New CDC studies show waning vaccine effectiveness

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2021, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagele View Post
Did you even listen to the podcast? Just because it may be far right doesn't mean it isn't accurate or contain thought provoking ideas. The MSM is agenda driven. If that's your only source of information, you're going to end up being sorely misinformed. I suspect any source that doesn't agree with your views is labeled 'far right'.

BTW, latest info from Britain:

Data show that only about 25% of deaths in Britain are among the unvaccinated - and that vaccinated people over 40 are actually MORE likely to get Covid than the unvaccinated.

This, from an unbiased source.
Unbiased source, perhaps, but a questionable summarization of the article. From the actual article itself:

The fact that more vaccinated people are dying than unvaccinated people, or that a higher proportion of people in hospital with covid have been vaccinated than we might expect, does nothing to undermine vaccine safety or effectiveness. In fact, it’s exactly what we’d expect from the excellent vaccines that have already saved hundreds of thousands of lives around the world.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 09-12-2021 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:29 AM

It find it disturbing that there are only two classes of people: the Vaccinated and the Unvaccinated. Nobody ever includes those that have natural immunity. Maybe instead of a vaccine passport we should have an antibody test and carry around the results. Tests are available at LabCorp in Brownwood for $10.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:31 AM

Because of all the comments or reports on Covid, I have started watching a weekly update from John Hopkins. It runs every Friday at noon and lasts for 30 minutes. It is very informative and if you view in real time you can submit questions. The John Hopkins Coronavirus site has a wealth of information.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcgiii View Post
It find it disturbing that there are only two classes of people: the Vaccinated and the Unvaccinated. Nobody ever includes those that have natural immunity. Maybe instead of a vaccine passport we should have an antibody test and carry around the results. Tests are available at LabCorp in Brownwood for $10.
You get an A+ for understanding antibody test is miles better than a useless vaccine passport.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyb View Post
Unfortunately, as the vax becomes ineffective for Cov-Id, the long term effects are still real, such as Bells Palsy, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. You gotta ask yourself. Is it worth it knowing you have a 99.8% chance of surviving, except maybe for those with cormobidities?
Proof of those long-term effects along with the probability of occurrence?

Data you used to determine 99.8%? (data I can find points to around 98% - 99%)

"Except those with cormorbidities" What are the comorbidities? It seems like the list of comorbidities is so long and their prevalence in the population is so high that nearly everyone has a comorbidity.

Odd logic that leads to deciding that there is a better chance to face the disease that is killing people than to take the vaccine that is preventing deaths.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-12-2021, 08:40 AM
Default Covid 19 Vaccine Effectiveness

What's your point! Your headline and comments are misleading. The Politico article actually reaffirms the fact that the vaccine is effective. Personally, I would rather be around people who are vaccinated than those who are not.

Again, "What's your point"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkBlogW View Post
Between April 4 and June 19, before Delta’s rise, fully vaccinated people accounted for 5 percent of cases, 7 percent of hospitalizations and 8 percent of deaths. Those figures roughly doubled between June 20 to July 17 as the variant spread. Fully vaccinated individuals accounted for 18 percent of cases, 14 percent of hospitalizations and 16 percent of deaths.

New CDC studies show waning vaccine effectiveness against hospitalization in elderly

So cases doubled in a month, as delta began its surge

Attachment 90761

So two months ago CDC reported fully vaccinated individuals accounted for 18 percent of cases, 14 percent of hospitalizations and 16 percent of deaths

Take a look at the graph and estimate the percentages of breakthough cases, hospitalizations, and deaths in fully vaccinated people as delta surged from July 17 until present.

Vaccine passports anyone?
Old 09-12-2021, 08:40 AM

Is it because the vaccine is less effective, or that vaccinated people thought that they were safe and decided to do more risky things? I suspect that, in general, most of those that got the vaccine were those who took fewer risks prior to the vaccine and then went out more afterward. I am one of those people, but I decided to avoid crowded places again after my vaccinated friend got sick. Maybe others will do like me and we will see that the percentage of cases that are vaccinated people will fall.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:42 AM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

X22..how do you find these sites?
If you believe something and search the internet long enough, you will find someone that thinks like you.
Really best to stop with internet news stations and can't stations and go back to the big 3...
Old 09-12-2021, 12:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkBlogW View Post
Between April 4 and June 19, before Delta’s rise, fully vaccinated people accounted for 5 percent of cases, 7 percent of hospitalizations and 8 percent of deaths. Those figures roughly doubled between June 20 to July 17 as the variant spread. Fully vaccinated individuals accounted for 18 percent of cases, 14 percent of hospitalizations and 16 percent of deaths.

