Memorial Fund For George Floyd

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2020, 01:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,649 Times in 1,494 Posts
Default Anyone can do it.

Anyone can open a "Go fund me" account. I have a niece who opened a go fund me to pay for her destnation wedding. We don't see her or speak, so I don't know what she got, if anything.
So, invent a sob story if you don't have a "pity me" one and set up your own account. Yes, some needs are real, but mostly (imho) it is nothing more than a modern form of begging. "I'm a poor old man with no kids to buy me a retirement home in The Villages. Please send lots of money cause I want to play golf".
It is easy. Floyd's family has as much right as anyone else to do it. The tragic way he lost his life along with all the media coverage was a great opportunity to cash in.
Open your own account now and you could be a millionaire by tomorrow.

Stay well. Stay . Peace!
Old 07-16-2020, 02:24 PM
Sage
Default $$$$$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
The family itself came from a community in need so they COULD rightfully keep some of the money. When money is involved jealousy comes out. Like at a reading of any will. $14,000 IS overkill, but would we prefer that it was $ 1,000?
OP shows $14,432,000.00 (14 MILLION). Not $14,000,00 (14 thousand) that you show.
Keeping some money is probably to be expected. You mention the community in need. What seems to me, is that most believe that the community will probably not see a dime of the money or maybe a small token gift. Tax exempt of course.
How much the family actually ends up with, I have no idea. How much they deserve. I have no opinion since I don't know them or the deceased or the oficers involved. I wasn't there when it happened. I will wait for the decision of the jury.
Old 07-16-2020, 03:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

I wonder if Floyd's brother has changed his mind about his brother now that he looks to gain tons of green. I had to laugh when I heard him at the funeral say "I watch my brother so that I would know what not to do." It's great to have a perfect example in the family.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:28 PM
Veteran member

You can bet they are all giving to the scam BLM.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:44 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

I guess I'm confused. All GoFundme sites are voluntary and do not have any taxpayer money going to them. If I don't want to donate to one of them, I don't. I also don't become angry because someone else may choose to give their money to one, since it's their money. There must be something else going on here.
Old 07-16-2020, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
The Cops did not kill Floyd. Floyd killed himself.
He knelt on his own neck??? I wish they'd show the video of that!!
Old 07-16-2020, 09:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoguy View Post
If he would have been home with his kids instead of drinking the world would be in a better place right now
Old 07-17-2020, 03:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
Who ever said “Crime Doesn’t Pay? Check on this link by going to the GoFundMe website. It is true! Fundraiser by Philonise Floyd : Official George Floyd Memorial Fund

The family (brothers and sister) of George Floyd opened a Go Fund Me account to "help the family"? It has already raised $14,432,000 and still counting from donations as of June 20, 2020. Yes, over $14 MILLION.

This is for a guy who was arrested nine times; was a convicted drug dealer ; held a gun to the stomach of a pregnant lady while his five buddies robbed her home; did prison time three different times totaling about eight years, and obviously didn't learn from our penal system. And America is memorializing him by painting murals of the guy on the sides of buildings like he's a hero? Unbelievable!! You gotta be kidding me.

I would bet that not one cent will go to helping those in need within the community.

Crime does pay…..and well!!!!!
Biggles, I'm not saying I don't believe you but if he did get 14 million I bet it wasn't one single person that was protesting that gave a nickle to it! Sorry just don't believe it, he just wasn't that important to anyone.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:10 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
Mr. Floyd was definitely no angel. However, that does not excuse the police officers (particularly Derek Chauvin) from apparently deciding that they would be judge, jury and executioner for Mr. Floyd. He was trying to pass a phony twenty dollar bill when the police came after him. A
crime? Yes. An instant death sentence? No.
A multi-million dollar windfall for his wife he hasn’t lived with for 6 years. No. Put some in a Trust for his kids, and use a substantial amount to help rebuild the city his buddies destroyed, and give the rest to the family of the 77 year old Police Captain his BLM buddies killed.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:44 PM
Sage
Default I think you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoguy View Post
I think you know what the statement "he killed himself" was trying to express. Had mr Floyd been a more law abiding citizen it is unlikely this tragedy would ever have happened. Sadly, a life of crime is what he chose and nobody can say for certain why. Violence begets violence, and so, sooner or later, something bad was most likely going to happen to him. His death, any death, is a tragedy. His death while in custody is even more so.
Surely you must know Mr Floyd was no saint. He made a lot of bad choices in life. Bad choices often lead to bad outcomes. Mr Floyd made the first move that lead to tragedy when he committed a crime. That brought the cops and things went south from there. That is what I think the other post was trying to say.

Stay safe. Stay well. Peace!
Old 07-17-2020, 06:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
I think you know what the statement "he killed himself" was trying to express. Had mr Floyd been a more law abiding citizen it is unlikely this tragedy would ever have happened. Sadly, a life of crime is what he chose and nobody can say for certain why. Violence begets violence, and so, sooner or later, something bad was most likely going to happen to him. His death, any death, is a tragedy. His death while in custody is even more so.
Surely you must know Mr Floyd was no saint. He made a lot of bad choices in life. Bad choices often lead to bad outcomes. Mr Floyd made the first move that lead to tragedy when he committed a crime. That brought the cops and things went south from there. That is what I think the other post was trying to say.

Agreed
Old 07-17-2020, 06:11 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
I guess I'm confused. All GoFundme sites are voluntary and do not have any taxpayer money going to them. If I don't want to donate to one of them, I don't. I also don't become angry because someone else may choose to give their money to one, since it's their money. There must be something else going on here.
Artificially inspired white guilt. It's a beautiful thing for families of drug addicts.
Old 07-18-2020, 06:21 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,106 Times in 1,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobob View Post
You can bet they are all giving to the scam BLM.
BLM doesn't need the money. They are now filthy rich. Only in the new America.
Old 07-18-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
You're right, I know what was meant and I was being deliberately facetious. Sometimes I just can't help myself.
The thing is that it is probably just as true that if a different cop had stopped Floyd, or a different restraint used, he also might be alive today. The neck restraint used - as well as the amount of time it was used - were outside of the Minneapolis PD policy in place at that time. Remember: he was basically passively resisting as far as I've ever seen (as in sliding to the ground) and NOT actively fighting with police prior to the neck restraint being applied & seemed to be fully under control for the entire 8:46 is was used.
Quote:

He definitely had a criminal history & definitely was a drug user. It was the manner of his death & the sad fact that Chauvin seemed to show blatant disregard while being recorded that set the whole sorry series of events that followed in motion. I have never excused the rioting & looting, BTW. Nor do I feel that Floyd deserved to be a 'martyr', but he sure ended up being a symbol of a cause or movement, whether or not we all believe in it.

Peace to you, too. It's really nice to have a discussion without it turning bitter. Thanks for that!!
Old 07-18-2020, 09:51 AM

Comply
Closed Thread

Tags
family, fund, george, floyd, guy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.