Is the Moderna Vaccine authorized for the booster shot or not?

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2021, 05:00 AM
Default Johns Hopkins Cannot be relied upon

The research university founded by a man who " recently discovered records offer strong evidence that Johns Hopkins held enslaved people in his home until at least the mid-1800s." is not a source of "truth". The University, without question, is a fake institution seeking to enslave the minds of free thinking patriots.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:19 AM
Default Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
The research university founded by a man who " recently discovered records offer strong evidence that Johns Hopkins held enslaved people in his home until at least the mid-1800s." is not a source of "truth". The University, without question, is a fake institution seeking to enslave the minds of free thinking patriots.
You’re kidding, right?
Old 09-26-2021, 06:01 AM
Default Booster shot

I got my booster shot of Moderna at Publix. If you want one just schedule it

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
MSM is reporting that Moderna has not received EAU for booster shots, even for immunocompromised people. People who have received their immunizations from Moderna will just have to wait for their booster shots. They even said that thousands of people have already received Moderna booster shots that should not have received them because Moderna booster shots are not yet authorized. I heard this from Lester Holt (NBC) and from Nora O'Donnell (CBS). I know many of you do not consider these news sources to be reliable so now I'm starting to wonder just how reliable they are. Can't believe I even said that!

I went to the Johns Hopkins website, as recommended by someone on another thread. Johns Hopkins states that they are administering Pfizer and Moderna booster shots to those who have a "qualifying medical condition". This is from the Johns Hopkins website, FAQ..........

"Is Johns Hopkins offering third shots of the Covid-19 vaccines?
Yes. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized an additional COVID-19 vaccine dose for people who received either the Pfizer-BioNTech or the Moderna COVID-19 vaccines and have a qualifying medical condition, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). A third shot has been authorized only for the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines.

People with a qualifying medical condition who have received either the Pfizer-BioNTech or the Moderna COVID-19 vaccines are eligible to get an additional dose of the same vaccine at select Johns Hopkins Medicine vaccination clinics. Eligible people must schedule a COVID-19 vaccine third dose in advance, as follows:

Schedule online through MyChart. View scheduling instructions.
Schedule by phone at 443-997-1875, Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The FDA and CDC continue to evaluate data regarding the need for additional doses for other populations. For now, those who received the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine are not eligible to receive any additional doses of any authorized COVID-19 vaccines. Read more about getting a COVID-19 third dose at Johns Hopkins Medicine."

This is the Johns Hopkins website with this information. I consider Johns Hopkins to be a reliable source......

COVID-19 Vaccination Guidance for Johns Hopkins Medicine Patients | Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Updates
Old 09-26-2021, 06:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,316 Times in 499 Posts

I plan to ask that my antibodies be checked when I get my annual blood work done in Nov. Then if my doctor suggests it, I will kick around the idea of a booster. At this time, mass hysteria has not caused me to rush into something I may not need.
Funny, how folks say that you should get the vaccination to protect your family and then do not consider a booster the same way. The booster right now is only for the immune compromised. Lets all play the flip-flop game. Of course, I am healthy and do not need the booster, but I am sure someone will be adamant about EVERYONE getting the booster, just as they were about the original vaccination. And the vinyl disk just keeps spinning.
Old 09-26-2021, 06:13 AM
Veteran member

The answer is a wink and a nod to the pharmacist. No one is telling you you need to bring in a doctor's note and I know many people that have gotten the booster shot already from moderna
Old 09-26-2021, 06:30 AM

Quote:
So.......Lester and Nora are telling the truth? So glad to hear that.

Having said that..... Hubby saw a "desk" set up at Colony Publix to register people for the Moderna booster shot. I guess Publix hasn't received the memo.
I got my Moderna booster two weeks ago at Publix and I am not immunocompromised. They were also offering the Pfizer booster. You can make an appointment online.
Old 09-26-2021, 06:32 AM

I got my booster of moderna last week at CVS
Old 09-26-2021, 06:48 AM
Default Moderna Vaccine

Saw this article in the NY Times concerning The Moderna Vaccine. Maybe we don’t need a 3rd booster shot of Moderna.

Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both Knockouts, but One Seems to Have the Edge - NewsBreak
Old 09-26-2021, 06:58 AM

I’m over 65 and got my 3rd Moderna (booster) shot at Publix last week because my doctor told me to. That’s good enough for me.
Old 09-26-2021, 07:09 AM

I don't know anything about the authorizations, but both my husband and I received our boosters a couple of weeks ago (Moderna) at our doctor's office at The Villages Health at Colony. I am diabetic and he is 69.
Old 09-26-2021, 07:35 AM
Gold member
Thanked 2,147 Times in 746 Posts

Hoping this thing will go away so we don't need a booster shot.
Old 09-26-2021, 07:43 AM

We got our boosters of Moderna 3 weeks ago at Publix. Pharmacist said they were throwing doses away, so happy to put them in arms.
Old 09-26-2021, 07:57 AM

Quote:
MSM is reporting that Moderna has not received EAU for booster shots, even for immunocompromised people. People who have received their immunizations from Moderna will just have to wait for their booster shots. They even said that thousands of people have already received Moderna booster shots that should not have received them because Moderna booster shots are not yet authorized. I heard this from Lester Holt (NBC) and from Nora O'Donnell (CBS). I know many of you do not consider these news sources to be reliable so now I'm starting to wonder just how reliable they are. Can't believe I even said that!

I went to the Johns Hopkins website, as recommended by someone on another thread. Johns Hopkins states that they are administering Pfizer and Moderna booster shots to those who have a "qualifying medical condition". This is from the Johns Hopkins website, FAQ..........

"Is Johns Hopkins offering third shots of the Covid-19 vaccines?
Yes. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized an additional COVID-19 vaccine dose for people who received either the Pfizer-BioNTech or the Moderna COVID-19 vaccines and have a qualifying medical condition, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). A third shot has been authorized only for the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines.

People with a qualifying medical condition who have received either the Pfizer-BioNTech or the Moderna COVID-19 vaccines are eligible to get an additional dose of the same vaccine at select Johns Hopkins Medicine vaccination clinics. Eligible people must schedule a COVID-19 vaccine third dose in advance, as follows:

Schedule online through MyChart. View scheduling instructions.
Schedule by phone at 443-997-1875, Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The FDA and CDC continue to evaluate data regarding the need for additional doses for other populations. For now, those who received the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine are not eligible to receive any additional doses of any authorized COVID-19 vaccines. Read more about getting a COVID-19 third dose at Johns Hopkins Medicine."

This is the Johns Hopkins website with this information. I consider Johns Hopkins to be a reliable source......

COVID-19 Vaccination Guidance for Johns Hopkins Medicine Patients | Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Updates
Yes many in the area are getting 3rd shots “boosters” for many reasons, but as I have heard and read, Moderna has not yet been authorized by FDA to distribute immunizations as boosters.
Old 09-26-2021, 08:09 AM

I am a liver transplant and take drugs to reduce my immune system to avoid rejection.. Studies showed that people with solid organ transplant and similar conditions did not reach the same level of protection as "normal" people with two shots. This "third shot" was given to to this specific group of people to help them reach that higher level of protection. It is not a "booster" per se.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Authorizes Additional Vaccine Dose for Certain Immunocompromised Individuals | FDA

"Booster" shots (of which only the Pfizer is currently approved) are the result of normal healthy people showing a reduced response after 6 months. This is an entirely different condition than the above action taken in August.
Old 09-26-2021, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Moderna and J&J are still authorized by CDC for "emergency" use.......which all of us who have the first two doses received.....with no FDA full approval.
See first paragraph in link below:

Get Vaccine Answers | How we know COVID-19 vaccines… | The Ad Council

The so called procedural approval process moves very slowly and inefficiently and influenced by special interest and other controlling groups.

The Moderna third dose is no less "approved" than the first two shots.....all doses are the same formulation and dosage!

The approval status is a well worn, misunderstood red herring!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
covid-19, moderna, johns, hopkins, received

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.