Nearly two dozen nursing home residents in Norway die within days of getting vaccine

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2021, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Bit of bad news, and the anti vaccers suddenly come out in force!
Welcome back. We missed you!!
Old 01-17-2021, 08:25 AM

And the National and International News missed this. Wow, your good.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
Because there have been roughly 400,000 deaths in the US from covid compare that to 66 deaths worldwide from the virus vaccine.
Interesting no one says they were about to die when people in nursing homes here died. When someone 104 is said to have died of covid, I have a hard time believing all of these statistics. I know people who had a test scheduled, didn't go & got a phone call, followed by a letter confirming they were positive. Also, tests done on a goat, a pawpaw, a kiwi & coke were positive. No one is dying of the flu, car accidents, heart attacks. Let's fun the numbers up & scare people. Why are healthy people supposed to wear masks? Make no sense.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:00 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,202 Times in 464 Posts

So glad that no one is dying of the regular flu this year. I guess hospitals do not get money for those deaths. Anyone who believe the numbers given out must be listening to the major news networks.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:03 AM

Dont' Panic on this news - these patients were extremely close to death when given the vaccine - very frail and at the end of life. It was silly to give them the vaccine in the first place.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:12 AM
Veteran member
Default Common Side Effects

https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/articles/side-effects-and-covid-19-vaccines-what-to-expect.html

Can side effects be more pronounced in people who are at higher risk of severe COVID-19 disease—i.e., people who are older, have comorbidities, etc.?

No—in fact, vaccine side effects have been less frequent and severe in adults older than 55 years in the vaccine trials.

Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine | FDA

The most commonly reported side effects, which typically lasted several days, were pain at the injection site, tiredness, headache, muscle pain, chills, joint pain, and fever. Of note, more people experienced these side effects after the second dose than after the first dose, so it is important for vaccination providers and recipients to expect that there may be some side effects after either dose, but even more so after the second dose.

Might not be accurate but I heard second hand that if you had covid before the side effects may be worse. Maybe something to ask your doctor about if it applies to you.

Last edited by ithos; 01-17-2021 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:52 AM

I believe most of the people that have passed having COVID, really passed as a result of underlying conditions in the majority of cases. COVID simply aided in pushing the envelope of their problem(s) resulting in their deaths. That is to say, if someone has a heart condition or COPD, or anemia, or cancer, or some other serious condition(S) COVAD just makes it more difficult to survive the underlying issue. So, what did the individual really die of? COVID or the long term issue?
Old 01-17-2021, 09:59 AM

If there were a "cure" we would not have 400,000 deaths in the US.
Old 01-17-2021, 10:10 AM

Add 5000 mg vitamin d . Increase to 100,000 for 5 days if you get it . Been there. # of deaths reported are way over reality. You die in a car crash but tested positive for COVID . Cause of death is COVID. Ridiculous
Old 01-17-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonblue View Post
Nearly two dozen nursing home residents in Norway died within days of receiving their first stick with the COVID-19 vaccine, triggering a warning from health officials for sick patients over the age of 80 years old. The Norwegian Medicines Agency in a press release on Friday revealed 23 patients died shortly after being stuck with the Pfizer/BioNTech shot for coronavirus. Of those deaths, 13 have been autopsied, with results suggesting that common side effects from the vaccine likely caused the high death toll.

Sigurd Hortemo, chief physician at the Norwegian Medicines Agency, said that typical reactions to the vaccine — like fever and nausea — “may have contributed to the fatal outcome in some frail patients.” Pfizer and BioNTech are working with the Norwegian regulator to investigate the deaths. Norway’s health officials in wake of the deaths have warned the shot may be too risky for those who are suffering from severe underlying conditions and are over the age of 80.

“For those with the most severe frailty, even relatively mild vaccine side effects can have serious consequences,” the Norwegian Institute of Public Health said, according to Bloomberg. “For those who have a very short remaining life span anyway, the benefit of the vaccine may be marginal or irrelevant.” The agency emphasized the recommendation does not mean younger, healthier people should avoid being vaccinated.
Having read all of Moderna's and Pfizers data I could find, my rule of thumb is this:
- After the first shot, there is very little protection against contracting COVID19 during the first two weeks.
- Protection increases from zero to 50 - 90 % (depending on sources and statistics) during weeks 2 to 4.
- Protection goes to 95% by the end of week 6 assuming you get a booster shot at week 4
-- Positive effect on severity (including death) starts immediately after the first shot and goes to virtually 100% at the end of week 4 or so.
- Continuing effectiveness after 6 weeks unknown. Most claim 12 months minimum.

I wish there were a single source to summarize this for each vaccine. Instead, I sourced this from articles too laborious to list. Sorry.

I have dealt with data analysis and synthesis most of my (non-medical) career, but I find that many people have their own (strong) opinions about this anyway, so I'm just putting this out there. Hope someone finds it helpful.

Last edited by gpk111; 01-17-2021 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-17-2021, 11:01 AM

Source please.
Old 01-17-2021, 11:12 AM

Valid reports wordwide of severe reactions and deaths for anyone who follows this closely. Are you trusting of results after the second shot? a year from now? longer? Cold day in hell.........
Old 01-17-2021, 11:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member

In the US the CDC is following up on all people who got the shot to see how they react so we will learn more as time passes. It is a voluntary sign up and you get the info when you get the shot. V Save. V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker | CDC
Old 01-17-2021, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
So there have been over 7000 adverse reactions to the vaccine and 66 deaths from it in the UK. Tell me again why anyone would take this vaccine when there are simple treatments available like Hydroxochloroquine, Vitamin C, Arethromyacin and Zinc without any dangerous or life threatening side effects?
Because none of those "simple" treatments work.
Old 01-17-2021, 11:35 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Before you panic. . .

The source I am citing here is the BMJ. The BMJ is among the most respected medical journals in the world, along with NEJM, The Lancet, JAMA, and the Annals of Internal Medicine.

The BMJ is open to peer review which means the work is subjected to the scrutiny of other experts in the field to check its validity and evaluate its suitability for publication. (The article I am linking was published on January 15, 2021.)

While this BMJ article acknowledges the findings, it states, "Norwegian authorities have prioritised the immunisation of residents in nursing homes, most of whom are very elderly with underlying conditions and some of whom are terminally ill."

The Norwegian Medical Agency (NoMA) is quoted in the article saying that common adverse reactions of mRNA vaccines, such as fever, nausea, and diarrhoea, may have contributed to fatal outcomes in some of the frail patients.

(And, yes, I was using my British spelling above because my source is British.)

The BMJ article goes on to clarify what has happened and is happening. I hope you will read this article from the BMJ which is not very long and brings things into perspective.

Covid-19: Norway investigates 23 deaths in frail elderly patients after vaccination | The BMJ

Boomer

PS: Sadly. . .actually, not just sadly but tragically, you are going to hear things from those who truly wish to see failure of the new dedication to prioritize getting the vaccine really rolling. You will hear things with the agenda of undermining common sense.

Addendum: Please always consider your sources of information -- and when passing the information along, please cite the source. Additionally, it is too often necessary to back-source any source to determine its legitimacy and/or its agenda.

Marian Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 01-17-2021 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Typo
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccine, norwegian, agency, health, deaths

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.