Orange County California now wants to change the name of the John Wayne airport

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2020, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
Are you friggin kidding me...John Wayne is a problem????

No friggin way!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow...this is the last BS straw for me...my camel's back has now been totally broken

How stupid and how far over the hill will some elected officials bend to make sure that they absolutely do not offend anyone at any time any where at any time...even if they are misinformed on reality

Well, guess what Orange County, you have just offended me! I OBJECT. Does, my
voice count...or am I just too damn white? Okay I could have my son who lives in Orange county object...will that matter??? No you've made up your mind that John Wayne must go.

Stupid, dumb, idiotic, cowardice.... you are running scared of what??? You cowards!!!!

If California drops off the edge from a earthquake...I no longer care....good bye
You are totally correct!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2020, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottYvonne View Post
Do you feel guilty about slavery? I don’t.
Agree!!!!
Old 06-28-2020, 06:00 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Nannyof3 Send a message via AIM to Nannyof3 Send a message via Yahoo to Nannyof3 Send a message via Skype™ to Nannyof3

The comments in question come from a 1971 interview with Playboy Magazine in which Wayne stated that he believed in white supremacy and did not “feel guilty about the fact that five or 10 generations ago, these people were slaves,” as reported by the Los Angeles Times.

“I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility,” Wayne had said. “I don’t believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people.”

Wayne also used a homophobic slur in reference to the movie “Midnight Cowboy” and made derogatory statements about Native Americans.

“I don’t feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. … [O]ur so-called stealing of this country from them was just a matter of survival,” Wayne said. “There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”8

Wow...this is the last BS straw for me...my camel's back has now been totally broken

How stupid and how far over the hill will some elected officials bend to make sure that they absolutely do not offend anyone at any time any where at any time...even if they are misinformed on reality

voice count...or am I just too damn white? Okay I could have my son who lives in Orange county object...will that matter??? No you've made up your mind that John Wayne must go.

Stupid, dumb, idiotic, cowardice.... you are running scared of what??? You cowards!!!!

If California drops off the edge from a earthquake...I no longer care....good bye[/QUOTE]
Old 06-28-2020, 06:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Instead of just emotional outbursts, a link to the facts to put everything in context and to see who/why (and the actual numbers) of those who are calling for this...would be much appreciated.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:15 AM

When have we reached the absurd and ridiculous.

Yale University was named for Elihu Yale. You will be quite surprised to find out about his character but yet the elitist have a university named after him.

Harvard And Princeton have a shocking history of its University presidents. Michelle Obama and Sonia Sotomeyer are alumni, are they in favor slavery for going to an institution who’s presidents were slave owners.

Columbia University is named for Christopher Columbus, we all know how “horrible” a person he was.

Cornell University was named for Ezra Cornell, a Quaker. We are told they are evil.

Dartmouth named for William Legge, 2nd earl of Dartmouth. He promoted the career of a notorious slave trader into the Anglican ministry.

Brown University named for Nicholas Brown, Jr. who was an adamant defender of slavery.

Harvard acknowledges slave connections | Harvard Magazine

https://slavery.princeton.edu/

Slavery and the Brown family: an alternative history

I’m waiting for them to protest and remove the names.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:27 AM

Quote:

If California drops off the edge from a earthquake...I no longer care....good bye
Totally agree with you. From the sublime to the ridiculous. Let's face it, and be honest: We've ALL made a racist statement, or two, at one time or another in our lives..........even the blacks. So, are all to be black balled? Opps, excuse me. I think I just offended someone.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:34 AM
Default I have seen this before

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaguey48 View Post
Our foreign enemies will conquer us without firing a shot. They gleefully watch America destroy itself from within.
I have seen this before in Cuba 1960 Through 1962 when Castro declared itself Communist, attacking the history, taking down statues and rewriting history, Fomenting terror and establishing block committees to report on their neighbors Cubans at that time said “it won’t happen here” well it did and those that did not escaped suffered tremendously with shortages of goods, ration of food, Communism is harsh and a totalitarian regime. I hope not, but I am ready is it does!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2020, 06:35 AM

Read the book White Guilt, says it all.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:36 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

It is ALL about anything to do with WHITE PEOPLE, period.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:37 AM

Things change...get over it. Cape Canaveral was once changed to Cape Kennedy in honor of his push for space exploration, then changed back to Cape Canaveral. The reason I heard was because locals didn't like Kennedy, a Democrat, and so it was changed back. Jeesh...does it really matter if John Wayne airport changes its name?
Old 06-28-2020, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottYvonne View Post
Do you feel guilty about slavery? I don’t.
Ah white guilt. Isn’t it wonderful. I don’t know why they stop there. I’m sure many white Neanderthals attacked and killed other Neanderthals. Feel guilty? Ah the white Romans tortured and killed in the coliseum. If you want to feel guilty about things you didn’t do I’m sure you can find many things to choose from. Do you think the murderers and rapists of today feel guilty? So why would anyone feel guilty over something they didn’t do? I’m sure some will say “you’re missing the point”.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
Things change...get over it. Cape Canaveral was once changed to Cape Kennedy in honor of his push for space exploration, then changed back to Cape Canaveral. The reason I heard was because locals didn't like Kennedy, a Democrat, and so it was changed back. Jeesh...does it really matter if John Wayne airport changes its name?
Does it really matter if they change their name, probably not. People will still fly in and out of it. I think you are missing the point here. How many things and names are we going to change to make everyone happy. I am not so young anymore and in my lifetime I don’t know anyone who has actually been a slave. How far back are we going to go to rewrite history. The beginning of time! Taking down statues and changing names of everything under the sun is helping no one. If anything, it’s creating a divide. America must be the joke of all those countries who would love to see us fail. I can just hear them now sitting around their Presidential meeting laughing at us saying do you really need to worry about America, not anymore. They are destroying themselves from within and need no help from outside sources. God bless America!
Old 06-28-2020, 07:08 AM

Quote:

This is an over reaction, pandering decision by idiots. It's being based on an interview in 1971 with Playboy magizine. I challenge someone to say "in the past 50 years" I have never said or done something that doesn't meet today's "standards". I can't change the past, I can control today and hopefully help the future
Old 06-28-2020, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
It is ALL about anything to do with WHITE PEOPLE, period.
Agreed. Not much news about the signs posted reading "Kill all white people".

I notice that all those who were NOT SLAVES want reparations from people who were NOT SLAVE OWNERS. Yet, they want to remain in this country !! How about we give all those who want unjust reparations from those who did nothing to them a FREE RIDE back to the dark continent and call it even.

[waiting now as my account is suspended or deleted] who cares.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:11 AM

A Men !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
orange, county, wayne, john, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.