Partial Solution

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2020, 05:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts

Some people have often suggested mandatory Government service for everyone when they turn 18. This would be way too expensive because of the enforcement, supervision, and food and housing costs that it would require. The benefits to the country would be far less than the cost.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:42 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Once unemployment is over they will maybe go back to work???
Old 07-01-2020, 09:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up Really??

Is drafting a person into the military "involuntary servitude?". Where was I when my two brothers and father were drafted in WWII? I guess they could have claimed involuntary servitude and sued the Government? If the excuse for draft is the country was under attack, what the heck is the rioters taking over 6 city blocks in Seattle and preventing police from entering the area? There is a concern these criminals could end up in a "fox hole" with some. Am I wrong that murders, thieves, etc were part of the draft in WWII? I don't remember anyone asking a draftee if he or she had committed a crime when in the fox hole? In fact some enlisted to avoid prosecution from crimes. It is amazing how a Drill Sargent and the right penalties and consequences can get a reluctant person to see the light! We are blessed with the opportunity to change behaviors and little reasons, where appropriate not to!
Old 07-01-2020, 10:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Once unemployment is over they will maybe go back to work???
Doing what? Who is going to hire a known rioter/looter? I think that these people are going to wind up deeply regretting their actions. They got caught up in mob hysteria and made some really bad choices, I get that. But now that the dust is starting to settle....what do you do with them? It's sad.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

Partial solution won’t work. Reason. The military is looking for good people to serve and protect.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:55 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe V. View Post
This is sarcasm right? I could never trust a rioter forced into the military near me in combat.
During WWII the Germans had penal units that were put into battles with little chance of survival. If they didn't attack, the SS would execute them. It's called motivation.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I believe a partial solution to the rioting and consequences is to automatically draft those that have rioted and their enlistment would be for a minimum of 4 years. Either the 4 years are served as military or 6 years in jail if they try for a discharge through
some of the escape clauses (AWOL,etc). the penalty is 6 years in prison from the day the offense occured. Tough drill sargents would be assigned to their special units and.A percent to the Marines and a percentage to the Army.Since they rioted and tried to overthrow the US Government they will get a lesson on what "freedom means and the US Constitution". Protesting is one thing, rioting and destroying property and killing and asualt is another!!
Works for me!
Closed Thread

Tags
years, partial, solution, rioted, rioting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.