Reactions of people who are requested to wear a mask

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2020, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts
Default Reactions of people who are requested to wear a mask

I'm afraid to say, there are a handful of our fellow Americans who have become wack jobs when it comes to wearing a mask. I feel sorry employees who have to deal with these situations........

Maskless woman at KFC hops on counter, demands service after being asked to comply with COVID rules | Fox News

California McDonald’s employee assaulted by customer in drive-thru window over mask policy | Fox News

Burger King customer throws tape dispenser at worker over face mask policy: report | Fox News
Old 09-14-2020, 09:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

You’re right. Tensions with some are running high. There is not enough $$ to pay me to work in retail/food service these days. Aside from the fact that I’m retired. Various reasons why tensions are high, but same result; over reactive and sometimes violent.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:46 AM

This is what “timeouts” and participation trophies get you.

Hike naked, it adds color to your cheeks!
Old 09-14-2020, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,010 Times in 5,317 Posts

sick people out there
Old 09-14-2020, 11:41 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,135 Times in 880 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Wow, I'm sure, or hope, there's crazy drugs in their systems to explain this crap.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freehiker View Post

exactly
Old 09-14-2020, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,739 Times in 1,222 Posts

If there were not masks, it would be something else.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

Quote:
Only the first of the three links gave any indication of the attackers' ages. The first was the video, and the woman looked to be in her 20's or 30's. That would mean hm - oh yeah. The age of your grandchildren. So - participating trophies and time-outs provided by people the age of your kids. Which one of you taught your kids that it was acceptable to provide time-outs and participation trophies to their kids? Cause the idea didn't come out of a zebra's butt.

Meanwhile, we don't know the ages of the other two. If one of them was in their 70's, would you accuse fox of reporting age discriminatory fake news? Or would you just accept that some people are screwed up in the head?

Are you so sure that participation trophies and time outs are the reason why some people act out? Are you really and truly sure? How many folks here have a relative over the age of 40, who has either been in jail, been in a fight, gotten a ticket for reckless driving, been accused of a crime, participated in any kind of protest at all, drove drunk (whether or not they got caught)...

How many of you even KNOW if you have a relative who fits the above criteria?

Believe me - it's not the result of participation trophies and time outs. I never got either and I did my share of acting out when I was young. For me it was a matter of "you and what army are going to STOP me from doing whatever I want?" Time out? Pfft. There's no lock on my door. Participation trophy? Screw that, I want to WIN. If I can't win, then I don't deserve a trophy. We used to get those in bowling league, I thought it was a huge waste of league money.
Old 09-14-2020, 03:27 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default to the 10th power

In Ohio Dr. Amy Acton, the state’s director of health, resigned after she and her family were threatened by people showing up at her house, waving flags and carrying assault weapons and signs saying, “No violence — yet.”

Dr. Acton had dared to encourage mask-wearing — but gave up after being terrorized by pseudo-patriots.

Another woman doctor was recently appointed to take Dr. Acton’s place. She withdrew before she even started the job — cited “personal reasons” — a.k.a. threats.

I am in total shock that people I know can support this kind of America.

Do they even know these things are happening? If so, how can they support it — by what they say — or with sinister, tacit approval? (shudder)

Last edited by Boomer; 09-14-2020 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-14-2020, 04:54 PM

Good points, OrangeBlossomBaby! In most of the videos of people being resistant to wearing masks I've seen the individual looked to be at least middle aged. Not to mention participation trophies have been around since World War I so you can't even put that on Millennials and Gen Zers. Entitlement knows no generation.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Plus 1.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
In Ohio Dr. Amy Acton, the state’s director of health, resigned after she and her family were threatened by people showing up at her house, waving flags and carrying assault weapons and signs saying, “No violence — yet.”

Dr. Acton had dared to encourage mask-wearing — but gave up after being terrorized by pseudo-patriots.

Another woman doctor was recently appointed to take Dr. Acton’s place. She withdrew before she even started the job — cited “personal reasons” — a.k.a. threats.

I am in total shock that people I know can support this kind of America.

Do they even know these things are happening? If so, how can they support it — by what they say — or with sinister, tacit approval? (shudder)
Basically - they call it "Fake News" and immediately remind you of "her e-mails." Facts don't matter to these kinds of people. They will be attracted to something shiny, and will hold on to that shiny thing even while its razor-sharp blade cuts them to ribbons.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
Plus 1.
Quote:
I say baloney to that. It's how you model behavior to your kids. How you get them to respect adults and authority without using violence. What you expect of them.

Our kids got plenty of participation trophies. They knew those things were useless. They concentrated on the areas they were good at. Even at the teenage acting-out stages, they never disrespected us or authority.

Some of it is the genetic makeup of the kid--thank god for my husband and I. The rest is the balancing act of parenting without violence while still showing consequences. We were only semi good at it, but thankfully it was enough.

There are many ways to discipline a child without resorting to violence,.
Old 09-15-2020, 04:53 AM

Not condoning these actions but I, for one, am sick and tired of the misinformation out there about the real cause of deaths, numbers of infections, false test results, masks don’t work, masks are required, etc. Never before in history have such radical steps been taken especially when such a minute percentage of deaths have occurred in relation to the entire population and tge draconian measures being taken. Then, proven treatments like Hydroxochloroquine are wittheld by the CDC and others. Never before has such a pandemic been politicized so that people don't know what or who to believe so they get very frustrated.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:18 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,556 Times in 595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
No one has “become” a wack job. They a,ways were and just have another platform to act like psychos about. Nothing new
Closed Thread

Tags
mask, wearing, feel, employees, deal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.