New CDC studies show waning vaccine effectiveness

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2021, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

~~~

Last edited by coffeebean; 09-19-2021 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09-19-2021, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Why do the anti-vaccers feel SO compelled to SELL their ANTI (as in ANTIQUATED) philosophy like it is a RELIGIOUS CALLING? Do they make money by PREACHING their nonsense? I could understand an OCCASIONAL suggestion for others to NOT take a vaccine or a booster - BUT, BUT this CONSTANT DRUMBEAT of chaos-causing misinformation has become LUDICRIOUS and ANNOYING! And the constant ATTEMPTS at defending the indefensible seems childishly immature (like a Butthead and Beavis clown show). Attempts like false logic and bogus links!
The jury is NOT out on CV vaccines any longer - they work! - end of story!
Over 60% of Americans have taken the vaccine and they prove that it works - end of story!
99% of the people that have DIED of CV were the UNvaccinated - end of story!
The UNvaccinated in hospitals BEG Doctors for the vaccine - too late - end of story!
The UNvaccinated are responsible to a large extent for the emergence of the DELTA variant - end of story!

I wonder if these preachers of the gospel of ANTI-vaccines are people with DEATH WISHES for themselves and humanity. I have NEVER thought of a LOGICAL motivation for their actions. I guess I don't understand STRANGE cultish zombie-thinking. .......last end of story!
"Constant Drumbeat."...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-19-2021, 12:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Maybe they are tired of being ostracized by folks like you that accuse them of being "selfish and UN-patriotic." Just a theory.
Most of them are NOT "anti-vaccines" but just anti-vaccine mandate and anti-mask mandate. Some of us have been vaccinated, yet feel that masks are a feeble and inadequate placebo. Some of us respect other folks wishes to abstain from vaccination until they know more about the "new" vaccine. Some of us have lived through other epidemics and have learned not to panic and run amok yelling "the sky is falling" and then demand that everyone else believe their prediction. Some of us understand that no amount of vaccines and medications will prevent the definite and inevitable death that comes to all of us.
But, that is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions, right?
I agree with the content of this post...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-19-2021, 12:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Why do the anti-vaccers feel SO compelled to SELL their ANTI (as in ANTIQUATED) philosophy like it is a RELIGIOUS CALLING? Do they make money by PREACHING their nonsense? I could understand an OCCASIONAL suggestion for others to NOT take a vaccine or a booster - BUT, BUT this CONSTANT DRUMBEAT of chaos-causing misinformation has become LUDICRIOUS and ANNOYING! And the constant ATTEMPTS at defending the indefensible seems childishly immature (like a Butthead and Beavis clown show). Attempts like false logic and bogus links!
Over 60% of Americans have taken the vaccine and they prove that it works - end of story!
The UNvaccinated in hospitals BEG Doctors for the vaccine - too late - end of story!
The UNvaccinated are responsible to a large extent for the emergence of the DELTA variant - end of story!

I wonder if these preachers of the gospel of ANTI-vaccines are people with DEATH WISHES for themselves and humanity. I have NEVER thought of a LOGICAL motivation for their actions. I guess I don't understand STRANGE cultish zombie-thinking. .......last end of story!
I disagree with the content of this post...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-19-2021, 01:14 PM

Quote:

I am not anti-vax

Just because many people exhibit risky behavior by taking a shot of unknown consequences and believe they are at the top of the food chain because of it......those that disagree does not make them ILLLOGICAL, rather the Logical. Too many years left to take that kind of leap of faith in our Government or ever changing health care system.
Old 09-19-2021, 01:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:
The White House was prepared to push booster on everyone, but the FDA put a stop to that idea. They said there was NO benefit as far as they could tell of anyone under the age of 65 getting the booster.
Things are NEVER quite as black and white as they MAY appear. US Medical Doctors and experts say that the jury is STILL out (like lots of CV issues) on whether or WHEN to make available vaccines to the under 65 groups. Stay tuned about that! They are working on approval for the under age 6 group as we write. The CDC, FDA, the US Government in total, and University researchers. The total Government has a LOT on its PLATE currently. Also, naysayers, like, "how terrible DR. Fauci is" - don't help either!
The ANTI-vaxxers that have mostly caused the DELTA variant to become systemic US-wide are to be blamed! NOT changing advice from the FDA and the CDC, which has ONLY changed to ADJUST to changing CV conditions. That's what INTELLIGENT human beings do - they adjust to changing conditions. That is a 1st PRINCIPLE of WAR taught at our MILITARY ACADEMIES.
DR. Fauci is NOT to be blamed for ALL things CV-related. He is a hero that deserves our PRAISE for his 40 years of service to our country. How many ANTI-vaxxers have given 40 years to US society's improvement in ANY capacity? I think that you will find that they cared ONLY about themselves!

Getting boosters for waning CV protection is an important subject, but it pales in comparison with the REALIZATION by everyone that all CV DEATH and SUFFERING in about JUNE after about 250,000 had died - all could have been avoided if ONLY the ANTI-vaxxers had rolled up their sleeves and been PRO-AMERICAN and PRO-HUMAN about taking the FREE and widely available VACCINE. Now, I fear, it is too late and about 670,000 human Americans are DEAD - MANY of which are children!!!!!!

