Nearly two dozen nursing home residents in Norway die within days of getting vaccine

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2021, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donvan View Post
Add 5000 mg vitamin d . Increase to 100,000 for 5 days if you get it . Been there. # of deaths reported are way over reality. You die in a car crash but tested positive for COVID . Cause of death is COVID. Ridiculous
CONSULT A PHYSICIAN BEFORE FOLLOWING ANY MEDICAL ADVICE ON THIS WEBSITE.

The amount suggested, 100,000mg, is about 1 million times the possibly unsafe amount of vitamin D. A doctor *MIGHT* prescribe that much but let that guidance come from your doctor!

See this page for more information on safe and unsafe dosing.

The math:
1mg = 1000mcg
1mcg = 40 IU
4,000 IU /day = possibly unsafe level

100,000mg = 100,000,000mcg = 4,000,000,000 IU = 4,000 IU * 1,000,000

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 01-17-2021 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-17-2021, 12:02 PM

Doctor'''s Death After Getting the Covid-19 Vaccine Is Investigated - The New York Times
Old 01-17-2021, 12:14 PM

And over 2,000,000 deaths from covid 19 worlwide.
Old 01-17-2021, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
So glad that no one is dying of the regular flu this year. I guess hospitals do not get money for those deaths. Anyone who believe the numbers given out must be listening to the major news networks.
Probably all the Covid precautions also work at keeping the flu and colds away. We have a few flu events in the family per year but nothing at all this year. I mean nothing. Never remember being healthier... probably just too scared of catching Covid.
Old 01-17-2021, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
CONSULT A PHYSICIAN BEFORE FOLLOWING ANY MEDICAL ADVICE ON THIS WEBSITE.

The amount suggested, 100,000mg, is about 1 million times the possibly unsafe amount of vitamin D. A doctor *MIGHT* prescribe that much but let that guidance come from your doctor!

See this page for more information on safe and unsafe dosing.

The math:
1mg = 1000mcg
1mcg = 40 IU
4,000 IU /day = possibly unsafe level

100,000mg = 100,000,000mcg = 4,000,000,000 IU = 4,000 IU * 1,000,000
4000IU is NOT an unsafe level. Doctors will prescribe higher if deficient. Seniors do not process vit D via sunlight as well as younger folks so many if not the majority of seniors need to supplement vit D.

"According to the Institute of Medicine, 4000 IU is the safe upper level of daily vitamin D intake. However, doses up to 10,000 IU have not been shown to cause toxicity in healthy individuals"
Old 01-17-2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
In the US the CDC is following up on all people who got the shot to see how they react so we will learn more as time passes. It is a voluntary sign up and you get the info when you get the shot. V Save. V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker | CDC
I received my COVID immunization last week, NO ONE asked if I want to be contacted by CDC or anyone else for that matter, to see how I am and any side effects. Where are you getting your “information” from?
Old 01-17-2021, 02:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,358 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
So there have been over 7000 adverse reactions to the vaccine and 66 deaths from it in the UK. Tell me again why anyone would take this vaccine when there are simple treatments available like Hydroxochloroquine, Vitamin C, Arethromyacin and Zinc without any dangerous or life threatening side effects?
Still waiting for the source of your claim of all the deaths and adverse reactions in UK!
Old 01-17-2021, 02:30 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,757 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Fishers View Post
Norway has socialized medicine
Yes, they do. But trying to understand how that is connected to the major drug manufactures like Moderna, Pfizer, J&J, etc. and side effects ? Perhaps it's just a side comment on the subject. Traveled some in France, Canada, been to Norway, Sweden, and Finland; as I understood from locals they all have "socialized" medicine (the term is thrown around a lot but is very different in different countries, perhaps some here in the V's on this board are from Scandinavian countries and could shed more light than I on how the system would be linked to drug manufacturing or testing or side effects. I do think (unintended) side effects are to be expected.... some will probably be tragic (anyone old enough to remember the initial relief, and then the tragedies, associated with the polio vaccine ? I remember my parents, both of whom had excellent and extensive educations so were in a good position to gather information and make decisions, yet they agonized for months about giving permission for the school to give me the ("sugar cube") dose ! So far, Norway is the only country to release such incidents as these, as we go on there will almost surely be others... the long march forward always has setbacks !
Old 01-17-2021, 02:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohawksin View Post
>> 400,000 deaths in the US from covid<<

or is it 400,000 deaths in the US with covid symptoms?

If someone dies of a heart attack and had a common cold, do we say the cold caused it?
and, 66 deaths after being vaccinated, who died as a direct result of the vaccine? Or who would have died anyway, and the vaccine just gave them a couple more symptoms to tip them over the edge a few days sooner?

During the trial period, 2 people died. One had a heart attack 2 months after being vaccinated (in other words - he would've had that heart attack anyway, the vaccine wasn't close enough to date to have any effect on it at all). The other died of complications from artheriosclerosis - which would have had to be killing them before they were ever vaccinated.

Regarding the article itself: correlation does not equal causation. If you do a search you can find some actual scientific journals that have this situation covered. Supposedly it can take up to three months to find out why those people died. 13 of them have already been investigated and they don't believe the vaccine was, itself, the cause of death. These were sick people in end-of-life care. It's thought that the typical, common, mundane side effects of the vaccine (general malaise, coughing, a low fever) might have tipped these people from "dead within the next month" to "dead within the next day."

