More rioting

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2020, 02:09 PM

sounds like a super-spreader event to me! Love that they came with dollies and the police were told to stand down. What's next?
Old 10-28-2020, 02:11 PM
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoc7 View Post
From what I saw on the video, it wasn't a self-defence shooting. Wallace had a very small knife - why use deadly force? Taser him or lassoo him, or shoot him non-lethally. There was no need for deadly force.
Give that a try when such a person comes for you and we'll see how it works out. Respectfully submitted as the sister of a police officer in the DC metro area.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:17 PM
Question

And what about reparations for the descendants of the white/other (basically - non-slave peoples) whose lives and fortunes were stolen/ burned up, etc., by the government during the civil war? My family was VERY wealthy until then... and yet I grew up in an 8x40 trailer with my family.

Last edited by transplanted; 10-28-2020 at 02:27 PM. Reason: intended to reply to original poster - Choro & Swing
Old 10-28-2020, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribellitt View Post
But could you at least just aim for a leg? Maybe you're not a sure shot but these police officers are supposed to be trained professionals.
And then he hits a femoral artery and the perpetrator bleeds out and the cop is still wrong - right?
Old 10-28-2020, 03:00 PM
SUENRAN
Default Great Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72lions View Post
Of course this is not accurate. The bi-polar nan had a kitchen knife for God sake. Another unnecessary killing.
Such an sad statement to make. A kitchen knife with can be driven into a person. Maybe the person should have put the knife down!
Old 10-28-2020, 03:08 PM
Location: Newburgh NY, Berwick PA, Grand Forks ND, Tampa Fl, Wenatchee Wash, TN, OK, TX, NC, OH, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Right and wrong is instilled by your family and those who care about you and nurture you, not from God.
God can be your father or the devil can be. Some don’t believe in either but that doesn’t mean it isn’t so. You will do the works of your father
Old 10-28-2020, 04:49 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Very informative post. What is your opinion about tranquilizer darts in that situation? Can robotic Police be perfected in the future to take care of many (not all) of these situations in your opinion?
I like the idea of a tranquilizer dart, officers should be equipped with tasers also. I'm all for any alternative to a firearm in the appropriate situation. Notice the word "appropriate'. Too many people think that police officers are robots in that they can kill without remorse and suffer no psychological problems afterwards. That is pure BS, a little research will show that officers and civilians that have had to kill someone develop severe cases of PTSD from the trauma of the incident. Soldiers are not "trained to kill remorselessly" and they suffer emotional effects from the killing in warfare. Only sociopathic individual kills without remorse and the vast majority of police and soldiers are not in that category. No one gets up in the morning and says "I'm going to kill someone today".
From what I've heard on this incident the police officers were not equipped with tasers or any other non-lethal equipment. Lets put the blame where it belongs, the mayor and city council. These are the people who have oversight on police departments and who control the budget and who should be insisting on equipping the police adequately for all situations. Do you see a cabinet maker using a chainsaw or a surgeon using a hacksaw? When the city only equips the police with lethal weapons why do they not think there be avoidable deaths.
Robotic cops are a long way down the road and in the realm of science fiction at this time.
Old 10-28-2020, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
I like the idea of a tranquilizer dart, officers should be equipped with tasers also. I'm all for any alternative to a firearm in the appropriate situation. Notice the word "appropriate'. Too many people think that police officers are robots in that they can kill without remorse and suffer no psychological problems afterwards. That is pure BS, a little research will show that officers and civilians that have had to kill someone develop severe cases of PTSD from the trauma of the incident. Soldiers are not "trained to kill remorselessly" and they suffer emotional effects from the killing in warfare. Only sociopathic individual kills without remorse and the vast majority of police and soldiers are not in that category. No one gets up in the morning and says "I'm going to kill someone today".
From what I've heard on this incident the police officers were not equipped with tasers or any other non-lethal equipment. Lets put the blame where it belongs, the mayor and city council. These are the people who have oversight on police departments and who control the budget and who should be insisting on equipping the police adequately for all situations. Do you see a cabinet maker using a chainsaw or a surgeon using a hacksaw? When the city only equips the police with lethal weapons why do they not think there be avoidable deaths.
Robotic cops are a long way down the road and in the realm of science fiction at this time.
Thanks, that was a very informative post!
Old 10-28-2020, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndtime View Post
Perhaps some like-minded citizens could form a volunteer group in each metropolitan area. When a "disturbed" person, or one high on street drugs is wielding a knife, threatening others, an unarmed member of the volunteer group could be immediately summoned to the scene to replace the police officers on duty. This volunteer could certainly "reason" with him, convincing him to surrender his weapon, therefore eliminating the potential for unjustified police violence. Any takers?
LOL! This was clearly intended as sarcasm...was I too subtle?
Old 10-28-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72lions View Post
Of course this is not accurate. The bi-polar nan had a kitchen knife for God sake. Another unnecessary killing.
Have u ever been stabbed with any type of knife for doing your job?
Old 10-29-2020, 04:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribellitt View Post
But could you at least just aim for a leg? Maybe you're not a sure shot but these police officers are supposed to be trained professionals.

they could still bleed out if shot in the leg....maybe police training should include a trip to Hollywood to be trained to shoot the weapon out of their attacker's hand like the sheriffs in the old wild west movies do

Old 10-29-2020, 05:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
Just wondering do we have a Militia Organization in The Villages, would we need one?
it's easier to ask 'who isn't carrying.' darn near everyone is already armed & self-protected, no fear here
Old 10-29-2020, 05:44 AM
Veteran member

I have been stabbed with a knife. Fortunately, the guy with the knife didn’t know what he was doing as I am still alive. It could have just as easily gone the other direction.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:16 AM

Proud Boys and white supremacists are going to these protests and taking advantage of these situations. Check the news for who is actually being charged with the crimes of which you speak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
Don’t know which is worse Anttfi or BLM both espouse violence, looting and discord. They are well organized and well funded and armed. No law enforcement officer is safe until these organizations are brought under control
Old 10-29-2020, 06:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Current news: Three people in France killed in a knife attack by a terrorist.

Tags
burning, live, destroying, stealing, looting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.