And for the naysayers who may, and will say that I exaggerate - read about pediatrician DR. Hotez of Baylor U. who has researched the long-term effects on children's brains caused by even asymptomatic bouts with CV! The future may(?) NOT be TOO BRIGHT for these children (of potentially large numbers) - as their IQs and even LIFE SPANS are likely to DROP.
And remember.......a similar thing happened in Flint, MI from LEAD in the children's water, which will take 2 or 3 GENERATIONS for the effects to vanish.
Old 09-19-2021, 01:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,642 Times in 1,513 Posts

Quote:
Things are NEVER quite as black and white as they MAY appear. US Medical Doctors and experts say that the jury is STILL out (like lots of CV issues) on whether or WHEN to make available vaccines to the under 65 groups. Stay tuned about that! They are working on approval for the under age 6 group as we write. The CDC, FDA, the US Government in total, and University researchers. The total Government has a LOT on its PLATE currently. Also, naysayers, like, "how terrible DR. Fauci is" - don't help either!
The ANTI-vaxxers that have mostly caused the DELTA variant to become systemic US-wide are to be blamed! NOT changing advice from the FDA and the CDC, which has ONLY changed to ADJUST to changing CV conditions. That's what INTELLIGENT human beings do - they adjust to changing conditions. That is a 1st PRINCIPLE of WAR taught at our MILITARY ACADEMIES.
DR. Fauci is NOT to be blamed for ALL things CV-related. He is a hero that deserves our PRAISE for his 40 years of service to our country. How many ANTI-vaxxers have given 40 years to US society's improvement in ANY capacity? I think that you will find that they cared ONLY about themselves!

Getting boosters for waning CV protection is an important subject, but it pales in comparison with the REALIZATION by everyone that all CV DEATH and SUFFERING in about JUNE after about 250,000 had died - all could have been avoided if ONLY the ANTI-vaxxers had rolled up their sleeves and been PRO-AMERICAN and PRO-HUMAN about taking the FREE and widely available VACCINE. Now, I fear, it is too late and about 670,000 human Americans are DEAD - MANY of which are children!!!!!!

And for the naysayers who may, and will say that I exaggerate - read about pediatrician DR. Hotez of Baylor U. who has researched the long-term effects on children's brains caused by even asymptomatic bouts with CV! The future may(?) NOT be TOO BRIGHT for these children (of potentially large numbers) - as their IQs and even LIFE SPANS are likely to DROP.
And remember.......a similar thing happened in Flint, MI from LEAD in the children's water, which will take 2 or 3 GENERATIONS for the effects to vanish.
Oh well, you know the old saying "s*** happens, and then you die."
I have not argued against vaccinations. I will only argue and continue to do so against mandates. If that bothers folks, they are free to believe as they wish. This really is supposed to be a free country regarding your freedom of having an opinion. Believe it falls under the First Amendment, unless I am mistaken. But, I am sure that there are a few on HERE that will argue that statement.
Old 09-19-2021, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:
Maybe they are tired of being ostracized by folks like you that accuse them of being "selfish and UN-patriotic." Just a theory.
Most of them are NOT "anti-vaccines" but just anti-vaccine mandate and anti-mask mandate. Some of us have been vaccinated, yet feel that masks are a feeble and inadequate placebo. Some of us respect other folks wishes to abstain from vaccination until they know more about the "new" vaccine. Some of us have lived through other epidemics and have learned not to panic and run amok yelling "the sky is falling" and then demand that everyone else believe their prediction. Some of us understand that no amount of vaccines and medications will prevent the definite and inevitable death that comes to all of us.
But, that is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions, right?
And what about our grandchildren of whom many will get their IQs lowered and likely will live shorter lives.
See Dr. Hotez of Baylor Univ. ...... P L E A S E
Old 09-19-2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:

Know this....The FDA and NIH are in a HUGE disagreement.....boiling point will be reached soon.....surprise is yet coming
Old 09-19-2021, 02:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Oh well, you know the old saying "s*** happens, and then you die."
I have not argued against vaccinations. I will only argue and continue to do so against mandates. If that bothers folks, they are free to believe as they wish. This really is supposed to be a free country regarding your freedom of having an opinion. Believe it falls under the First Amendment, unless I am mistaken. But, I am sure that there are a few on HERE that will argue that statement.
I agree with this post...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-19-2021, 02:08 PM
Sage

Quote:

I disagree with almost EVERYTHING in this post...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-19-2021, 03:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,642 Times in 1,513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I agree with your disagreement of almost everything in that post.
Old 09-19-2021, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Are we really suppose to care??? If you agree, just leave a rep if you like. Most of us will probably be able to crawl through the day not knowing you do and or don't agree with something stated in a post. If you want to expound or present a different view point, that is different. That deserves a response.
Old 09-19-2021, 04:23 PM
TOTV Moderator

This thread has gone far and wide off topic, complete with disrespectful comments. It's causing too much work. Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
percent, cases, deaths, vaccinated, fully

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.