Not guilty

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2020, 05:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
George Floyd would still be alive to pass counterfeit bills if his mother would have ingrained in him like mine did me; If the teacher says it, do it, If the bible says it, do it, if me or your dad say it, do it and if a cop says stop, stop.
gracie, it's not about what he did... yes if he passed a bogus $20 bill he should be arrested... my point is he was handcuffed and subdued... what was the purpose of keeping a knee on his neck for 8 minutes?? I could understand if he was fighting back but he was just lying there.. this cop gives all the good cops a bad name and makes it harder for them to do their job.. as far as following the bible.. I personally don't believe anymore
Old 07-10-2020, 06:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I can see that happening; just think what the rioting will be like after that.....

BLM doesn’t believe in the justice system.
Let them riot ... except this time the police should read them the Riot Act three times, and then open fire if the rooters don't disburse and start torching the place.

This has been a fundamental part of English Common Law ... since forever.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
1. kneeling on an offenders neck is permissible by law in Minneapolis to incapacitate him in a similar way the choke hold was used. Unfortunately there is no precise time limit to achieve the objective and like the choke hold death can occur., but rarely.

2. George Floyd had a history of violence and was high on meth at the time of his arrest. This can lead to irrational behavior and is especially problematic for the police officers safety.

3. George Floyd twice resisted arrest. Office Chauvin talked respectfully to Mr. Floyd and offered an option of two ways to be arrested and taken to jail. Mr. Floyd was a three time loser and faced life if arrested . This might have been part of his refusal to follow police instructions.

4. Courts recognize the judgements police must make on the spot and intent to harm will have to be proven.

The arrested policemen are probably safer in jail than out on bail.
Almost complete "alternative facts".

1. No. Neither is nor was. Or can you show us where kneeling was authorized?

2. Again, no. "There were also traces of recent methamphetamine use." Source: Updated Autopsy Report: George Floyd Died of Heart Attack with Evidence of Fentanyl and Meth Use | Science Times
And even if he had used meth, Officer Chauvin supposedly knew this???

3. Three in a row, nope. According to Minneapolis Chief of Police Medaria Arradondo, a 30-year veteran, "George Floyd wasn't resisting arrest". Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo on George Floyd's killing, policies during protests and reform for his department - 60 Minutes - CBS News

4. Maybe.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
George Floyd would still be alive to pass counterfeit bills if his mother would have ingrained in him like mine did me; If the teacher says it, do it, If the bible says it, do it, if me or your dad say it, do it and if a cop says stop, stop.
Possibly counterfeit. According to Earl Gray, the attorney representing Thomas Lane, one of the cops involved, "...after the car was searched, two $20 bills and two $1 bills that he (Lane) saw were counterfeit were found between the seats.“ Counterfeit $20 bill now part of George Floyd murder case
Counterfeit $1 bills??? Something fishy here. Let's wait for the official report.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:14 PM

The videos in the case that were released show Floyd handcuffed up against a storefront and not putting up much resistance. The next video shows Floyd on the other side of the street, on the ground behind a police cruiser with several police on him with Chauvin’s knee on Floyd’s neck. What happened between those two videos???? Those unreleased videos hold the key to what happened. IF Floyd was violent then some form of restraint was justified. IF only minimal restraint was justified, and the police used excessive force, then perhaps murder 3 or manslaughter would be appropriate. IF Floyd was not violent, then perhaps murder 1 would be appropriate. Floyd being handcuffed and showing little resistance and then later being on the other side of the street on the ground with several cops on him with Chauvin kneeling on his neck indicates to me that something is missing. We need all the evidence before we can judge what really happened!
Old 07-10-2020, 07:37 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoguy View Post
Almost complete "alternative facts".

1. No. Neither is nor was. Or can you show us where kneeling was authorized?

2. Again, no. "There were also traces of recent methamphetamine use." Source: Updated Autopsy Report: George Floyd Died of Heart Attack with Evidence of Fentanyl and Meth Use | Science Times
And even if he had used meth, Officer Chauvin supposedly knew this???

3. Three in a row, nope. According to Minneapolis Chief of Police Medaria Arradondo, a 30-year veteran, "George Floyd wasn't resisting arrest". Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo on George Floyd's killing, policies during protests and reform for his department - 60 Minutes - CBS News

4. Maybe.
1. Why did Chief say they banned a policy, that does not exist?

2. Floyd autopsy stated he was "intoxicated" with fentanyl and it was measured at a level that can be lethal.

3. You are misconstruing what the Chief said. There are bodycam audio tapes of Floyd refusing to raise his hands, struggling with officers when they put him in a patrol car. Even a witness in the car saying "stop resisting Floyd"

The transcripts show Floyd continued to ask officers not to shoot him as he stepped from his vehicle and suggest he struggled with officers as they tried to handcuff him. “Stop resisting Floyd!” Shawanda Renee Hill, a witness inside the car, called out, according to the transcript of the footage from Lane’s camera.

According to the transcripts, the officers tried placing Floyd in the squad car, but he resisted, repeatedly telling them he was “claustrophobic” and had “anxiety.” He begged to be released from his handcuffs, promising he wouldn’t hurt anyone. “Y’all, I’m going to die in here,” he told them. “I just had COVID man, don’t want to go back to that.”

