New CDC studies show waning vaccine effectiveness

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2021, 11:59 AM
Default New CDC studies show waning vaccine effectiveness

Between April 4 and June 19, before Delta’s rise, fully vaccinated people accounted for 5 percent of cases, 7 percent of hospitalizations and 8 percent of deaths. Those figures roughly doubled between June 20 to July 17 as the variant spread. Fully vaccinated individuals accounted for 18 percent of cases, 14 percent of hospitalizations and 16 percent of deaths.

New CDC studies show waning vaccine effectiveness against hospitalization in elderly

So cases doubled in a month, as delta began its surge

screenshot-2021-09-11-124804-jpg

So two months ago CDC reported fully vaccinated individuals accounted for 18 percent of cases, 14 percent of hospitalizations and 16 percent of deaths

Take a look at the graph and estimate the percentages of breakthough cases, hospitalizations, and deaths in fully vaccinated people as delta surged from July 17 until present.

Vaccine passports anyone?
Old 09-11-2021, 06:45 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

What vaccine? When taken?, etc.

It is now known that both the Pfizer and J&J shots lose more efficacy after 6-8 months than Moderna ( down to 50-60% effective versus 70-80%). The question is why? Genetics?, How the vaccine itself was created? Many questions remain.

BUT, remember that the flu shot you get every year is at best only 60-65% effective against you getting flu from the get go. And regardless of the drop in efficacy for the Covid shots, the CDC and other medical experts concur that your odds of getting severe covid are minimal and your risk of dying is negligible . Ignore the fear mongering and live your life.
Old 09-11-2021, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,012 Times in 1,739 Posts

Vaccine passports could indicate date of expiration and date of renewal when boosters show full vaccination status as now in Israel. But that’s not really what you are asking?

And …

‘The vaccines were 87 percent effective overall at preventing hospitalization, protection that remained relatively consistent before and after Delta became the country’s dominant variant, the study shows. But that figure masks notable differences between age groups. The shots were only 80 percent effective at keeping adults over 65 from being hospitalized with Covid, while they were 95 percent effective for people between ages 18 and 64.’

is probably explained by the fact that the older people got vaccinated first and therefore their vaccines are older and had more time to wane.

Last edited by Velvet; 09-11-2021 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-11-2021, 07:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkBlogW View Post
Between April 4 and June 19, before Delta’s rise, fully vaccinated people accounted for 5 percent of cases, 7 percent of hospitalizations and 8 percent of deaths. Those figures roughly doubled between June 20 to July 17 as the variant spread. Fully vaccinated individuals accounted for 18 percent of cases, 14 percent of hospitalizations and 16 percent of deaths.

New CDC studies show waning vaccine effectiveness against hospitalization in elderly

Attachment 90761

So two months ago CDC reported fully vaccinated individuals accounted for 18 percent of cases, 14 percent of hospitalizations and 16 percent of deaths

Take a look at the graph and estimate the percentages of breakthough cases, hospitalizations, and deaths in fully vaccinated people as delta surged from July 17 until present.

I can find no evidence that people who are fully vaccinated account for 14 percent of hospitalization.

The Delta Variant is FAR more contagious and there have been many break through cases that I am aware of personally, but only one who was hospitalized: Dr. Boogie on this forum.
Old 09-11-2021, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkBlogW View Post

Attachment 90761

That graph doesn't say anything about fully vaccinated/breakthrough cases or at least I didn't see anything.
Old 09-12-2021, 03:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Wife and I had our second Pfizer jab in early January.
I still prefer my 'waning' protection to none at all.
Booster is on horizon.
Carry on, regardless!
Old 09-12-2021, 05:08 AM

This tells you everything you need to know.

Clay Clark-The Medical Coverup Is Being Exposed,Class Action Lawsuits Is Not Just A Catch-Phrase
Old 09-12-2021, 05:25 AM

Massachusetts coronavirus breakthrough cases jump 4,415 last week, more than 600 fully vaccinated people a day
Old 09-12-2021, 05:32 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

At least there is good news (per the link).

"Breakthrough hospitalizations account for about 25% of current COVID-19 hospitalizations. Those who are unvaccinated are at a much higher risk for a severe case and hospitalization."

Looking forward to the booster, as it should be easy to find me to give it - since they put the tracker in the first one. LOL
Old 09-12-2021, 05:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenD View Post
Yep, it does. Started as a commercial, transitioned into an informercial, then provided incorrect or misleading information about testing - didn't take three minutes to see all I needed to see.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 09-12-2021 at 05:57 AM.
Old 09-12-2021, 05:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenD View Post
Far right website. No thanks.

MSM is my preferred news source and to obtain my information from. It is "main stream", not extreme.

Last edited by coffeebean; 09-12-2021 at 05:48 AM.
Old 09-12-2021, 05:48 AM

In May, The CDC stopped counting Breakthroughs. Why Did the CDC Stop Counting Mild and Asymptomatic 'Breakthrough' COVID Cases?
Old 09-12-2021, 05:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeInTV View Post
Asymptomatic breakthrough cases go uncounted all the time, just as asymptomatic cases of the un-vaccinated go uncounted. There is no need to get tested if you are not having symptoms unless you need to test for travel or employment or whatever other reason there may be.

So......why bother to count those breakthrough cases at all? The purpose of our vaccines was always to minimize the symptoms of Covid and prevent death. I do understand the reason for the CDC to stop counting breakthrough cases unless those cases result in hospitalization and death. Those are the cases the vaccine failed to do what it was supposed to do. Those are the cases that need to be counted.

All my opinion.
Old 09-12-2021, 06:22 AM

Report from the Cleveland Clinic:

People who have previously been infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 are protected against being infected again and thus don’t need to be vaccinated, according to a new study.

“Our conclusion is that if you were previously infected, you are protected because of the previous infection and you don’t need the vaccine,” Dr. Nabin Shrestha, of the Cleveland Clinic’s Department of Infectious Disease, told The Epoch Times.

Shrestha and colleagues at the clinic studied data on employees, separating them into four groups: previously infected and unvaccinated, previously infected and vaccinated, not previously infected and unvaccinated, and not previously infected and vaccinated.

They found the vaccines were strongly effective in preventing infection from the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus, which causes COVID-19, but that previous infection also bestowed a natural immunity.

“Among the people who were previously infected, whether they took the vaccine or not, there really were no COVID cases,” Shrestha said.

Of the 52,238 employees studied, 2,579 were previously infected. About half of those remained unvaccinated. Of the 49,659 employees who did not have a previous infection, 41 percent did not get a vaccine.
Old 09-12-2021, 06:25 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

I am glad, or not glad, as the case may be, to hear that everybody during the pandemic died of covid, not the flu, not heart disease, not cancer. All these numbers are cooked. If you really want to know, you make the effort to know everything you can, especially with vaccines that have not gone through the usual prerequisite screening process. The cdc stopped counting a great deal. After all, you may find out that your politically motivated convictions are wrong, oh my!
Closed Thread

Tags
percent, cases, deaths, vaccinated, fully

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.