Says it all

Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2020, 12:24 AM
Default Says it all

Covid is on the rise

The Villages Florida

Last edited by thomp679; 06-26-2020 at 01:59 AM.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:27 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
Covid is on the rise

The Villages Florida
And that attitude is going to take thousands more lives than necessary. Listen to the doctors and scientists if you carE about living.
Old 06-26-2020, 04:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,350 Times in 2,506 Posts

Coronavirus: Ministers 'reluctant' to close beaches over crowds - BBC News

All under control here in UK as well.
Old 06-26-2020, 10:56 AM
John41

wearing a mask and social distancing in public areas is such a minor inconvenience compared to overcrowding hospitals and shutting down the economy.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,016 Times in 5,320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
wearing a mask and social distancing in public areas is such a minor inconvenience compared to overcrowding hospitals and shutting down the economy.
Very true
Old 06-27-2020, 01:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
These are my thoughts about the shutting down of the economy. Between you, me and the lamp post, I honestly believe we could have not shut down the economy at all. What needed to be done (VERY EARLY ON) was for the government to mandate mask wearing in all public spaces, indoors and outdoors with very strict social distancing. If caught not adhering to these mandates, fine the offenders heavily.This should have been done for, at most, one month to be sure. Keeping the economy open, our economy would not have tanked and the curve would have flattened before it even rose.

Anyone who did not want to wear a mask for those four weeks, could have stayed in their homes.

Do you think that would have worked for us?
Old 06-27-2020, 01:22 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

[quote=coffeebean;1793199]these are my thoughts about the shutting down of the economy. Between you, me and the lamp post, i honestly believe we could have not shut down the economy at all. What needed to be done (very early on) was for the government to mandate mask wearing in all public spaces, indoors and outdoors with very strict social distancing. If caught not adhering to these mandates, fine the offenders heavily.this should have been done for, at most, one month to be sure. Keeping the economy open, our economy would not have tanked and the curve would have flattened before it even rose.

Anyone who did not want to wear a mask for those four weeks, could have stayed in their homes.

Do you think that would have worked for us?[/quote

"AMEN"
Old 06-27-2020, 02:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
What needed to be done (VERY EARLY ON) was for the government to mandate mask wearing in all public spaces, indoors and outdoors with very strict social distancing. If caught not adhering to these mandates, fine the offenders heavily.

Do you think that would have worked for us?
In hindsight, perhaps. But in the beginning, public health officials here and in many other countries were actively advising people NOT to wear masks unless they were ill. There is also no way production could have been ramped up quickly enough to provide masks for hundreds of millions.

I feel that agencies were doing what they thought best and don't blame anyone in particular, but the immense amount of scientific theories, misinformation, confusion, studies, and almost weekly changes, retractions and updates by health officials certainly contributed to COVID-19 fatigue and encouraged some people to no care or even believe anything.
Old 06-27-2020, 02:43 PM

Hey lady, please take him back.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	wrong husband.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	84877  
Old 06-27-2020, 03:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
In hindsight, perhaps. But in the beginning, public health officials here and in many other countries were actively advising people NOT to wear masks unless they were ill. There is also no way production could have been ramped up quickly enough to provide masks for hundreds of millions.

I feel that agencies were doing what they thought best and don't blame anyone in particular, but the immense amount of scientific theories, misinformation, confusion, studies, and almost weekly changes, retractions and updates by health officials certainly contributed to COVID-19 fatigue and encouraged some people to no care or even believe anything.
NOPE......don't agree with this. As soon as we got the word to cover our faces, even with a bandana, Americans got to work. YouTube was flooded with instructional videos on how to make home made masks......masks of all types including no sew masks that required normal household items.

Our government FAILED US BIG TIME and I'm so disappointed in them! I can not say that enough and emphasize how important it was for them to give us the correct guidance early on in this pandemic. When we were finally told to cover our faces, they requested that Americans not purchase PPE that was meant for our first line responders and front line health care workers. That is why there were and are so many home made masks being worn. Americans knew what needed to be done and we did it!

Last edited by coffeebean; 06-27-2020 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:16 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Your one sentence captures the bottom line as well as anything I've read on this forum. Well said
Old 07-02-2020, 11:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
Your one sentence captures the bottom line as well as anything I've read on this forum. Well said
Thank you!
Old 07-02-2020, 12:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

I am so happy to hear this conversation on masks! Even the President said he likes the Lone Ranger look when he wears the mask. I haven’t seen him wear one yet but it would be a great example for all those mask phobic individuals. I think the more we learn about this virus the better we know how to control it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.