as people refuse to even TRY protecting each other. When people -refuse- to vaccinate, they are stepping on -my- rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. They're stepping on your rights, they're stepping on everyone's rights.

The sooner we get everyone who *can* be vaccinated, vaccinated, the sooner we can return to our usual rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. You know, those rights and freedoms that everyone whines about being taken away from them when someone tells them to put on the damned mask and get the damned jab already.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

and to think that at one time I thought "1984" was a book of fiction
Old 09-10-2021, 09:34 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It's not about you. It's about all the people - including children who CANNOT be vaccinated - who need protection from idiots who refuse to vaccinate or mask up.

Children under 12 at the present time cannot be vaccinated. They deserve to be protected, their families deserve to have their kids return to school and not continue isolating at home.

EVERYONE deserves to return to taking our masks off in close quarters. We can't do that if there's 25% of the population just flat out refusing to vaccinate.

There are people who want to vaccinate but can't, due to medical restrictions. They DESERVE to be protected without having to isolate indefinitely.

This isn't about you, your freedumz, your feelings, your wants, your interests. It's about We the People and our right to LIFE, LIBERTY, and the Pursuit of happiness. We can't enjoy any of those three things, as long as people refuse to even TRY protecting each other. When people -refuse- to vaccinate, they are stepping on -my- rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. They're stepping on your rights, they're stepping on everyone's rights.

The sooner we get everyone who *can* be vaccinated, vaccinated, the sooner we can return to our usual rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. You know, those rights and freedoms that everyone whines about being taken away from them when someone tells them to put on the damned mask and get the damned jab already.
I disagree with the contents of this post
Old 09-10-2021, 09:37 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Political

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgordon013 View Post
While the mandate in itself is far reaching and disgusting the whole speech pitted those with vaccines vs. those without. There was no mention of those who had covid not needing a vaccine having better antibodies than those getting the vaccine nor was there any reference to talking to your own PCP. I'm convinced this party in power merely seeks to divide and conquer and unfortunately it is working. We have been blessed to live through the best part of this country's history.
I see no problem with mandated Covid vaccines except for religious or health reasons. I don’t know about you but I tired of people making Covid 19, vaccines, and masks a political issue. It’s a public health issue period and final. We are all in this together. Put down the gloves and stick up your arms for a shot to save lives.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:

I agree with your points about vaccination, mostly because of the children who as a group cannot be vaccinated yet. As far as those with medical issues that preclude vaccination, I don't think we can make policy for everyone based on less than 1% of the population.
As far as masks go, even though they are the "poster children" of this pandemic, they are very limited in their utility, and at this point really only serve to protect the unvaccinated from the unvaccinated. Yes, yes, I know there is a small percentage of vaccinated that can contract and spread COVID, but the likelihood of vaccinated to vaccinated transmission is pretty close to nothing. therefore, I only wear a mask if required, or if there is a possibility of children under 12 around. Those that refuse vaccination can take their chances, rotsa ruck.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:55 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Spot on

Quote:

Your post is spot on and makes common sense. I know it’s the word “mandate” that gets some people back up. I understand but occasionally we are called to do something for the better good and that is what taking the Covid vaccine is all about.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Agree. I worry about the slippery slope - today it's vaccinations but what might it be tomorrow? Once the approach is used the first time it will be that much easier to use it again. It seems like I heard of this approach being considered for something a year or so ago but I can't remember what it was now.
Vaccinations have been mandatory before. This is not a first. What about mandatory vaccines for International travel? How about mandatory vaccines for children to attend school? It’s been done before. Why is the Covid vaccine any different?

I’m glad these vaccines are mandatory. Maybe we can get a handle on this virus.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:40 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,089 Times in 297 Posts

Mandatory gene manipulation.

Wow. Did you ever think you'd live to see the day when it was illegal to refuse to let the government re-wire your genes?

I'm an old man with asthma. I don't care if my covid shots make me sterile or deform my future offspring -- I'm done breeding. I got the shots. But is it so bad to give young people the choice to not have their genes manipulated?

We're not talking about the Black Death or Ebola. We're talking about a cold virus that about 0.4% of the time progresses to pneumonia.

And we're talking about a vaccine that intentionally manipulates your genes to produce a foreign protein for your immune system to react to.

Maybe that's completely safe. But before we commit the next two generations of human beings to this experiment, wouldn't it be wise to leave at least a few people UN-altered, just in case?
Old 09-10-2021, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
All employers with +99 employees.

OHSA, "employees in grave danger"??? Think not.

I support vaccinations, but not this way.

