Reactions of people who are requested to wear a mask

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2020, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
No, even a governor does NOT have that power under the Constitution of the United States. A "state of emergency" does not trump the US Constitution.

A portion of the 14th amendment to the US Constitution:
No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

Once you accept masks and other BS, will you hand over your guns when they declare another "state of emergency".

What are the limits of a state of emergency? Answer: the US Constitution.
See the bolded underlined thing in the quote you quoted? Life, liberty. The government cannot deprive anyone of either of those things without due process.

And so - if the general population is at risk of losing their life (to the virus) or liberty (to having to be isolated as a result of the virus) then - it is their duty to do what they can to prevent that risk of loss.

Mandating masks can reduce that risk of loss.

My life and liberty is more important than your freedom to uncover your face.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:50 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcooper70 View Post
Is there something wrong with wearing a mask when entering a store? What am I missing?
There’s nothing wrong with wearing a mask in a store if you choose. There’s also nothing wrong with not wearing one if you choose and don’t believe in them. So many people are missing the point. This is the United States of America. We don’t just fall in line every time somebody says to do this or do that regardless of whether it makes any sense or not.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:53 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
No, even a governor does NOT have that power under the Constitution of the United States. A "state of emergency" does not trump the US Constitution.

A portion of the 14th amendment to the US Constitution:
No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

Once you accept masks and other BS, will you hand over your guns when they declare another "state of emergency".

What are the limits of a state of emergency? Answer: the US Constitution.
Well, this is what I had heard regarding a state of emergency in a state.. That said, I totally agree with you. We are Americans in the Constitution provides us our civil liberties. Nothing can override that.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
There’s nothing wrong with wearing a mask in a store if you choose. There’s also nothing wrong with not wearing one if you choose and don’t believe in them. So many people are missing the point. This is the United States of America. We don’t just fall in line every time somebody says to do this or do that regardless of whether it makes any sense or not.
There is also nothing wrong with business that is NOT government-owned, such as a supermarket, requiring visitors to wear masks.

The constitutional right to privacy is about the government's responsibility, and citizens' rights on government property. It is not about businesses that are not government-owned. Those businesses are on private property, not government property. You have no constitutional right to be on someone else's private property, with or without a mask. The owner of that property has the right to kick you out if they don't want you there (as long as the reason doesn't violate anti-discrimination laws).
Old 09-15-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
There is also nothing wrong with business that is NOT government-owned, such as a supermarket, requiring visitors to wear masks.

The constitutional right to privacy is about the government's responsibility, and citizens' rights on government property. It is not about businesses that are not government-owned. Those businesses are on private property, not government property. You have no constitutional right to be on someone else's private property, with or without a mask. The owner of that property has the right to kick you out if they don't want you there (as long as the reason doesn't violate anti-discrimination laws).

You have it right.

The stores are free to mandate the wearing of masks, just like customers having to wear a shirt or shoes. Non-mask wearers are free to go to another store if they don't like that. But wearing a mask seems like the most community-spirited and neighborly thing one can do.

I suspect the woman in that first video at KFC was on some sort of drug, or has mental problems. If she's carrying a blanket around with her, she's probably homeless and most likely is crazy. You have to feel sorry in that we don't have enough places for her to go to get the treatment she needs.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
Not condoning these actions but I, for one, am sick and tired of the misinformation out there about the real cause of deaths, numbers of infections, false test results, masks don’t work, masks are required, etc. Never before in history have such radical steps been taken especially when such a minute percentage of deaths have occurred in relation to the entire population and tge draconian measures being taken. Then, proven treatments like Hydroxochloroquine are wittheld by the CDC and others. Never before has such a pandemic been politicized so that people don't know what or who to believe so they get very frustrated.

It doesn't help when our leaders say one thing in private to reporters writing a book, and another thing to the public who are trying to understand whats the best way to protect themselves. And I want to know the true odds even though some may think they are small, and not be lied to. Because ultimately it is MY life they are playing with.

It was known from the very beginning that the threat is air-borne. Hence the wearing of masks makes perfect sense.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:08 AM

I’m totally sick of masks and believe it is necessary currently but we’ll see after keep????
Old 09-15-2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post

The point is that the store owner has the perfect right to refuse service to those who do not wear a mask. (just like there have been an isolated one or two store owners who refuse to serve people who do wear masks)

That is the point. You don't have to wear a mask, but you don't have the right to demand service from someone who doesn't want to serve you.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
See the bolded underlined thing in the quote you quoted? Life, liberty. The government cannot deprive anyone of either of those things without due process.

And so - if the general population is at risk of losing their life (to the virus) or liberty (to having to be isolated as a result of the virus) then - it is their duty to do what they can to prevent that risk of loss.

Mandating masks can reduce that risk of loss.

My life and liberty is more important than your freedom to uncover your face.
Your last sentence is what is the issue. Your liberty cannot deny another theirs.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,048 Times in 2,738 Posts

Maskhole - a selfish inconsiderate idiot who refuses to wear a mask
Old 09-15-2020, 08:41 AM

Just looked it up. As of this yesterday’s close, 9-14-20, total Florida cases of Caronavirus is 666,000, total deaths in Florida blamed by coronavirus 12,600. THAT IS 1.8% death rate. I am so over the fear of contracting this virus. If people are waiting for this virus to be eradicated from existence, it’s never gonna happen vaccine or no vaccine. Dangerous viruses from many many years ago are still killing people today. The SARS virus and swine flu are still killing people today and it’s been 12 years. Life is a risk. Wash your hands often, if you feel your health makes you at a much higher risk of death then wear your mask if that makes you feel secure. As far as me, I’m going on with my life just like before the virus. Im confident that even if I was to contract it that I will be one of the 98.2% who survive. P . S. Please don’t be taken in by those who say “ there is a possibility that if you contract this virus and recover you may have long term lung or heart issues. That is a way to make you conform to keep you in fear to the way they want you to react. They have no clue for Gods sake the virus is 6 mos old. You could say that about any virus or flu.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:03 AM
Location: Yakima, WA, around the country to the village of Amelia!

It saddens me that there are so many people that care nothing about others. It’s not about whether they will get sick, it’s about who you spread it to. If we were all loving, caring adults, wearing a mask to prevent the spread of a virus wouldn’t be an issue. But the government has to get involved to get people to be responsible and everybody goes berserk about their “rights”. For the most part, mask wearing flattened the curve enough to prevent triage of patients to the grim reaper when hospitals became overwhelmed. If nothing else, consider the truckloads of virus victims scattered through NYC when the virus was at it’s worst there. I would suspect that most people in this country know a healthcare worker. Why no respect for them? I have a friend who lost 6 people to the virus, one was her brother. This is not a hoax. People are paying with their lives because others can’t be bothered. If we all loved each other enough to do what we can to prevent it, government intervention would never be necessary.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

When we were the UNITED States, this topic would be null and void. Everything now is based on what we don't like or who we don't like.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Those who wear masks can be just as bad. Sad how we jump to condemn others so quickly. Bet every one of us has done something to raise the eyebrows of others.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:35 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,063 Times in 532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Osmond View Post
Good points, OrangeBlossomBaby! In most of the videos of people being resistant to wearing masks I've seen the individual looked to be at least middle aged. Not to mention participation trophies have been around since World War I so you can't even put that on Millennials and Gen Zers. Entitlement knows no generation.
There were no participation trophies when I was a kid, I'm 74. I never heard them until the 1980s, when Gen Y started giving them out for just showing up.
Closed Thread

Tags
mask, wearing, feel, employees, deal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.