North Face goes Bud Lite

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2023, 06:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
From Target's website for all the world to see, even children: PRIDE : Target

Check out the kiddie clothing, toys and more. I do not know how parents could block their children from viewing it.
I didn’t go through all 50 pages but what specifically did you find offensive? It all looks harmless to me.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-27-2023, 06:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Ouch................Sorry if you don't think God spoke thru the writers / Gospels.
What books were removed from the Bible and why? Where might I find them? - Quora

I think various entities stamped their own impressions on those words. But the most central idea is the Golden Rule which is to "Do unto others as you would have done onto you" without any evaluations as to whether or not they are sinners. That is where you bring in ALL the deadly sins especially when you are judging other people.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-27-2023 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-27-2023, 06:41 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,609 Times in 1,760 Posts

Some of these woke companies such as TGT, BUD, Nike, The North Face and others have discovered PRIDE goeth before a fall in the numbers of their customers, their earnings and in the prices of their stocks.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 05-27-2023 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-27-2023, 07:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,467 Times in 3,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Isn't it supposed to be spelled "nothingburger?" I mean, if we are going to suddenly check for spelling errors..........
No, it's "nothingberder." If you don't get the reference, oh well. Some folks will.
Old 05-27-2023, 07:43 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,617 Times in 436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
What books were removed from the Bible and why? Where might I find them? - Quora

I think various entities stamped their own impressions on those words. But the most central idea is the Golden Rule which is to "Do unto others as you would have done onto you" without any evaluations as to whether or not they are sinners. That is where you bring in ALL the deadly sins especially when you are judging other people.
Talt — the one scripture that every non-Bible believing person knows is “Judge not, yet ye be judged” - This verse is always taken out of context by non-believers, who love to throw it in the face of believers. The verse does not say we are never to call out sin, but quite the opposite actually, we as believers are to call out those that are in sin and for them to repent and trust in Christ for salvation. The verse in question means we as believers are not to judge hypocritically (calling out someone in a particular sin that we ourselves are guilty of). We are commanded to not conform to this world, but to have a biblical and eternal perspective on all things and how we live our lives.

Also, scripture tells us that ALL scripture is from God, who led men, who were inspired by the Holy Spirit in their writings.
Old 05-27-2023, 07:50 PM

[QUOTE=oneclickplus;2220740]Since you asked:

Deuteronomy 22:5 “A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman’s garment, for all who do so are an abomination to the Lord your God."

So, I'd say God cares. And I do also.[/QUOTE

Let's quote the bible... Most you wanna be Christians are hyprocitics
Old 05-27-2023, 08:14 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,609 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
So what. You probably Googled Pride and Target.

The most basic Christian principle is What is the Golden Rule? - Biblical Meaning, Importance and Examples

Not hate whom Fox loudmouths and their ilk tell whom to hate.
Actually I did not google anything. I typed in "target.com" and this is the highly offensive garbage I got on their website.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-27-2023, 08:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
Talt — the one scripture that every non-Bible believing person knows is “Judge not, yet ye be judged” - This verse is always taken out of context by non-believers, who love to throw it in the face of believers. The verse does not say we are never to call out sin, but quite the opposite actually, we as believers are to call out those that are in sin and for them to repent and trust in Christ for salvation. The verse in question means we as believers are not to judge hypocritically (calling out someone in a particular sin that we ourselves are guilty of). We are commanded to not conform to this world, but to have a biblical and eternal perspective on all things and how we live our lives.

Also, scripture tells us that ALL scripture is from God, who led men, who were inspired by the Holy Spirit in their writings.

Believe depending on what denomination people are this varies a lot. As to whether or not we take The Bible word-for-word to be the WORD OF GOD.

I did find this though--
Understanding a Misunderstood Bible Verse - JSTOR Daily

I am a Lutheran by upbringing and believe it is up to each person to read their own Bible and come up with what it means to that person without the interference of others.

