Not guilty

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2020, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
You may be correct. If I were on the jury, I could only convict the police officers if the prosecutor could prove that they knew their actions would cause death. When a doctor makes a mistake and kills someone, they are almost never charged with a crime. I see this as a similar situation.
Chauvin said if Floyd could talk he could breathe which is true if someone is choking. However, major blood vessels like the carotid artery were being occluded. I do wonder if the reason for the neck hold was to minimize the spread of Covid 19 by keeping his head turned in the opposite direction. Chauvin told police he had Covid.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Not if the prosecutor gets the jury he wants.
And if they do get found not guilty, these riots the last 6 weeks will look like a tea party.
Heard recently 75% of shootings and killings in large cities are not proscecuted.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:09 AM
Default Not guilty

Seriously??!!!
Old 07-11-2020, 06:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoguy View Post
The devil is in the details. The post I responded to declared that "kneeling on an offenders neck is permissible by law in Minneapolis" which never was an expressly approved restraint. The "high on meth" is likewise a conclusion drawn by the poster rather than any official report. Stating these assumptions as facts just perpetuates more rumors & slants the whole conversation.
Maybe he was acting intoxicated, maybe he was genuinely claustrophobic. Neither one justifies kneeling on a fully restrained suspect's neck for nearly 9 minutes, including almost three minutes while Floyd was unresponsive.
I'm not misconstruing a direct answer to a direct question, Minneapolis Chief of Police Medaria Arradondo told Lesley Stahl, "George Floyd wasn't resisting arrest".
I don't see those exact words in quotes anywhere in your link. Just the following exchange in which the Chief may be only disagreeing with the second part of Stahl's question. Doesn't matter anyway, the Chief did not witness the arrest and won't be called to testify on whether or not Floyd resisted. The defense will use the female witness in the car and bodycam video and audio to prove it.

Lesley Stahl: So as I understand it, there was something released to the press, that George Floyd had resisted arrest and that he had-- I'm gonna read this, died "after a medical incident during a police interaction."

Chief Medaria Arradondo: That was preliminary information that was absolutely an official police statement however, um, that was not accurate.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPerry View Post
The videos in the case that were released show Floyd handcuffed up against a storefront and not putting up much resistance. The next video shows Floyd on the other side of the street, on the ground behind a police cruiser with several police on him with Chauvin’s knee on Floyd’s neck. What happened between those two videos???? Those unreleased videos hold the key to what happened. IF Floyd was violent then some form of restraint was justified. IF only minimal restraint was justified, and the police used excessive force, then perhaps murder 3 or manslaughter would be appropriate. IF Floyd was not violent, then perhaps murder 1 would be appropriate. Floyd being handcuffed and showing little resistance and then later being on the other side of the street on the ground with several cops on him with Chauvin kneeling on his neck indicates to me that something is missing. We need all the evidence before we can judge what really happened!
I had the exact same question. It seemed an important part of the video was missing. Was it purposefully omitted by the media.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:18 AM

I totally agree with you John 41, but do you really think Officer Chauvin is going to get off easy--that would mean a Civil War.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:36 AM

Thank a police officer for the work they do every chance you get. Speak up for America every chance you get.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:39 AM

Thank you for this comment. I am hearing echos of the "white piwer" guy with some of the comments.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:42 AM

Fentanyl is a narcotic. Anyone in the medical profession knows respiratory depression is a major side effect of narcotics and can lead to death. As a matter of fact respiratory depression is the reason for death in narcotic overdoses. How much was respiratory depression related to Fentanyl use a factor? Fentanyl is one of the most powerful narcotics out there.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
Chauvin said if Floyd could talk he could breathe which is true if someone is choking. However, major blood vessels like the carotid artery were being occluded. I do wonder if the reason for the neck hold was to minimize the spread of Covid 19 by keeping his head turned in the opposite direction. Chauvin told police he had Covid.
If his carotids were occluded, he could not talk either, unless he could talk while unconscious
Old 07-11-2020, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Buckert View Post
I don’t think it was Floyd’s fault that a cop killed him. For example, if I get pulled over for speeding I don’t expect a cop to kill me, even though my mama said not to speed.
Yeah, and you’re probably not a many time convicted felon like GF are you, either?
Old 07-11-2020, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
The Minneapolis police with be exonerated of wrongdoing in the George Floyd case once all facts are brought to light, in calmer times, during their trial.
This is a bad joke, right? A police person who kneels on a ma's neck for nearly 9 minutes as the victim says "I can't breathe," must be found guilty of manslaughter, at the very least.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:54 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Floyd and the police officer worked together for years as bouncers at a bar. Rumor is counterfeit money was being washed at the bar.
Now for the interesting question. Was Floyd and the police officer into washing money together? What if Floyd told the officer he was going to be arrested with him?
There is more to this than we are seeing.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
The Minneapolis police with be exonerated of wrongdoing in the George Floyd case once all facts are brought to light, in calmer times, during their trial.
No!! They won’t.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:10 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Let the system work. We will C.

Tags
times, calmer, light, brought, facts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.