Ohio opens

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2020, 06:17 AM

It’s amazing to me at this stage of a world wide pandemic that individual countries or states can’t learn from other jurisdictions. Until there is a vaccine this can only go one way like all the other jurisdictions before them. Get ready for Ohio to announce their second wave. It’s just math and statistics, the virus knows no boundaries or borders. Hopefully The Villages don’t open up more until this is resolved. No one misses our previous lifestyle more than I, but until there is a vaccine we need to error on the side of caution. This is not like being brave and standing up to an enemy, this is about being smart for yourself and fellow American.
“Mask it , or casket”
Old 09-25-2020, 06:43 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgizzi View Post
We have family and friends in Ohio. We lived there. All bars have to close by 10:00 and they say it is not 100%. Hard to tell what is the truth just like here
Who cares? We live in Fl with restrictions in place. Dont like what Ohio does? Stay home!
Old 09-25-2020, 07:32 AM

Fake news once again!
Old 09-25-2020, 07:44 AM
Default Ohio bar opening,England did that opening bars and restaurants

Ohio opened bars and restaurants,England did that and it was a mistake they are ready to close them.England has said they might go back to closeing them..They have had a large spike in new cases.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:59 AM

Open everything everywhere . Let people decide if they want to go. Wear your mask. Wash your hands . Keep yourself healthy. If you are waiting for a vaccine it will not be the cure all.
First not everyone will get the vaccine, like other vaccines some work some need to be every year. Inevitably you will come in contact with people who do not get it and maybe you will or will not get sick. Let's put effort into living healthy. Having a stronger health care system in place and getting back to life. Oh and voting .
Old 09-25-2020, 10:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
As of 12:01am Ohio has opened all restaurants and bars, as well as retail. 100% occupants
Oh, thanks for that information, I’m going Ohio next Thursday from Texas!
Old 09-25-2020, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmurray View Post
This will be an interesting experiment, to see what happens to the number of cases, if anything. I think there is evidence from Europe that such re-openings lead to resurgence in cases. They have had to re-impose restrictions. The Villages just announce they are reopening the squares to music and are going to try enforce a capacity limit.
Also Spanish Springs is having a sidewalk sale. They plan on giving away free samples of CV. Personally, I will NOT be going.
Old 09-25-2020, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsherman59@gmail.com View Post
It’s amazing to me at this stage of a world wide pandemic that individual countries or states can’t learn from other jurisdictions. Until there is a vaccine this can only go one way like all the other jurisdictions before them. Get ready for Ohio to announce their second wave. It’s just math and statistics, the virus knows no boundaries or borders. Hopefully The Villages don’t open up more until this is resolved. No one misses our previous lifestyle more than I, but until there is a vaccine we need to error on the side of caution. This is not like being brave and standing up to an enemy, this is about being smart for yourself and fellow American.
“Mask it , or casket”
Good one - mask it or casket! It is not a good idea to expect some vaccine to come riding in on some white horse. The fastest vaccine took 4 years. It will be hard to distribute to everyone, and maybe 2 doses needed. It requires storage at neg 112 deg F, for which the US does not have enough equipment now. Many medical experts are saying that, anyway, 95% mask usage is MORE effective than a vaccine. Many ANTI-vaccers will reject it also. Society has become less confident in SCIENCE, which is strange considering ALL the advancements that we have SEEN with our own eyes after WWII. US society will have to be RE-SOLD on the importance of SCIENCE. That will not be easy!
Old 09-25-2020, 11:46 AM

Watch for the Covid figures to soar yet again. When will folk learn........
Old 09-25-2020, 06:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Amended Ohio health order does little: But you can buy gas station hot dogs

There has been an amendment issued regarding businesses operating in Ohio. If anyone cares to read the full 7 pages they can find the link in the article I linked. This is not a 100% back to business as usual order as it has been portrayed in this thread.
Didn’t say back to business... news in Cincinnati said 100% occupancy. So no open tables, no counting people in and out. But business can set demands on what they do. Florida hit phase 3 just like Ohio.

But one can make choices in what one wants to do. Many businesses would not open until 100%. So I hope they survive, and bring back as many employees as possible. I hate to see so many not be able to put food on their table to feed their kids
Old 09-26-2020, 11:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Didn’t say back to business... news in Cincinnati said 100% occupancy. So no open tables, no counting people in and out. But business can set demands on what they do. Florida hit phase 3 just like Ohio.

But one can make choices in what one wants to do. Many businesses would not open until 100%. So I hope they survive, and bring back as many employees as possible. I hate to see so many not be able to put food on their table to feed their kids
The family members I’m seeing are in Celina & Van Wert, Ohio & they both said Restaurants have limited seating but everything open 100% & grocery stores & Dept. store are open with no occupancy limit but you MUST have a mask on. That’s OK because I’m just going there to see our new Great Grandbaby & to watch a family member play in a State Pickleball Tournament.
Closed Thread

Tags
ohio, opens, 1201am, opened, restaurants

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.