Pfizer vaccine approved in the UK

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2020, 06:19 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe V. View Post
He thinks quantity makes up for loss of quality.
And obviously it does not.

Last edited by stanley; 12-03-2020 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-03-2020, 06:54 PM

Generally the FDA takes 6-10 months to approve a drug or vaccine once they receive the clinical trial data from the pharma company. Approval for the coronavirus vaccine is taking place quite quickly by FDA norms. They'll get criticized whether they approve it too fast or too slow.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Hope they work on it efficiently. Two people are dying every minute. You can count the time they take in number of lives.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:03 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
The reasons for the delay in the U.S. has been extensively explained in both newspapers as well as TV. The delay won’t be anywhere near as long as asserted by this poster.

THIS POST IS POLITICAL AND SHOULD BE REMOVED!
Why did you post then if you want your post removed??
Old 12-03-2020, 09:55 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtennent View Post
Let's separate the press releases from a company from the actual technical data coming out of the research and trials. The FDA has a system whereby independent scientists review the submitted data which is not a trivial matter. Taking a few weeks for this process to run its course to ensure a safe and effective vaccine seems prudent to me. Yes I know that people are dying. However, in the past, people have suffered greatly when the process has been short circuited.
So the UK short circuited the process and we can expect their vaccinated citizens to start dropping like flies according to you.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:00 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
So the UK short circuited the process and we can expect their vaccinated citizens to start dropping like flies according to you.
One never knows, now do one?
Old 12-03-2020, 10:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
I read today that the Pfizer Covid 19 vaccine has been approved in the UK. Apparently, it can't be approved here until the panel (death panel?) meets later this month, so they can discuss whether or not it is safe for the U.S. I am sure that someone is going to post on here that they feel it is necessary for the wait. Sorry, but to me it sounds like the delay is political and not science when our leader demands that it be released and the powers that be smile and say it won't be allowed to be released until they say it can be released.

I wonder if those that consistently say that "other" countries are handling the virus better than us, will change their minds and begin to defend those that are hindering the release of the vaccine to the populace. Maybe those "important" folks that are holding it up under pretense of having a full calendar, are waiting for the death toll numbers to peak at a certain level?

I wonder if Pfizer being able to start distributing the vaccine overseas will impact the ability to provide sufficient amounts to the U.S. when the death panel finally meets and decides to allow our folks to obtain protection from the virus.

Just a few thoughts. Red tape and politics seem to be the norm in this country when it comes to any progress in pharmaceuticals.
If it’s not safe they wouldn’t put it out there yet. Where’s the line, I want to be the 1st one in line!
Old 12-03-2020, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
That is clearly not what I said. I appreciate the honest give and take when done with facts. In this case, Great Britain did approve the vaccine very quickly. Other European nations have criticized Great Britain for their haste.

EU criticises '''hasty''' UK approval of COVID-19 vaccine | Reuters

As noted in a previous post, Great Britain has quickly approved previous medicines that were later shown to have serious side effects. BTW, this is not a matter of British scientists vs US scientists, but rather the approval process.
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccine, pfizer, panel, approved, death

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.