Is this a sign of the times?

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2020, 11:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnWM158 View Post
This was proven to be a message from a foreign entity and not from any American Political party
Much of the disruption has its seed in foreign land, as it did in 2016.

However, our government does not condemn as it happens and happily passes on the messages.

The source is bad and worth discussion, but why you avoid these things as if they were not happening, or pretending it is only “one side”, is alarming.

I want the country to win, not a singular party or candidate.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:28 PM

We already are experiencing rioting , looting and
violence toward our police departments. Now we see violence toward citizens at political events . I’m sure it will even get worse with one of the possible outcomes of the Presidential election. 4 hours notice is extreme , I hope the national Guard get some kind of compensation for their time .
Old 10-26-2020, 12:33 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
You are right. Only one side is making threats..

"Voters in Alaska and Florida reported receiving emails on Tuesday that threatened "vote for Trump or else!" — messages that have prompted investigations in both states.

"You are currently registered as a Democrat and we know this because we have gained access into the entire voting infrastructure," said one of the emails obtained by Alaska Public Media. "You will vote for Trump on Election Day or we will come after you. Change your party affiliation to Republican to let us know you received our message and will comply."

Emails Warning 'Vote For Trump Or Else!' Sent To Voters In Florida And Alaska : NPR

Is there a real safety threat to NC voters? | WLOS
Try to keep up. That is disinformation from Iran and Russia. Did you miss the FBI Alert on Television the other day?
Old 10-26-2020, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
My son is a member of our state's National Guard and has been given notice that he and all the members need to be ready on a 4 hour notice to deal with anticipated civil unrest during and following the upcoming election. I can't imagine the example we are displaying to the rest of the world who used to look at our democracy as a system of guidance. I expect most, if not all, of the states are taking similar precautions. Sad !!!
I can assuire you the world doesn't look at the USA as a shining example of democracy. In fact, over the last four years it has become a laughing stock around the world
Old 10-26-2020, 01:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Try to keep up. That is disinformation from Iran and Russia. Did you miss the FBI Alert on Television the other day?
Thanks for your concern. Believe me, I am trying to "keep up".

The quote is from a local North Carolina newspaper about the election cycle in North Carolina and the "stars" of it are local affiliations with USA politician.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
I hate to say it, but after reading all of the replies from this one thread it would appear as if the Florida National Guard may have to be called to The Villages !!!! Are we going to go back to the "Friendliest Home Town" after this election or is our community going to be so divided we all won't even be able to go to the same Rec Center again? There is so much bitterness in these replies that it reminds me of my history classes when we learned about the events leading up to the Civil War where it was brother against brother and neighbor against neighbor. I can see it now, before you can enter a pool you will have to show your voter registration card indicating a D or an R instead of your Villager ID. For me, I'm voting for Jimmy Buffett for President !!!!!
CV is causing an acceleration of change according to History experts. The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer - this was basically caused by Federal tax policy. CV has accelerated that wealth disparity. Even the bubble of TV Land has been affected....polarized. Sometimes over minute and non-productive issues, like wearing masks. Bizzare ideas of conspiracy are being circulated. A lot of the strangeness and hostility started as a backlash against the 1st Black President. Society got into a whiplash of the left of center against the right of center. The next months until Jan 20th is going to be filled with some magnitude (large or small) of drama and unrest. Hopefully, the pendulum will swing back to a moderate middle.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:32 PM
Sage

A few months ago a columnist from the Irish Times wrote this.....

"“Over more than two centuries, the United States has stirred a very wide range of feelings in the rest of the world: love and hatred, fear and hope, envy and contempt, awe and anger. But there is one emotion that has never been directed towards the US until now: pity,”

Did an Irish Times Column Express 'Pity' for the US?

then this from the Pittsburgh newspaper

Timothy Egan: The world is taking pity on us | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

In Germany....

US election 2020: Why it matters so much to Germans - BBC News

In Canada...

"TORONTO -- Canadians’ opinions of their neighbour and biggest trading partner sank to record lows over the past year, with more than three in five Canadians holding an unfavourable view of the United States and a growing minority who see the country as an enemy, according to the Environics Institute survey, Focus Canada, published on Thursday."

https://www.ctv

You can travel the globe and we are not respected any longer as a leader or in anyway
Old 10-26-2020, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Thread has gone political - closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
states, notice, taking, precautions, imagine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.