Should all dogs be muzzled?

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2021, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,012 Times in 1,739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
IMO It’s not reel leash, it the owner. The reel leash has lock on it. anytime anybody within 20 feet the leash should be locked at 3 feet. Anybody walking needs to avoid dogs period, owners walking dogs needs to avoid people period. I gladly move away from dogs, people, golf carts, bicycle riders when out walking.

IMO You mask opinion is just that opinion. After last February you could not get N95 masks. They were reserved mainly for first responders and health care workers. They was and never been 330 million plus N95 masks available.
You are right, there were not enough n95 masks available at any time and they did need to be reserved for the first line workers.

I am just dreaming... still if we had put our effort into controlling the virus...to me wearing a mask is comparable to wearing gloves or socks, no biggie. Skiers wear it for cold - something so much less significant. We would at this time have the virus under control. Not just my opinion, I got the info from medical people. But why would anyone believe them? Why would anyone believe any one? We are in a society with people who prefer fairy tales.
Old 02-08-2021, 07:34 PM

I don’t think dogs should be allowed in restaurants and bars. I’ve been to Cody’s and seen dogs lunge at people. I love animals but I’m tired of them being in restaurants where I eat. Or getting hit with a stroller with a dog in it.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:51 PM

I have not read all the replies so I apologize if I am doubling up on one . . .

Making your query UNhypothetical -- No. I would not muzzle all dogs.

However, what should be done is to muzzle all humans. YES!

Yes -- give all unmuzzled dogs a wide range when passing them on the street.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

People who act like rabid dogs ready to bite you head off when you ask them to wear a mask a d keep their distance should be muzzled.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

All unvaccinated dog owners should be on a short leash, wearing a muzzle.
Any dog walking an unleashed or unmuzzled owner should be impounded.
All vaccinated people should be unmuzzled, and dancing and getting p****d up at the squares!
Old 02-09-2021, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Ah, but also going along with your playing along with my analogy, if everyone is vaccinated, and only have a 90% efficacy, then everyone could still be vulnerable by those that may be carrying the virus that have been vaccinated. Your hypothetical suggests that "others may unknowingly be carrying" even though they are protected.

My suggestion is that it is not one person's responsibility to protect you. It is your responsibility to protect yourself. Otherwise, you are handicapped and reliant on others for your well being.
My question remains, is everyone supposed to be punished/penalized for the faults of one? I know my answer, but others do not seem to see the fallacy of expecting others to be "my brother's keeper."
Bingo! Thank you...I’ll take care of myself..
Old 02-09-2021, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
People who act like rabid dogs ready to bite you head off when you ask them to wear a mask a d keep their distance should be muzzled.
People who tell others what to do are acting like rabid dogs, there is no mandatory masks while people are out walking outside..BTW this dog will bite back if provoked...
Old 02-09-2021, 06:21 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
No, some dogs don’t deserve to be muzzled but... no leashes longer than 6 feet should be allowed if walking off your property. A long leash is useless - equivalent to no leash at all. You can’t control any dog with a retractable leash, I know I’ve had them and the dogs too. Then a walker can keep 6ft from the dog and be pretty safe. Other than that be prepared for any dog to get startled and attack.

(Sorry for not going along with the analogy. But all people who can should wear masks N95 ones, if we had done it in March there would have been no lockdowns, the economy would be booming, we would still have president Trump. We would be free in our country at least everywhere, maybe not international travel. One month folks, it’s all it takes, and that would mean wearing a mask everywhere and by everyone pretty well. But the “ma rights” people prefer the ravages of Covid.)
Finally, one person here has common sense. Thank you for your responsible comments
Old 02-09-2021, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Hypothetical.
A friend of mine was walking through his neighborhood in the Villages and as he walked past a neighbor walking his dog, the dog lunged at him and bit him. Not severely, but the shock that it could have been serious, scared him as well as the dog's owner.

Question:
Should ALL dogs be muzzled when they are not on their own property?
What distance should one pass a leashed dog in the street for their safety?
If the dog has been vaccinated for rabies, can he still carry the virus?

