Our Capitol Building

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2021, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't agree. Not at all. I deeply hate both varieties of people who want to trash things to make a point. They are the same mindset. They cannot wait for their needs to be met. They don't see the cure is worse than the disease and sometimes, no matter what you believe, you have to act sanely. AND most of them are working off of testosterone. Most of them.

Also somebody should remember to sing along with Kenny Rogers song; Know when to hold them and know when to fold them. This was embarrassing at the best and a damned shameful thing at the worst. And that goes for the summertime stealing and looting and burning. I am not a fan of that kind of activism...period and AMEN.
Summertime looting and stealing was at best an abomination. It was thugs taking advantage of a legal, constitutionally allowed protest of actions taken by government.

Yesterdaty was...

1. A coup is shorthand for "coup d’etat," a French term that means the overthrow of the government. The key element of a coup is that it is carried out beyond the bounds of legality. Coups can be violent but don’t need to be.

2. Sedition Words that inspire a revolution that overthrows the government are an example of sedition. Insurrection; rebellion. An activity or communication aimed at overthrowing governmental authority.

If you are unable to know or even investigate the difference, not only in definition but also in punishment that can be assessed, then no sense in discussing.

The difference between the two is conclusive, clear and easily understood.

Anyone who make this very false equivalence does not care or refuses to care for some reason,

And knowing you will never agree with me....at the BASIS of yesterday was deep rooted vile dishonesty, lies onto of lies which a certain group seems to want to believe. That makes them mere pawns in a plan.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't agree. Not at all. I deeply hate both varieties of people who want to trash things to make a point. They are the same mindset. They cannot wait for their needs to be met. They don't see the cure is worse than the disease and sometimes, no matter what you believe, you have to act sanely. AND most of them are working off of testosterone. Most of them.

Also somebody should remember to sing along with Kenny Rogers song; Know when to hold them and know when to fold them. This was embarrassing at the best and a damned shameful thing at the worst. And that goes for the summertime stealing and looting and burning. I am not a fan of that kind of activism...period and AMEN.
Agree completely that those that broke the law in the past should be brought to justice.
However, this thread is about what happened yesterday. So, to bring up other instances in the past really has nothing to do with yesterday.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
It's useless because you wouldn't believe it anyway
You know they do not exist, yet you post on here and lie to all other members of the forum.

LYING should be something not allowed on here, We are seeing the fruits of LYING in the news.

People, some, actually believe lies and act on them
Old 01-07-2021, 03:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Here is a link to some pictures you may be looking for -
Insurrection a stunning show of force for conspiracy groups, extremists and fringe movements - CNN
I also seen the Metropolitan Police Department has posted pictures and is requesting the public to help supply any identity information.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Link your evidence that it wasn't!
See how that works? The MSM has been spewing BS for 4 years, and you don't question them. Works both ways.
BREAKING REPORT: Former FBI Agent on the Ground at US Capitol Says at Least One Bus Load of Antifa Thugs Infiltrated Trump Demonstration
Old 01-07-2021, 04:08 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I was a brand-new teenager, mostly interested in teasing my hair into a big bubble and wondering when my parents were ever going to let me ride in cars with boys.

I clearly remember Kennedy's assassination. Lost innocence.

We were glued to our television screens. (We had only one screen -- like most families.)

I remember Black Jack, the Riderless Horse.

I remember John John's salute.

We mourned as a nation -- together.

I also remember saying to my dad, "Why are they bringing Oswald out into that crowd? Somebody is going to take a pot-shot at him."

And then, out stepped Ruby. We saw it happen. Live. Violence. Right there on our screen.

Yesterday, as I watched the attack on our sacred, fragile Democracy, I again said, "Why." But -- yesterday, that question was rhetorical. I already knew the answer.

Boomer
"I already knew the answer."

Whether they will ever publicly admit it or not, everyone knows the answer as to the root of the attack on our very democracy yesterday.

Constant lying got us to this point and by evidenced by some posts in this thread, the lying and belief in lies - continues.
Old 01-07-2021, 04:11 PM
Sage

Trump loyalists push evidence-free claims that antifa activists fueled mob

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...tz-trump-riot/

PolitiFact | No, facial recognition didn’t confirm antifa infiltrated Trump supporters at the Capitol

Fact check: Face-painted man in horned fur cap at Capitol riot supports Trump and QAnon, not antifa - HoustonChronicle.com

https://www.kcra.com/article/there-i...itol/35145385#

And of course there is your source....

“The Gateway Pundit is an American far-right[8] news and opinion website. The website is known for publishing falsehoods, hoaxes, and conspiracy theories.[16]”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gateway_Pundit

ALL PROOF POSITIVE OF WHAT OUR PRESIDENT HAS SAID FOR YEARS....”There is a sucker born every minute”

What happens to the fools who bought into his BS and donated money to HIM, not his campaign. Him.
Old 01-07-2021, 04:35 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Please keep on-topic.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:10 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

The nation has changed and not for the better. Back in 1965-1966 I used to walk through the Capitol Building as a shortcut from where I lived a block from the Library of Congress to classes at GU Law Center. I wore a coat and tie and carried a large briefcase heavy with texts as I was then a law student. Nobody stopped me, ever. Capitol police officers nodded in greeting and I always said hi to groundskeepers.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 01-07-2021, 08:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
The nation has changed and not for the better. Back in 1965-1966 I used to walk through the Capitol Building as a shortcut from where I lived a block from the Library of Congress to classes at GU Law Center. I wore a coat and tie and carried a large briefcase heavy with texts as I was then a law student. Nobody stopped me, ever. Capitol police officers nodded in greeting and I always said hi to groundskeepers.
The law books were big in 1986-1989 at the U of MN law school as well.

I have only been to DC once in mid 2015 and was very impressed with the buildings. They did have a lot more security around though and much of it was hidden. My sister-in-law grew up in that area so she could tell me a lot of stuff.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:44 PM
TOTV Moderator

We tried to let this thread run for awhile but it got hopelessly off track...33/58 posts removed. It's just impossible to have a civil, on topic, non political discussion.

Thread closed, sigh.....
Closed Thread

Tags
building, capitol, display, watching, disgusting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.