The Media is the Virus

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2020, 12:11 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirl View Post
Are you a we doctor? Or are you in a position of power be it ceo of a hospital or medical review ?
What exactly are your qualifications for making you opinions sound like facts? All my sources say the opposite of what you are saying and they are in places of power to know the truth.
To whom are you addressing your comment??
Old 07-01-2020, 12:25 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
In the villages and especially on this site there is no real news unless they agree with it !!!
Nah We're just smart enough to check actual data sources for the facts instead of being led around like puppies by activists with a byline.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:26 PM
Gold member

Read an interesting science article on Apple News today from the WAPO ( was actually non-political). The virus has mutated and is now the predominant strain across the US. What happened is a portion of it's genetic code linked to how it attaches itself to your cells mutated to make it easier and therefore much more infectious.

Several research groups have confirmed this. BUT, this mutation, while causing a significant increase in infection rates, is not causing any increase in severity.

In otherwords, what we are seeing now with the rising positive rates is consistent with this mutation which is predominantly in America. This does not mean we will see a rise in deaths. It MAY mean we will get closer to herd immunity.

This virus mutation has taken over the world. Scientists are trying to understand why.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:13 PM

Exactly. Lots of believers in conspiracy theories on this thread. Too much FOX?
Old 07-01-2020, 02:25 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteone View Post
Exactly. Lots of believers in conspiracy theories on this thread. Too much FOX?
No one knows who or what you're responding to if you don't quote the source.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
In the villages and especially on this site there is no real news unless they agree with it !!!
Also, any real news (from the hated "MSM") can easily be countered with any one of several contrived conspiracy theories.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Attachment 84909

Lot's of scary stories about surges and hospitals being overwhelmed.

Here's a graph the media won't show you. Negative results on covid 19 tests is surging.

Attachment 84910

Here's is a graph showing US socialization (cell phone data) vs hospitalization rates with dates for when unlocking began, when Floyd protests began. Slight uptick in hospitalizations found 8 to 15 days after Floyd protests began.

Attachment 84912

When you see stories about hospitals getting overwhelmed, it's not really due to surge of new cases. The new cases are predominately younger in age, most of them do not get very sick. Did you know that if a younger person goes to an ER with a cough or fever and tests positive, this counts as a hospitalization, even if he does not spend a night there. Ditto if an asymptomatic person goes to ER to get tested because his boss told him to. Also hospitals are now open for elective surgeries, postponed heart surgeries etc. They all get tested for covid, if positive you guessed it, they get marked down as a covid 19 hospitalization.

CDC graph of hospitalizations USA with age groups. You can see all hospitalizations are much lower than at the peak, and that hospitalizations of 65+ group are very small.

Attachment 84911

Moral of the story is, don't trust the media, they want to keep you scared, and most of them do not want the economy to recover "too soon" This does not mean that if you are over 65/at risk that you should go out and party. Just don't let the media push your panic buttons.
We believe what fits our agenda so if you want to discount what you hear then go out and play. All I ask is that you respect others that may not believe what you believe or believe that you are an interpretive expert. That respect would include social distancing and masks.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-01-2020, 04:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

What a nice thing it is to read thru a long thread like this and see the give and take of ideas between adults with only several small blips of Verbotten Political References. What could be the difference? I think for a moment in time that the new strategy is working.

Not one person that I observed spoke down to another or taught a lesson with relentless changes of font, color, and criticism.

I'm so sick of the news it's revolting. Who do you believe? The one you have always liked? I don't think so. I have limited my time on the news to about and hour a day and feel much better. I'm still informed.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,011 Times in 5,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpyo View Post
ABC - Always Bull Crap
CBS - Continuous Bull S.....
NBC - Nothing But Crap
FOX - Full of eXcrement
Oops I didn’t take a side. I’m in deep C, S or X.
CNN = Communist News Network
Old 07-01-2020, 05:11 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
We believe what fits our agenda so if you want to discount what you hear then go out and play. All I ask is that you respect others that may not believe what you believe or believe that you are an interpretive expert. That respect would include social distancing and masks.
I just check actual data sources for actual facts. Like when I see someone link a news report that implies all the Arizona Hospitals are bursting at the seams with covid patients and I look at Arizona Dept of Health stats and see that they are not.