I also minored in Religious Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno. The problem of evil has interested me a lot all my life. We have laws to deal with evil deeds even if those also are often dependent on historical circumstance.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-27-2023 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-28-2023, 04:58 AM

I have aged reading all this. It’s like hubby says everybody is a know it all. Happy Memorial Day weekend!
Old 05-28-2023, 07:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,249 Times in 4,283 Posts

Quote:

The most basic Christian principle is What is the Golden Rule? - Biblical Meaning, Importance and Examples

You ask for proof. You're given proof. Your response? "So what?"

Then, you change the subject...

You wanna talk hate? I'm old enough to remember MSNBC and CNN (and the other alphabet networks) calling conservative "Domestic Terrorists" and "White Supremacists"...

But that's different, right?

Oh, and btw, just go to Target's website. Click on "family clothing" No "Pride" needed in the search...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-28-2023, 07:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
The Bible is a product of maybe 40 or more writers. Probably more if you count the books left out of it. Christ's words are in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Usually printed in red ink.
Can't argue the original topic? Change the topic...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-28-2023, 07:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I didn’t go through all 50 pages but what specifically did you find offensive? It all looks harmless to me.
"I didn't read the thread, but I'll ask a question that has been answered multiple times..."

-Tom Petty
Old 05-28-2023, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:

Looks like someone is "hating" FOX "loudmouths."

Just remember "God hates the SIN, not the sinner." Christians do not HATE sexual deviants, they HATE the sin and abnormal, unhealthy and nasty behavior of the mentally disturbed that are expecting their corruption to be not only excused but endorsed. Sorry, but I don't condone this sinful behavior, and I can hardly tolerate it. It won't be long before my tolerance runs out. I don't condone unruly children in public and I have no intention of being required to tolerate a few that demand that their abhorrent behavior be encouraged in public. If they wish to be clowns and freaks then they should join the circus where they can get the attention they crave so much and get paid for it.

Intolerant? Bigot? Almost. Keep your freakness private if you insist upon an abnormal lifestyle. As a matter of fact, keep ANY intimate lifestyle private, straight or deviant.

Last edited by MDLNB; 05-28-2023 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-28-2023, 10:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Believe depending on what denomination people are this varies a lot. As to whether or not we take The Bible word-for-word to be the WORD OF GOD.

I did find this though--
Understanding a Misunderstood Bible Verse - JSTOR Daily

I am a Lutheran by upbringing and believe it is up to each person to read their own Bible and come up with what it means to that person without the interference of others.

I also minored in Religious Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno. The problem of evil has interested me a lot all my life. We have laws to deal with evil deeds even if those also are often dependent on historical circumstance.

Yes, and we used to have DECENCY laws until stupid organizations like the ACLU got involved, chipping away at decency. It's funny how sin becomes acceptable until someone gets hurt. Burning down cities based on some incident that is deemed wrong to some folks, is acceptable to folks from other cities....not so much to the victims. Perversion is OK in the media until someone finally puts a stop to it.
Old 05-28-2023, 11:05 AM
Sage

Golden Rule? If someone invaded your home, how would you treat them? Do they expect to be treated any different than if you invaded their home, or someone else's home? How would you EXPECT to be treated if you broke into their home? We have laws and rules. Even expectations of decency. It seems to me that one does not need to be a lawyer to understand the points of common sense, decency, and NORMAL behavior. Christians should not need to argue the Bible with non-believers to prove a point. If those folks insist on attempting to find vulnerability in Christians by quoting misused phrases from the Bible, it means that they do not have a winning argument and have to resort to more perversion, perversion of beliefs that they themselves do not believe or understand. Christians are Tolerant when they do not condone. But, even GOD's tolerance is limited, as the example of the Great Flood proves. Of course, the non-believer does not believe in this historical fact or of the Christian DEITY.
Closed Thread

Tags
north, face, gear, bud, lite

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.