Russian Technology

Closed Thread
Old 05-08-2022, 11:59 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,303 Times in 561 Posts
Default Russian Technology

With the Russian military shortcomings exposed, would China show interest in acquiring Russian Oil directly. Pondering how the United States would react that aggression!
Old 05-08-2022, 12:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
With the Russian military shortcomings exposed, would China show interest in acquiring Russian Oil directly. Pondering how the United States would react that aggression!
I would not call China getting oil from Russia aggression. Not in our best interests for sure but China is not exactly our best friend.
Old 05-08-2022, 12:39 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

The real test will come, if Russia decides to use tactical nukes in Ukraine. Will China, or the rest of the world for that matter, change their minds on the heretofore philosophy of MAD? I sure hope it never happens, but as Putin, the scumbag rat, becomes more cornered by continued military losses - who knows?
Old 05-08-2022, 01:38 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,969 Times in 754 Posts

Quote:
We will probably get a better deal from China on petroleum than we're getting from the oil companies. Just to mention their billions of profits first quarter of 2022.
Old 05-08-2022, 02:35 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
I don't understand this post at all. Sorry. I don't know what Russian military shortcomings you are referring to, other than the issue with them (Putin? underestimating Ukraine ability to resist). And how would that impact whether China would buy Russian oil? And why would we consider that an act of aggression? We have no treaty with China saying they have to obey our sanctions?

My brother called me yesterday, he is a VERY conservative individual, and asked me about the news he keeps hearing about how Russian will beat up in a confrontation because they have more Nukes. I stopped watching conservative Media a while back, so I didn't know what he was talking about. He watches NewsMax (or something like that) and said they are reporting Russian is more advanced than we are, and they have more nukes.

America has a very well prepare military. Yes, Russia MAY have more Nukes than we do, I think the estimates are 1500 compared to 900 (or something like that). But, it only takes about 25 or so getting through to destroy Russian, or to Destroy us. So, let's just say we both have a little more than over kill. A pentagon official said recently that they have been war gaming the Ukraine conflict and every senecio that involves nukes escalates to MAD, they have not found any path that does not lead to out mutual destruction. As a movie once said, there ONLY way to win is to not play.
Old 05-08-2022, 03:15 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,969 Times in 754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
I don't understand this post at all. Sorry. I don't know what Russian military shortcomings you are referring to, other than the issue with them (Putin? underestimating Ukraine ability to resist). And how would that impact whether China would buy Russian oil? And why would we consider that an act of aggression? We have no treaty with China saying they have to obey our sanctions?

My brother called me yesterday, he is a VERY conservative individual, and asked me about the news he keeps hearing about how Russian will beat up in a confrontation because they have more Nukes. I stopped watching conservative Media a while back, so I didn't know what he was talking about. He watches NewsMax (or something like that) and said they are reporting Russian is more advanced than we are, and they have more nukes.

America has a very well prepare military. Yes, Russia MAY have more Nukes than we do, I think the estimates are 1500 compared to 900 (or something like that). But, it only takes about 25 or so getting through to destroy Russian, or to Destroy us. So, let's just say we both have a little more than over kill. A pentagon official said recently that they have been war gaming the Ukraine conflict and every senecio that involves nukes escalates to MAD, they have not found any path that does not lead to out mutual destruction. As a movie once said, there ONLY way to win is to not play.
I stream TV get OAN, Newsmax, and Fox it seems they are very positive to Russia and if you want an off the wall freak info Wars all 4 are betting on Russia. The best example is Waffle House during the daylight hours there fine but the freaks do come on in the evening.
Old 05-08-2022, 09:26 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,303 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
I would not call China getting oil from Russia aggression. Not in our best interests for sure but China is not exactly our best friend.
If China moved on Russia , whose side would we take?
Old 05-08-2022, 11:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

China is out for China...period, The will do whatever is in their interest

None of us thought that Russia's military was the joke that it is...they are inept, which makes the nuke threat real
Old 05-09-2022, 04:17 AM
Default Russian oil

