North Face goes Bud Lite

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2023, 03:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Who is "we?". Apparently, not everyone on this thread is aware.

What is the tiny, tiny, tiny percentage? How many living humans do you write off?

The lack of understanding, lack of compassion, and outright hatred against those that are different in this way is what is happening in America and is EXACTLY what this thread is about.

I don't know the "gay Bud-Lite guy" so I can't speak to what she is or is not about.
It would help if you actually knew what the argument was about...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-05-2023, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
It would help if you actually knew what the argument was about...
Oh, I am well aware of what the argument is about (and you know that). I just do not presume to know what this person whom I have never met is or is not about.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 06-05-2023, 03:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
So much nuance...
And if a nasty, crusty, hatemongering piece of filth pretends to be a member of humanity, we're supposed to just go along with it?
Can't you feel the love?

Last edited by jimbomaybe; 06-05-2023 at 03:49 PM. Reason: add
Old 06-05-2023, 03:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Oh, I am well aware of what the argument is about (and you know that). I just do not presume to know what this person whom I have never met is or is not about.
Well, Dylan Mulvaney is the person who helped start this fustercluck with Bud Lite, so it would behoove you to figure out what he/she is about...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-05-2023, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Well, Dylan Mulvaney is the person who helped start this fustercluck with Bud Lite, so it would behoove you to figure out what he/she is about...
This has nothing to do with Dylan Mulvaney as a person or what she is about. Any trans-person in that position would have resulted on the same reaction.

That is what is most disgusting about this: it doesn't matter who she is or what she believes or even what she said, all that matters is Bud Lite dared to associate with one of those trans-types and that cannot be allowed to stand.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 06-05-2023, 04:32 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
This has nothing to do with Dylan Mulvaney as a person or what she is about. Any trans-person in that position would have resulted on the same reaction.

That is what is most disgusting about this: it doesn't matter who she is or what she believes or even what she said, all that matters is Bud Lite dared to associate with one of those trans-types and that cannot be allowed to stand.
Dylan is a he, not a she. biology, not bigotry.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-05-2023, 08:07 PM
Sage

Quote:

Well, that's certainly an opinion...

So tell me, where to you keep your crystal ball?

-Tom Petty
Old 06-05-2023, 08:19 PM

Quote:
I don't know the "gay Bud-Lite guy" so I can't speak to what she is or is not about.
Another one that has no clue on the definition of a WOMEN...
Old 06-05-2023, 08:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Popeye! View Post
Another one that has no clue on the definition of a WOMEN...
Another one who doesn't know the difference between singular and plural.

But I digest.

Mulvaney claims the pronouns she/them. Since it doesn't hurt me in my feelings place, and no trans-gender ever touched me in an inappropriate spot, I have no problem referring to her as a her. Because, my femininity isn't so fragile that it's threatened by someone with a beard and a wanker who wants to be referred to as a she. Maybe some men need to man up, if this is just SO threatening to their fragile egos that they have to boycott a company over it.

That's not a man, to me. A man is someone who isn't afraid of a guy who says he's a she.
Old 06-05-2023, 10:30 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post

But I digest.

Mulvaney claims the pronouns she/them. Since it doesn't hurt me in my feelings place, and no trans-gender ever touched me in an inappropriate spot, I have no problem referring to her as a her. Because, my femininity isn't so fragile that it's threatened by someone with a beard and a wanker who wants to be referred to as a she. Maybe some men need to man up, if this is just SO threatening to their fragile egos that they have to boycott a company over it.

That's not a man, to me. A man is someone who isn't afraid of a guy who says he's a she.
A man is an adult human being having XY chromosomes. Mulvaney is XY; he is not a she. No surprise, Dylan is a dude.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 06-05-2023 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-05-2023, 10:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

I have no problem referring to him as "he, him, his" because if he is a biological male and gay, he is still a he, him, his regardless. But, if it offends him, then I can refer to him by his name. I'd hate to have the children that might be around, become confused as to how "gender" works. Costume is for pretend, and one can pretend anything they wish. Just don't mislead the children as to what is real and true. After all, aren't we supposed to base our knowledge on science(or factual evidence)?
Old 06-06-2023, 06:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

But I digest.

The poster most likely knows the difference between "digest" and "digress".
Old 06-06-2023, 07:07 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
I have no problem referring to him as "he, him, his" because if he is a biological male and gay, he is still a he, him, his regardless. But, if it offends him, then I can refer to him by his name. I'd hate to have the children that might be around, become confused as to how "gender" works. Costume is for pretend, and one can pretend anything they wish. Just don't mislead the children as to what is real and true. After all, aren't we supposed to base our knowledge on science(or factual evidence)?
My granddaughter's school had a boy that wanted to be a girl and changed his name to a girl name. The school requested all to call him by his new girl name. Instead they called him by his last name.
Old 06-06-2023, 07:21 AM

Quote:

But I digest.

Today's education lesson for Miss OrangeBlossomBaby,
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	What is a Woman Definition.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	98777  
Old 06-06-2023, 10:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caymus View Post
The poster most likely knows the difference between "digest" and "digress".
Judge ye not, lest ye be so judged
Closed Thread

Tags
north, face, gear, bud, lite

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.