Recession or just pandemic recovery?

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2022, 11:36 AM

An excellent link to "are we in a recession or not?"

GDP: So are we in a recession, or not? - CNN
Old 07-29-2022, 08:12 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,083 Times in 295 Posts

I've lived through too many recessions to remember them all. I waited in line for gas in the 70's. I lived through the Nixon-Carter inflation and the Reagan cure.

But I have never seen empty shelves at Wal-Mart or a baby formula shortage. I have never seen 100% inflation at the grocery store while the gooberment told me is was 8%. I have never see a foreign invasion of 2,000,000 aliens a year. I have never seen my country print 5 trillion dollars to pay people not to work.

There is no doubt that it's "different this time". But we've seen this, too, and it's got nothing to do with that stupid fake pandemic that only killed the same people who already had one foot in the grave.

This is what it looks like when a country comes unglued. We watched in happen to the Soviet Union 30 years ago, for the exact same reasons -- government lies and corruption.
Old 07-29-2022, 08:42 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,611 Times in 1,760 Posts

Recession. The situation is beyond awful and reprehensible.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
pandemic, power, recession, recovery, party

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.