I'm also not denying that there is a surge of new cases. Simply pointing out that the median age of these new cases is 35 and that people of this age group rarely die, are often asymptomatic, and that these types of cases have always been there, they just never got tested before. I predict, with factual reasons, that we will not see a huge spike in deaths from these surges unless the old and at risk drop their guard and start mixing it up too much with the general public.

Remember that Covid 19 death score thread someone posted a while back? I scored a twenty on it. 1 point for being alive, multiplied by 20 for being over 65. I challenged anyone in that thread to post a lower score. No takers. I haven't done any of the things that were listed that add more points, like going to grocery stores, going out to eat inside or outside table, movie theater, meetings of more than 5 etc etc

I am a superstar when it comes to social distancing, haven't been within 20 feet of anyone for 3 months. Don't have a mask, they don't protect you all that much and since I don't enter ANY buildings other than my own home, I don't have any need for a mask. I play golf (alone) swim in my pool, take walks, and talk to my neighbors from a very safe distance.

So no lectures on having respect are needed thank you.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,878 Times in 2,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
there is no real news today....oh for the days of Walter Cronkite and Hunley/Brinkley

every station is pushing out their bias

We've stopped watching them
Don’t you mean they’re network/owner’s agenda?
Old 07-03-2020, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Attachment 84909

Lot's of scary stories about surges and hospitals being overwhelmed.

Here's a graph the media won't show you. Negative results on covid 19 tests is surging.

Attachment 84910

Here's is a graph showing US socialization (cell phone data) vs hospitalization rates with dates for when unlocking began, when Floyd protests began. Slight uptick in hospitalizations found 8 to 15 days after Floyd protests began.

Attachment 84912

When you see stories about hospitals getting overwhelmed, it's not really due to surge of new cases. The new cases are predominately younger in age, most of them do not get very sick. Did you know that if a younger person goes to an ER with a cough or fever and tests positive, this counts as a hospitalization, even if he does not spend a night there. Ditto if an asymptomatic person goes to ER to get tested because his boss told him to. Also hospitals are now open for elective surgeries, postponed heart surgeries etc. They all get tested for covid, if positive you guessed it, they get marked down as a covid 19 hospitalization.

CDC graph of hospitalizations USA with age groups. You can see all hospitalizations are much lower than at the peak, and that hospitalizations of 65+ group are very small.

Attachment 84911

Moral of the story is, don't trust the media, they want to keep you scared, and most of them do not want the economy to recover "too soon" This does not mean that if you are over 65/at risk that you should go out and party. Just don't let the media push your panic buttons.
You speak the truth. Florida Dept. Of Health dashboard, has a map by county.
Touch the county and the numbers come up. I’ve been tracking this fro the beginning. The media does alarm people by not telling us the hospitalizations and death numbers. They are the important numbers. I wrote to channel six, and they were reporting those numbers now. If we write and tell them to do this, they will.
Some People don’t know they have it, some will feel like they have a cold. I’m retired, so I isolate, and wear a mask. Using sanitizer and washing my hands often has kept me safe. We don’t have to panic. Let’s be informed, and do whatever we can to be safe.
MaryAnne Boyle
Old 07-03-2020, 03:34 PM
Gold member

And just today, Arizona's Public Health agency stated that although the number of positives has gone up, Covid hospitalizations have gone down and 91% of ICU beds are empty.
The MSM loves to hype and misinform because it attracts eyeballs which, in turn, drive ad revenue.. Be a wary consumer and think about the agendas being driven.
Old 07-03-2020, 04:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
And just today, Arizona's Public Health agency stated that although the number of positives has gone up, Covid hospitalizations have gone down and 91% of ICU beds are empty.
The MSM loves to hype and misinform because it attracts eyeballs which, in turn, drive ad revenue.. Be a wary consumer and think about the agendas being driven.
It's not just revenue driven. I'd guess 70-80% of the media wants a certain someone to lose in November. They don't report the news, they are activists with a byline.

Here's how that ABC story trying to scare people that all the hospitals a full was written.

The editor tells reporters/research staff "I want a story about a hospital that's bursting at the seams with covid patients. Get some juicy quotes about nurses crying and saying they've never seen anything like it. I don't care if you have to call every hospital in Arizona"

Believe me, they know how to check the Arizona Dept of Health to get actual occupancy numbers just like I did.
Old 07-03-2020, 04:36 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
Agree - all but one station is very good at giving us the real news stories
I agree, CNN is lousy for actual news.
Closed Thread

Tags
hospitalizations, hospitalization, hospitals, graph, began

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.