New CDC studies show waning vaccine effectiveness against hospitalization in elderly

So cases doubled in a month, as delta began its surge

Attachment 90761

So two months ago CDC reported fully vaccinated individuals accounted for 18 percent of cases, 14 percent of hospitalizations and 16 percent of deaths

Take a look at the graph and estimate the percentages of breakthough cases, hospitalizations, and deaths in fully vaccinated people as delta surged from July 17 until present.

Vaccine passports anyone?
As stated by a health care Professor at Brown University - 99% of CV hospitalizations are the UNvaccinated.
Old 09-12-2021, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Coats View Post
Indeed! We have been lied to from the very beginning of this plandemic. Who really believes the numbers we are hearing are accurate? If anyone truly takes the time to study the numbers and put everything in perspective you can easily see the numbers do not add up! We are being manipulated is a very despicable way in order to sow extreme divisions amongst us. It is Critical Theory in practice again. Those who have studied history can understand how this has worked out in the past.

If you want the jab, get it. If you don’t want it, don’t get it. Just leave your neighbor be and let them live of die as they wish. In other words Don’t Tread on Me.

Finally, unless YOU have counted the people, protocols followed, treatments received and compiled the data yourselves, please do not believe ANYONE who quotes you numbers. Especially 3 letter groups under national or NGO authority. Unless of course you do not mind leading people astray and being the indirect result of there demise.
OK, I confess - I believe in Science, the US government, and the CDC. Nothing is perfect, but those mentioned ARE pretty reliable.
Old 09-12-2021, 12:52 PM

Have to wonder if we will look back in time to say we were as wrong about one position or the other regarding COVID......."all we did wrong was listen to the EPA".

'9/11 didn’t end on 9/11': attorney says his clients are still dying 20 years later
Old 09-12-2021, 01:08 PM

Yes to vaccine passports.

Let the unvaccinated enjoy "freedom" from inside their homes while patriotic americans move about freely.

Remember when patiotism meant a sacrifice for the common good? In WWII people gladly accepted years of rationing and blackouts. Soldiers letters home were read and censored. Where is that sense of civic duty now? Instead too many just in it for themselves.

And as for boosters. The military gave me more vaccines and boosters than I can count.
And on Monday I'm going to to the VA for the covid vaccine booster. It isn't just for my benefit. It's my patriotic duty to do what I can to stop the virus and save American lives.
Old 09-12-2021, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgodin View Post
Yes to vaccine passports.

Let the unvaccinated enjoy "freedom" from inside their homes while patriotic americans move about freely.

Remember when patiotism meant a sacrifice for the common good? In WWII people gladly accepted years of rationing and blackouts. Soldiers letters home were read and censored. Where is that sense of civic duty now? Instead too many just in it for themselves.

And as for boosters. The military gave me more vaccines and boosters than I can count.
And on Monday I'm going to to the VA for the covid vaccine booster. It isn't just for my benefit. It's my patriotic duty to do what I can to stop the virus and save American lives.
Well said!
Old 09-12-2021, 02:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,012 Times in 1,739 Posts

I’m not sure that vaccine passports have quite the same significance as before. Previously it was thought that the vaccinated don’t transmit the virus, but now we know the infected vaccinated people do transmit the Delta variant. The load is likely to be less in milder infections but they can transmit nevertheless. Which means the vaccines mostly protect the person who is vaccinated. That is very different from, get vaccinated to protect all of us. Still there are obvious benefits, milder cases don’t fill up the hospitals and that leaves room for other illnesses to be treated.
Old 09-12-2021, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
As stated by a health care Professor at Brown University - 99% of CV hospitalizations are the UNvaccinated.
Health care professor?? LOL With no link we have no idea when he said it and what data he was analyzing. The CDC funded study I linked in OP shows 16% of hospitalizations were fully vaccinated from June 20 to July 17, at start of Delata surge.

Probably percentage is higher now due to delta surge peaking at very high levels, and more time for vaccine efficacy to go lower. Israel reported as high as 40% when they hit peak delta surge.

Follow the science dude!!
Closed Thread

Tags
percent, cases, deaths, vaccinated, fully

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.