Russian Technology

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2022, 12:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
So, you are defending Russia's position?
Nope. Ours.
Old 05-09-2022, 12:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
So, you are defending Russia's position?
Nope. Ours. What does America have to gain by interfering in this conflict? Opposed, that is, to what we stand to lose if Putin does go to his nukes?

Personally I don't really care which country--Russia or Ukraine--wins. None of my business.
Old 05-09-2022, 03:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
With the Russian military shortcomings exposed, would China show interest in acquiring Russian Oil directly. Pondering how the United States would react that aggression!
History is interesting What would happen- IF. Is history controlled? Can history be controlled? They were not supposed to do that.

NATO. An attack on one is an attack on all. WOW but what does that mean. Russia, China, the US are all nuclear powers. Most of us have no comprehension of what nuclear war would mean. Climate change?

Duck and cover? I have a heavy steel desk. Can I even get under my desk? Is there room for my wife? Choice, would you choose a quick death or a slow one.

I am thankful I can complain and I do not need to make the choices.
Old 05-09-2022, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
My wife commented this morning that every time a person talks or quotes the "rising price of a gallon of gasoline," you should have to show the record profits of the oil companies whining about cost try a comparison to profit too.
The largest fuel Companies Shell Reports Record $9 Billion Quarterly Profit 2022 1st quarter As Oil And Gas Prices Surged

ExxonMobil DOUBLES its profits and intends to triple its buybacks while Chevron more than TRIPLES its profits, raking in it highest returns since 2012

Said it before ... sayin' it again ... Big oil is ripping off consumers and profiteering off of the Ukrainian war.
You just don't start to drill and out of the ground pops oil. Many oil drilling companies in 2020 folded due to the pandemic when oil was a $40 a barrel
We ALL have choices to make. Oil, record profits etc etc etc. We all have the option to buy stock in oil companies. I did. By the way oil company stocks were down today. Perhaps, an opportunity to buy in,

The Ukrainian war? We will not know how this will end. History is interesting no shortage of theories for WWII, had Chamberland stood up to Hitler in the beginning the horror that was WWII would not have happened. In reality we will never know THE PATH NOT TAKEN.

The US has a pledge to defend Ukraine because as part of the Cuban Missal crisis, they agreed to remove missals aimed at Russia.

A solution, I DO NOT SEE ANY GOOD ONE. Chance of Putin, first of all he will not be calling ME for my opinion. Chance of Putin saying sorry world not only are we pulling out of Ukraine but Russia will bankrupt itself to restore Ukraine. What about civilians killed in Ukraine due to attacking population centers?
Old 05-09-2022, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
We ALL have choices to make. Oil, record profits etc etc etc. We all have the option to buy stock in oil companies. I did. By the way oil company stocks were down today. Perhaps, an opportunity to buy in,

The Ukrainian war? We will not know how this will end. History is interesting no shortage of theories for WWII, had Chamberland stood up to Hitler in the beginning the horror that was WWII would not have happened. In reality we will never know THE PATH NOT TAKEN.

The US has a pledge to defend Ukraine because as part of the Cuban Missal crisis, they agreed to remove missals aimed at Russia.

A solution, I DO NOT SEE ANY GOOD ONE. Chance of Putin, first of all he will not be calling ME for my opinion. Chance of Putin saying sorry world not only are we pulling out of Ukraine but Russia will bankrupt itself to restore Ukraine. What about civilians killed in Ukraine due to attacking population centers?
Hopefully sooner rather than later his generals will decide they are tired of dying for Putin and will remove him from office. Hopefully with someone whom the world can work with and be at peace with.
Old 05-09-2022, 04:29 PM
Platinum member
Default Eeney meeney miney mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
history is interesting what would happen- if. Is history controlled? Can history be controlled? They were not supposed to do that.

Nato. An attack on one is an attack on all. Wow but what does that mean. Russia, china, the us are all nuclear powers. Most of us have no comprehension of what nuclear war would mean. Climate change?

Duck and cover? I have a heavy steel desk. Can i even get under my desk? Is there room for my wife? Choice, would you choose a quick death or a slow one.

I am thankful i can complain and i do not need to make the choices.
point 1. Quick death
point 2. If you voted you have already made a choice
Old 05-09-2022, 04:34 PM
Veteran member
Default You have to stop them somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Nope. Ours. What does America have to gain by interfering in this conflict? Opposed, that is, to what we stand to lose if Putin does go to his nukes?

Personally I don't really care which country--Russia or Ukraine--wins. None of my business.
If you do nothing your right we won't have to worry about nukes and Putin won't have to worry about rolling tanks up Pennsylvania Ave.

If there is anything you had to learn from WWII when you appease a tyrant their not going to stop until they rule the world.
Old 05-09-2022, 06:46 PM
Platinum member
Default Point of order

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
we all have choices to make. Oil, record profits etc etc etc. We all have the option to buy stock in oil companies. I did. By the way oil company stocks were down today. Perhaps, an opportunity to buy in,

the ukrainian war? We will not know how this will end. History is interesting no shortage of theories for wwii, had chamberland stood up to hitler in the beginning the horror that was wwii would not have happened. In reality we will never know the path not taken.

The us has a pledge to defend ukraine because as part of the cuban missal crisis, they agreed to remove missals aimed at russia.

A solution, i do not see any good one. Chance of putin, first of all he will not be calling me for my opinion. Chance of putin saying sorry world not only are we pulling out of ukraine but russia will bankrupt itself to restore ukraine. What about civilians killed in ukraine due to attacking population centers?
fyi
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220509-194307__01.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	93678  
Old 05-09-2022, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
With the Russian military shortcomings exposed, would China show interest in acquiring Russian Oil directly. Pondering how the United States would react that aggression!
Sanction China?
Old 05-10-2022, 08:14 AM

I think the Chinese have a bigger problem than who they get oil from . China has only 12 and 1/2 percent renewable clean water . Look at China’s imports of clean drinking water . Their land and air is polluted. Importing oil is not aggression. Now how they pay for oil is a different story . What currency do they use ?
Old 05-10-2022, 09:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You’re exactly right that’s why I posted what I did. Thanks for your comment!
Old 05-10-2022, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine1974 View Post
I think the Chinese have a bigger problem than who they get oil from . China has only 12 and 1/2 percent renewable clean water . Look at China’s imports of clean drinking water . Their land and air is polluted. Importing oil is not aggression. Now how they pay for oil is a different story . What currency do they use ?
Water in China so polluted cannot even use it to brush your teeth. Hotels give you two bottles of filtered water each day and even leave it in bathroom to give you the idea. Only way to safely drink it is to boil it to kill what is living in it.
Old 05-11-2022, 04:52 AM
Veteran member

What's the over/under on Putin? I'm guessing less than 6 months.

‘Cancer-stricken’ Putin watches military parade with BLANKET over his legs as rumours swirl around tyrant'''s health
Old 05-11-2022, 03:39 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,303 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caymus View Post
Yes, I read an article in a New York rag that Putin is to have intestinal surgery this month! Cross your fingers and hope for the best!
Closed Thread

Tags
russian, oil, react, states, united

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.