Meanwhile, since the OP chose to disobey copyright law - the source of the OP's post is this:

23 nursing home residents in Norway die after COVID vaccine - New York Daily News

The OP didn't write any of that post, it's a direct copy and paste of someone else's work.

Last edited by OrangeBlossomBaby; 01-17-2021 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-17-2021, 02:42 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,757 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Still waiting for the source of your claim of all the deaths and adverse reactions in UK!
Don't disagree with you at all, but I think it might be because of the scarcity of the treatments you mentioned, coupled with the reluctance of doctors to prescribe them, again possibly because so few doctors have knowledge of them or experience prescribing them, etc. It seems risky right now even counting on common people having access to those (yes, I realize high profile individuals, athletes, entertainers, politicians and wealthy people have access because they are able to travel to medical centers and locations with such treatments and experienced doctors in the field of treatment). No knowledge, but my guess would be we do not have that at the Villages hospitals. Perhaps those in the medical field who actually work there will be able to give us more information on what is actually on hand and available for treatment here ? I have not heard directly from anyone who has had the virus here what treatments they were given.
Old 01-17-2021, 03:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonblue View Post
Nearly two dozen nursing home residents in Norway died within days of receiving their first stick with the COVID-19 vaccine, triggering a warning from health officials for sick patients over the age of 80 years old. The Norwegian Medicines Agency in a press release on Friday revealed 23 patients died shortly after being stuck with the Pfizer/BioNTech shot for coronavirus. Of those deaths, 13 have been autopsied, with results suggesting that common side effects from the vaccine likely caused the high death toll.

Sigurd Hortemo, chief physician at the Norwegian Medicines Agency, said that typical reactions to the vaccine — like fever and nausea — “may have contributed to the fatal outcome in some frail patients.” Pfizer and BioNTech are working with the Norwegian regulator to investigate the deaths. Norway’s health officials in wake of the deaths have warned the shot may be too risky for those who are suffering from severe underlying conditions and are over the age of 80.

“For those with the most severe frailty, even relatively mild vaccine side effects can have serious consequences,” the Norwegian Institute of Public Health said, according to Bloomberg. “For those who have a very short remaining life span anyway, the benefit of the vaccine may be marginal or irrelevant.” The agency emphasized the recommendation does not mean younger, healthier people should avoid being vaccinated.
Thanks for in depth information. Sadly panic is a common reaction. Like the old game of telephone each time a story is told it changes. I heard of the deaths in Norway. I did not know which vaccine it was or age of the patients.

So much of the information we have on many things is spun or invalid. Even the number of cases. We have yet to do a valid random test. People who have covid but die from a heart attack are recorded as dying from covid.

What we are told is a vaccine shortage, unplanned, improperly planned, administrated etc
I wonder if the real reason is to properly investigate what happened in Norway.
Old 01-17-2021, 04:25 PM

I agree with jbrown132. If people are scared now of the vaccine- do they know of a better way to stop the spread of this virus?
Old 01-17-2021, 04:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriS View Post
Interesting no one says they were about to die when people in nursing homes here died. When someone 104 is said to have died of covid, I have a hard time believing all of these statistics. I know people who had a test scheduled, didn't go & got a phone call, followed by a letter confirming they were positive. Also, tests done on a goat, a pawpaw, a kiwi & coke were positive. No one is dying of the flu, car accidents, heart attacks. Let's fun the numbers up & scare people. Why are healthy people supposed to wear masks? Make no sense.
Have you not heard that healthy people could be either asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic for Covid? That means those very healthy people have no clue they are infected and can transmit the virus to others. Those others just may die. That's why.
Old 01-17-2021, 05:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,358 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Don't disagree with you at all, but I think it might be because of the scarcity of the treatments you mentioned, coupled with the reluctance of doctors to prescribe them, again possibly because so few doctors have knowledge of them or experience prescribing them, etc. It seems risky right now even counting on common people having access to those (yes, I realize high profile individuals, athletes, entertainers, politicians and wealthy people have access because they are able to travel to medical centers and locations with such treatments and experienced doctors in the field of treatment). No knowledge, but my guess would be we do not have that at the Villages hospitals. Perhaps those in the medical field who actually work there will be able to give us more information on what is actually on hand and available for treatment here ? I have not heard directly from anyone who has had the virus here what treatments they were given.
You are confused.
I have written nothing about any treatment.
I am asking about the source of the claim of deaths and reactions in UK. from the vaccine.
I live in UK. and have read nothing in any of our new sources, and you can be assured if those numbers had any substance, it would be all over our news like a rash!
Old 01-17-2021, 05:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
So glad that no one is dying of the regular flu this year. I guess hospitals do not get money for those deaths. Anyone who believe the numbers given out must be listening to the major news networks.
So, don't listen to the numbers if you don't want to. I don't. Do you see how our healthcare system is being stressed? Rather than listening to the skewed numbers and stats, what I do make note of is the fact that EMTs can not unload their patients for up to 8 hours or more because there is "no room at the inn". EMTs are having to make life and death decisions as to who they transport to hospitals. If the patient looks like they won't make it, they do not transport. Have you seen those mobile morgues outside of hospitals that are refrigerated trucks to hold the bodies because the morgues have no room?

OPEN YOUR EYES and see what is going on in our country. I can not believe this is our United States. It is more like a third world country and that is scary as hell. Luckily, here in The Villages, we are not seeing those horrific circumstances. We are mostly seniors who do follow guidelines and have kept our community hospitals from becoming overwhelmed. Not so in other parts of our country. Sad but true.

Tags
vaccine, norwegian, agency, health, deaths

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.