Quote:
#1 Open up our pipeline
#2 Encourage safe drilling
#3 lower our oil costs = lower all other costs
#4 Export as much as needed to our allies
#5 Stop opposing safe natural gas & oil within the allies
Old 05-09-2022, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by egmcaninch View Post
#1 Open up our pipeline
#2 Encourage safe drilling
#3 lower our oil costs = lower all other costs
#4 Export as much as needed to our allies
#5 Stop opposing safe natural gas & oil within the allies

#1 Which "our pipeline" are you refering to?
#2 God, I hope we do that all the time
#3 How do we "lower our oil costs" when "we" don't own the oil companies?
#4 How do we oppose safe natural gas & oil?
Old 05-09-2022, 04:38 AM
Veteran member
Default It depends on the price

China's main concern is China. If the oil is offered to them at a good price they will most likely start buying. When you get down to it every country does what is best for themselves. The U.S. for years has purchase things from somewhat unfriendly countries either because of the demand of the American people or simply because of price.
Old 05-09-2022, 04:49 AM
Platinum member
Default The good, the bad and the ugly

If putin lets the nuclear genie out of the lamp he will have demonstrated a mind set capable of initiating a first strike vs anyone.
The war game scenarios will be dusted off and both china and the usa will start to bring their own preemptive nuclear decapitation strikes plans to the forefront. Let's hope there are some powerful people in russia who saw the movie, the dead zone.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220509-054729.jpg
Views:	969
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	93663  
Old 05-09-2022, 05:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredsteve View Post
#1 Which "our pipeline" are you refering to?
#2 God, I hope we do that all the time
#3 How do we "lower our oil costs" when "we" don't own the oil companies?
#4 How do we oppose safe natural gas & oil?
It is called the law of supply and demand. There have been several times the oil and the energy exploration sector had been devastated. I know since I have relatives in the business.

Oil was around $50 a barrel in Jan 2020. Then US policy changed and became hostile to new pipelines and oil exploration and drilling. So unsurprisingly oil prices climbed to over $90 pre Ukraine invasion. If you want lower prices and lower oil company profits, then drill baby drill.

I recommend you seek out alternative news sources. Oil Price Charts | Oilprice.com

Last edited by ithos; 05-09-2022 at 05:13 AM. Reason: add chart
Old 05-09-2022, 05:25 AM
Veteran member

Here is another thought on using tactical nukes. While it is certainly possible and where she would do this. It would destroy about 15 to 20% of the world's production of grain. If they only used one or two bombs would probably destroyed $50,000 100,000 ukrainians but quite probably close to the same amount of Russian soldiers and caused massive radiation sickness do another quarter million people. We always talk about mad Mutual assured destruction oh, but I'm pretty sure the heads of state of the Free World would probably do nothing cuz they would not want to go to the Second Step afterwards. This is just one scenario. Of course we have at least six or a countries with atomic weapon tree in Europe alone and it would be certain repercussions depending on whether or not we did anything back so I sure would be worried that North Korea for a Muslim state would look at this as free will to do what they want with their weaponry also.
Further you going to have China deciding to attack Taiwan, if the US does very little more to protect the Ukraine..
What I would really like to see happen now over the next month, would be for most of the small non-aligned countries as well as some of the larger ones such as Canada, Mexico, Aruba, Brazil, South Africa, put together a large Force who actually go into Ukraine to help fight Russia.

Canada has about 50 fighter aircraft old but usable and about 80 leopard tanks so they could easily send over to the Ukraine right now. There are about four Muslim countries Saudi Arabia and Egypt could have huge stock piles of equipment. They are trying to sit it out but since we helped Kuwait I think all the favors must be pulled in at this time. No the u.s. do not have to provide soldiers since is probably 30 million soldiers available in all of these other countries. What I suggest is pretty scary I think when the first plane load of soldiers lands, putin will decide the war is unwinable and had enough death. After all that's what a really UN would be doing. Or a strong American president to bring together free countries to fight a dictator
Old 05-09-2022, 06:17 AM

Remember, Winston Churchill once said nations do not have friends only self interests.
Closed Thread

Tags
russian, oil, react, states, united

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.