Even though only one of many dogs in the Villages is guilty of biting a passing stranger, should ALL dogs then be muzzled to protect other folks, just in case? Or should you maintain a "social distance" from walking dogs to protect yourself? If the dog is on a leash that is only six foot long and under control of the owner, is it the owner's responsibility to put a muzzle on the dog IF you decide to approach or is it your responsibility to maintain a safe distance to protect yourself? What if the owner tells you that his dog has never ever bitten or attempted to bite anyone, ever? Do you still approach that dog IF you are worried about being bitten?

So, would you muzzle all the dogs in America, if one dog that had rabies bit someone and they died? If so, even after hearing that most dogs were vaccinated?

Does this argument sound familiar?
Hint: This has nothing to do with animals.
I choose the quick answer. Yes, everyone should wear a mask when out of his/her own home. Not only does a mask protect the wearer, it is the responsible action to protect others. Be a responsible adult, who cares about others - WEAR A MASK.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Hypothetical.
A friend of mine was walking through his neighborhood in the Villages and as he walked past a neighbor walking his dog, the dog lunged at him and bit him. Not severely, but the shock that it could have been serious, scared him as well as the dog's owner.

Question:

Even though only one of many dogs in the Villages is guilty of biting a passing stranger, should ALL dogs then be muzzled to protect other folks, just in case? Or should you maintain a "social distance" from walking dogs to protect yourself? If the dog is on a leash that is only six foot long and under control of the owner, is it the owner's responsibility to put a muzzle on the dog IF you decide to approach or is it your responsibility to maintain a safe distance to protect yourself? What if the owner tells you that his dog has never ever bitten or attempted to bite anyone, ever? Do you still approach that dog IF you are worried about being bitten?

So, would you muzzle all the dogs in America, if one dog that had rabies bit someone and they died? If so, even after hearing that most dogs were vaccinated?

I believe Byte1 was asking if the Dog can still have the rabies virus if it has been vaccinated...
Old 02-09-2021, 07:03 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

A great many assumptions and many may be all wrong. I know people who became ill and THEY WORE MASKS ALL THE TIME. Just because someone does not want the shot (I am one) does not make them an anti vaxxer. I will wait and see, if you do not grow another head, and some of you NEED another head, I will consider it. If you think people will tolerate the loss of their freedoms SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU you can go to you know where.
Old 02-09-2021, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Hypothetical.

Question:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2021, 07:40 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

A high percentage of those who are anti-vaccine or chafing at wearing masks, because of the supposed "freedoms" being lost, had basically no problems with the multitude of freedoms lost after 9/11. So, what's the dif?
Old 02-09-2021, 07:42 AM

Just something else for you to worry about. Do you leave the house each day looking for something else that would prevent you having happiness in TV?
Old 02-09-2021, 07:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
A 90% or better chance that you are not carrying it added to the 90% chance that it will not adversely affect me is good enough for me. Take either of those away and additional measures are necessary.

"Not one's responsibility to protect you." I believe that argument has been tried with both HIV and measles with poor outcomes.

"Faults of one." It is hard to call it someone's fault for catching an invisible virus that they were unwittingly exposed to. If someone is a carrier of a disease, and right now everyone is a potential carrier, then society asks (and sometimes demands) that the carrier take precautions to protect the vulnerable that they come into contact with, and right now nearly everyone is vulnerable.

All this can change when two milestones are met: 1. everyone who desires to be vaccinated is vaccinated; and, 2. new infections drop to near zero. The first milestone is the 90/90 point and it is safe to assume both that you won't be exposed and that you won't die if you are. The second milestone is simply an indication that the 90/90 point has been attained.
Ah, but your "milestone" is impossible unless you MANDATE conformance. You said "everyone who desires to be vaccinated is vaccinated; and, 2. new infections drop to near zero." Not everyone will "desire to be vaccinated" therefore, you are mandating total future mandated compliance with mask wearing. And the only way to your 90% no infections is to eradicate the virus, which can only be done with herd immunity. So, you are asking(?) or actually REQUIRING a mask mandate.
With your HIV correlation, everyone would be mandated to wear a condom, regardless of whether or not they could or wished to have sex. So that association with today's issue is not relative.

Tags
dog, dogs, distance, muzzled, protect

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.