By then, Chauvin and Thao had arrived as Kueng and Lane were struggling to get Floyd in the car. It’s unclear whether they were attempting to assist, but at one point, an unknown officer sought to intervene, according to the transcripts. “Man, you’re going to die of a heart attack,” one of the officers told Floyd. “Just get in the car.”
Old 07-10-2020, 08:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,046 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post

2. Floyd autopsy stated he was "intoxicated" with fentanyl and it was measured at a level that can be lethal.

3. You are misconstruing what the Chief said. There are bodycam audio tapes of Floyd refusing to raise his hands, struggling with officers when they put him in a patrol car. Even a witness in the car saying "stop resisting Floyd"

The transcripts show Floyd continued to ask officers not to shoot him as he stepped from his vehicle and suggest he struggled with officers as they tried to handcuff him. “Stop resisting Floyd!” Shawanda Renee Hill, a witness inside the car, called out, according to the transcript of the footage from Lane’s camera.

According to the transcripts, the officers tried placing Floyd in the squad car, but he resisted, repeatedly telling them he was “claustrophobic” and had “anxiety.” He begged to be released from his handcuffs, promising he wouldn’t hurt anyone. “Y’all, I’m going to die in here,” he told them. “I just had COVID man, don’t want to go back to that.”

By then, Chauvin and Thao had arrived as Kueng and Lane were struggling to get Floyd in the car. It’s unclear whether they were attempting to assist, but at one point, an unknown officer sought to intervene, according to the transcripts. “Man, you’re going to die of a heart attack,” one of the officers told Floyd. “Just get in the car.”
I saw the interview of the chief on 60 minutes. I was not impressed thought he thought more of the rioters than his people.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:57 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
Having scoured all of the threads and posts since this incident, there's one thing I haven't seen a single person say. That being how they think their life would have been easier in general and they would have had a better chance, or an easier time, of being successful, if only they had been born with black skin.
If I'd been born with black skin I may have been able to get into Harvard or other top drawer university or college with mediocre grades and a low SAT score under Affirmative Action. I would have been coached on tests and given answers ahead of time so I could pass.

I might even have obtained a full ride in graduate school as a "foreign student".

And I may have been sought out by employers and given much higher salaries than my counterparts and only had to show up on paydays to collect my paychecks, never really doing any work due to affirmative actions type quotas. I would be literally unfirable.

As a white I saw all of the above happen and more than once.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 07-11-2020 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
If I'd been born with black skin I may have been able to get into Harvard or other top drawer university or college with mediocre grades and a low SAT score under Affirmative Action. I would have been coached on tests and given answers ahead of time so I could pass.

I might even have obtained a full ride in graduate school as a "foreign student".

And I may have been sought out by employers and given much higher salaries than my counterparts and only had to show up on paydays to collect my paychecks, never really doing any work due to affirmative actions type quotas. I would be literally unfirable.

As I white I saw all of the above happen and more than once.
This is so obviously true for anyone who's been in the corporate world ... which has become the home of woke. But, it sound strange because speech codes forbid anyone saying this hence we all pretend it doesn't exist.

Usually, when several people of roughly comparable competence competed for a job and the black guy was selected ... that was ok with me.

But, when an incompetent boob was selected pretty much because of the color of the skin ... I had, and have, a problem with that.

To put it in personal terms, would anyone want an affirmative action heart surgeon operating on them?

Old 07-11-2020, 05:25 AM

Yes! The actions of one scumbag cop means that are all like that. Idiots!
Old 07-11-2020, 05:25 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

similarly the cop in atl will be found not guilty,,, the da has overcharged the case probably for 2 reasons: 1, an attempt to mollify black public opinion; & 2, to demonstrate his ability/performance in office is reason to re-elect him.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post

The devil is in the details. The post I responded to declared that "kneeling on an offenders neck is permissible by law in Minneapolis" which never was an expressly approved restraint. The "high on meth" is likewise a conclusion drawn by the poster rather than any official report. Stating these assumptions as facts just perpetuates more rumors & slants the whole conversation.
Maybe he was acting intoxicated, maybe he was genuinely claustrophobic. Neither one justifies kneeling on a fully restrained suspect's neck for nearly 9 minutes, including almost three minutes while Floyd was unresponsive.
I'm not misconstruing a direct answer to a direct question, Minneapolis Chief of Police Medaria Arradondo told Lesley Stahl, "George Floyd wasn't resisting arrest".
Old 07-11-2020, 05:41 AM

Spoken like a true white person. Misconstrued, manipulated, inaccurate, and out right incorrect statements. Since when were the police given the right to be judge, jury and executioner? From a NYer who worked with the police and experienced the full range of human judgement and attitude.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:53 AM
Veteran member

The family of George Floyd has already received more than $14,000,000.00 in “Go Fund Me” donations.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I can see that happening; just think what the rioting will be like after that.....

BLM doesn’t believe in the justice system.
It’s hard to believe in a “justice” system that fails to get you justice time and time again for decades or even centuries.
Closed Thread

Tags
times, calmer, light, brought, facts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.