It is always best to hog tie and jab, versus the normal way of doing this sort of thing.....Gee this has never been tried before has it.

Those that agree with forced vax...should remember to stop when the Qtip hits resistance.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Your post is spot on and makes common sense. I know it’s the word “mandate” that gets some people back up. I understand but occasionally we are called to do something for the better good and that is what taking the Covid vaccine is all about.
Mandates shouldn't be necessary. People should be WANTING to vaccinate. This is a changed world we live in, where there are small groups of people who propagate lies about medicine, and those who believe those lies. As a result, we see a significant minority who refuse and reject the vaccines. If this was an insignificant minority I'd say "live and let die" and not give another thought to it.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I agree with your points about vaccination, mostly because of the children who as a group cannot be vaccinated yet. As far as those with medical issues that preclude vaccination, I don't think we can make policy for everyone based on less than 1% of the population.
As far as masks go, even though they are the "poster children" of this pandemic, they are very limited in their utility, and at this point really only serve to protect the unvaccinated from the unvaccinated. Yes, yes, I know there is a small percentage of vaccinated that can contract and spread COVID, but the likelihood of vaccinated to vaccinated transmission is pretty close to nothing. therefore, I only wear a mask if required, or if there is a possibility of children under 12 around. Those that refuse vaccination can take their chances, rotsa ruck.
This never was a vaccine.......so that is why the CDC on Sept. 1 2021 changed the definition...as I said all along.....only a band-aid.....Gives primary protection only...just stops some symptoms....Herd immunity will be achieved once the thousands of cold viruses have reached that point......aint gonna happen......how many more lies can be swallowed??
Old 09-10-2021, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Mandates shouldn't be necessary. People should be WANTING to vaccinate. This is a changed world we live in, where there are small groups of people who propagate lies about medicine, and those who believe those lies. As a result, we see a significant minority who refuse and reject the vaccines. If this was an insignificant minority I'd say "live and let die" and not give another thought to it.
When a vaccine is made everyone will take it...not this stuff that is being peddled.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Never. We still put up with the idiots on this site, so the whole country????
Just like the vaccines, there will never be 100% compliance but we can certainly do everything possible to get it done.
Old 09-10-2021, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
Mandatory gene manipulation.

Wow. Did you ever think you'd live to see the day when it was illegal to refuse to let the government re-wire your genes?

I'm an old man with asthma. I don't care if my covid shots make me sterile or deform my future offspring -- I'm done breeding. I got the shots. But is it so bad to give young people the choice to not have their genes manipulated?

We're not talking about the Black Death or Ebola. We're talking about a cold virus that about 0.4% of the time progresses to pneumonia.

And we're talking about a vaccine that intentionally manipulates your genes to produce a foreign protein for your immune system to react to.

Maybe that's completely safe. But before we commit the next two generations of human beings to this experiment, wouldn't it be wise to leave at least a few people UN-altered, just in case?
Not gene manipulation.
Doesn't re-wire your genes.
Doesn't manipulate anyone's genes.

isn't even illegal to refuse the vaccine. For the Fed employees it seems to be a requirement to work. For the rest of the US it is a requirement levied on the employer if they have more than 99 employees and comes with an option for testing.

While it may progress to pneumonia in 0.4% of the cases (I didn't look that up) it DOES progress to death in a little over 1% of the cases (need to recalculate after the current surge is over). Plus, the vaccine not only saves my life but it protects others, avoids over-utilization of health-care resources, and allows the economy to remain open.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-10-2021, 11:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by drducat View Post
This never was a vaccine.......so that is why the CDC on Sept. 1 2021 changed the definition...as I said all along.....only a band-aid.....Gives primary protection only...just stops some symptoms....Herd immunity will be achieved once the thousands of cold viruses have reached that point......aint gonna happen......how many more lies can be swallowed??
Sars-2 is not a cold virus. Both sars-2 and the various rhinoviruses that make up the term "common cold" are all coronaviruses.

You pretend to be someone who knows about medicine, but apparently you are either missing a few facts, or you're intentionally ignoring them.

Let's try word comparisons:

Sars-2 is to rhinovirus like Chevy Malibu is to Ford Fusion. Both are motor vehicles. Both fall into the same category of motor vehicles - the sedan. They get similar MPG, they're in similar price categories, and have similar options.

Sars-2 and rhinovirus are both viruses fall into the same category: coronaviruses. They share some similar potential symptoms, and spread in similar ways - via moisture droplets. But just like a Chevy is not and never will be a Ford, Sars-2 is not and never will be a rhinovirus.

Hope that helps you.
Closed Thread

Tags
employees, mandate, vaccinations, support, grave

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.