Nearly two dozen nursing home residents in Norway die within days of getting vaccine

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2021, 07:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpk111 View Post
Having read all of Moderna's and Pfizers data I could find, my rule of thumb is this:
- After the first shot, there is very little protection against contracting COVID19 during the first two weeks.
- Protection increases from zero to 50 - 90 % (depending on sources and statistics) during weeks 2 to 4.
- Protection goes to 95% by the end of week 6 assuming you get a booster shot at week 4
-- Positive effect on severity (including death) starts immediately after the first shot and goes to virtually 100% at the end of week 4 or so.
- Continuing effectiveness after 6 weeks unknown. Most claim 12 months minimum.

I wish there were a single source to summarize this for each vaccine. Instead, I sourced this from articles too laborious to list. Sorry.

I have dealt with data analysis and synthesis most of my (non-medical) career, but I find that many people have their own (strong) opinions about this anyway, so I'm just putting this out there. Hope someone finds it helpful.
Thank you for the compilation of data. I had no idea the Moderna vaccine efficacy can reach as much as 90% after the first shot. That's comforting.
Old 01-17-2021, 07:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
In the US the CDC is following up on all people who got the shot to see how they react so we will learn more as time passes. It is a voluntary sign up and you get the info when you get the shot. V Save. V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker | CDC
I got no such info when I got my shot.
Old 01-18-2021, 12:58 AM
Default 100,000 units of Vitamin D

Are you an MD? Should be telling people to take Vitamin D at a toxic level.
Old 01-18-2021, 06:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
So there have been over 7000 adverse reactions to the vaccine and 66 deaths from it in the UK. Tell me again why anyone would take this vaccine when there are simple treatments available like Hydroxochloroquine, Vitamin C, Arethromyacin and Zinc without any dangerous or life threatening side effects?
Because the vaccines are 95% effective and the snake oil you just mentioned is useless?
Old 01-18-2021, 06:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donvan View Post
Add 5000 mg vitamin d . Increase to 100,000 for 5 days if you get it . Been there. # of deaths reported are way over reality. You die in a car crash but tested positive for COVID . Cause of death is COVID. Ridiculous
More snake oil
Old 01-18-2021, 06:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
The source I am citing here is the BMJ. The BMJ is among the most respected medical journals in the world, along with NEJM, The Lancet, JAMA, and the Annals of Internal Medicine.

The BMJ is open to peer review which means the work is subjected to the scrutiny of other experts in the field to check its validity and evaluate its suitability for publication. (The article I am linking was published on January 15, 2021.)

While this BMJ article acknowledges the findings, it states, "Norwegian authorities have prioritised the immunisation of residents in nursing homes, most of whom are very elderly with underlying conditions and some of whom are terminally ill."

The Norwegian Medical Agency (NoMA) is quoted in the article saying that common adverse reactions of mRNA vaccines, such as fever, nausea, and diarrhoea, may have contributed to fatal outcomes in some of the frail patients.

(And, yes, I was using my British spelling above because my source is British.)

The BMJ article goes on to clarify what has happened and is happening. I hope you will read this article from the BMJ which is not very long and brings things into perspective.

Covid-19: Norway investigates 23 deaths in frail elderly patients after vaccination | The BMJ

Boomer

PS: Sadly. . .actually, not just sadly but tragically, you are going to hear things from those who truly wish to see failure of the new dedication to prioritize getting the vaccine really rolling. You will hear things with the agenda of undermining common sense.

Addendum: Please always consider your sources of information -- and when passing the information along, please cite the source. Additionally, it is too often necessary to back-source any source to determine its legitimacy and/or its agenda.

Marian Boomer
One of your best posts---couldn't agree more with your list of reliable journals. Many of the amateur doctors on this site give links to the South Dakota Journal of Holistic Medicine, or the Outer Mongolian Journal of Medicine and Fishing, or the National Inquirer.
Old 01-18-2021, 06:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post

Regarding the article itself: correlation does not equal causation. If you do a search you can find some actual scientific journals that have this situation covered. Supposedly it can take up to three months to find out why those people died. 13 of them have already been investigated and they don't believe the vaccine was, itself, the cause of death. These were sick people in end-of-life care. It's thought that the typical, common, mundane side effects of the vaccine (general malaise, coughing, a low fever) might have tipped these people from "dead within the next month" to "dead within the next day."
Excellent post!!!
So many people are subscribing to faulty cause and effect conclusions----
Post hoc ergo propter hoc--(after this, therefore because of this)
Old 01-18-2021, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
I received my COVID immunization last week, NO ONE asked if I want to be contacted by CDC or anyone else for that matter, to see how I am and any side effects. Where are you getting your “information” from?
If you look at the VIS [vaccine information sheet] that you were given when you got the shot, the information about the totally voluntary CDC program is included.

Quote:
You may also be given an option to enroll in v-safe. V-safe is a new voluntary smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to check in with people who have been vaccinated to identify potential side effects after COVID-19 vaccination. V-safe asks questions that help CDC monitor the safety of COVID-19 vaccines. V-safe also provides second-dose reminders if needed and live telephone follow-up by CDC if participants report a significant health impact following COVID-19 vaccination. For more information on how to sign up, visit:
V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker | CDC
Old 01-18-2021, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

In a typical week there are about 400 deaths in nursing homes in Norway. Not a Covid week, but a typical week.

Quote:
More than 20 000 doses of the vaccine have been administered over the past few weeks in Norway and around
400 deaths normally occur among care home residents every week.
I don't know how many nursing home residents received a vaccine in the several days before their deaths, but the important question is Did vaccination lead to an increase in deaths? Several years ago there was a huge misinformation machine pushing that infant immunizations, especially DPT, caused SIDS, sudden infant death. This misunderstanding of data was pushed by a parent group named "Dissatisfied Parents Together" [see the DPT in their name?]

Sadly SIDS is a real disease where seemingly healthy infants die in their sleep with an age range up to 6 months. As almost all infants get three DPT shots in their first six months, of course some die the day before they are scheduled for their shots, some die the day of their shot, some the next day. You will NEVER convince the parent whose infant died after getting a shot that the shot was not a cause. But the data is that SIDS death rates are no different before versus after a shot. Infants die of SIDS. Old people die of old age related illness. Until you have data showing that the death rate increased after the shots, you have nothing. The BMJ article did not include any analysis of this important data. Show me the death rate of residents of nursing homes in the 14 days before the shot vs 14 days following.
Old 01-18-2021, 12:22 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Untruth, Fake news, not so!!!!

This type fear posting is dangerous.
Did 23 People In Norway Die After Receiving COVID Vaccine?
Old 01-18-2021, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
One of your best posts---couldn't agree more with your list of reliable journals. Many of the amateur doctors on this site give links to the South Dakota Journal of Holistic Medicine, or the Outer Mongolian Journal of Medicine and Fishing, or the National Inquirer.
My best friend got his medical degree from Botchaluke University and Fly Fishing and is an expert in his field.
Old 01-18-2021, 02:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
If you look at the VIS [vaccine information sheet] that you were given when you got the shot, the information about the totally voluntary CDC program is included.
Was I supposed to receive a Vaccine Information Sheet? I did not. All I got was a card with my appointment for my second shot and the name and Lot # of the Moderna vaccine.

Tags
vaccine, norwegian, agency, health, deaths

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.