Moderna Covid booster expected by September 2021

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2021, 08:22 AM
John41
Default Moderna Covid booster expected by September 2021

Moderna is finalizing data on several booster shots for Covid 19 and urges elderly populations such as The Villages to get a booster shot to avoid respiratory complications. The efficacy of the first two shots diminishes after 6 to 9 months. We got our second shot in March 2021 so about November we will sign up for the booster. Moderna is a vaccine company that developed a vaccine against Covid 19 last year under Operation Warp Speed.
Old 08-05-2021, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

This sounds like the same marketing pitch Pfizer made within the last two months.

It will be interesting to see the studies that show not only that the antibodies are falling off but the level of antibodies needed to still be protected. There may be fewer antibodies today than nine months ago but if the level is still far above what is needed for protection against the virus then getting a booster is just putting money into the manufacturer's pocket.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-05-2021, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I wonder if the saferestart web site that scheduled our first two Moderna shots will notify us when boosters become available to schedule?
Old 08-05-2021, 11:29 AM
Veteran member

I’m done tired of the lies. No more shots for us
Old 08-05-2021, 11:34 AM

I am not a doctor, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn express last night ---
It would seem to me that full FDA approval of the original vaccine should be done first, before a booster of this emergency vaccine is ready.

Last edited by Decadeofdave; 08-05-2021 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Add word
Old 08-05-2021, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

I have yet to see a convincing argument FOR getting a booster for a vaccine that they have no confidence in. Sounds like a "shot" in the dark hoping to hit their target. Prob wait and see how it goes. If I get sick, then it is on me and you all can say "told ya." If not I'll prob be better off than those vaccinated IMO.
Old 08-05-2021, 11:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decadeofdave View Post
I am not a doctor, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn express last night ---
It would seem to me that full FDA approval of the original vaccine should be done first, before a booster of this emergency vaccine is ready.

Seems like a valid point...
Old 08-05-2021, 11:50 AM
Sage

Like the FLu I guess they will come out with a new version of vaccination for every variant. No thanks, I'll pass and take my chances. But that's just me and I think everyone else should do what they think they should do. Even a security blanket will keep the baby warm a little bit.
Old 08-05-2021, 11:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,012 Times in 1,739 Posts

If the side effects are as mild as the first two doses were, and the peace of mind after, as good…sign me up!
Old 08-05-2021, 12:08 PM

What/Why is the US FDA taking so long to make a ruling for the first Vax's?
Vax's are classified as "Experimental", yet Millions have been given., (World wide).
I personally know persons that are waiting to get an "Approved" drug b/4 getting Vax'd.
Seems like the US FDA is just another bloated, overpaid, Gov't agency, (IMO)
p.s. We got Vax'd in later Jan, with the "Experimental" drug, no issues so far.
Maybe, will consider a "Booster", if have factual details that it is needed and approved.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
Moderna is finalizing data on several booster shots for Covid 19 and urges elderly populations such as The Villages to get a booster shot to avoid respiratory complications. The efficacy of the first two shots diminishes after 6 to 9 months. We got our second shot in March 2021 so about November we will sign up for the booster. Moderna is a vaccine company that developed a vaccine against Covid 19 last year under Operation Warp Speed.
Got keep the cash cow going.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:52 PM

Quote:
6-9 months isn't very long, is it? And what about the variants - are they covered in this booster? I recall that those who got the Pfizer in July of last year as part of the clinical trials were tested for antibodies in January 2021 and the results were good as they still showed robust levels.
Old 08-05-2021, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Pfizer has postponed Boosters.....I do believe they have an ADE problem on their hands and trying to get ahead of it.
Old 08-05-2021, 02:03 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
6-9 months isn't very long, is it? And what about the variants - are they covered in this booster? I recall that those who got the Pfizer in July of last year as part of the clinical trials were tested for antibodies in January 2021 and the results were good as they still showed robust levels.
The variants up to lambda are covered by the booster. Also for those whose first two shots were less than 9 months ago studies show there are also enough antibodies to neutralize up to the lamda virus. Fortunately there has been a large increase in vaccinations due to delta publicity. The required six months of data for full FDA approval have been collected and should happen soon.
Old 08-05-2021, 02:16 PM

Quote:
The variants up to lambda are covered by the booster. Also for those whose first two shots were less than 9 months ago studies show there are also enough antibodies to neutralize up to the lamda virus. Fortunately there has been a large increase in vaccinations due to delta publicity. The required six months of data for full FDA approval have been collected and should happen soon.
How does one accelerate the process to fully approve the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine? It take time not speed...........
Closed Thread

Tags
booster, moderna, covid, shots, shot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.