St Louis McCloskey Home protection

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2020, 06:58 AM

This case is reminiscent of the 2006 Duke University Lacrosse Team. The over-zealous Attorney General was eventually disbarred.

Let’s hope the same fate awaits this Attorney General.
Old 07-22-2020, 07:29 AM

From what I heard on the news (reliable or not) 300 to 500 “protesters” went into a gated community, stood in front of their house and shouted after your dead we will live in your house. That sounds scary to me. What were they supposed to do yell back ok but let us go in and make you dinner first !
Old 07-22-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
Thank goodness , the Governor of Missouri Mike Parson says he will Pardon the McCloskeys for protecting their home. St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner has charged them with illegal use of guns against the "innocent protesters" that broke into their community. MS Gardner claims she doesn't have time to process charges against murderers but couldn't resist charging this couple.
I would venture to guess that Kim Gardner was mentored by the Duke Lacrosse prosecutor. I would only hope that the final outcome would be the same.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek1957 View Post
This case is reminiscent of the 2006 Duke University Lacrosse Team. The over-zealous Attorney General was eventually disbarred.

Let’s hope the same fate awaits this Attorney General.
Just to clarify, the MO State Attorney General (Eric Schmitt) has been interviewed nationally and has expressed support and has filed an amicus brief in support of the McCloskeys.

The local Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner prosecuting the McCloskeys was previously involved with the shooting in Ferguson and indicted the previous MO Governor (Eric Greitens).
Old 07-22-2020, 08:39 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

I've never owned a gun. Never had the need or desire wherever I've lived. Including here in The Villages. BUT if we lived in an area that was subject to protests/crowds/upheaval THAT would change in a blink of the eye. I would be at Shooters World as a buyer and training etc. In many areas of the country, Law Enforcement response may be lacking - so you're on your own. I would not hesitate to react as this couple did. period.

I must think this a few times a day when glancing at current events...."Our Poor Country"....
Old 07-22-2020, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by varriano View Post
Just to clarify, the MO State Attorney General (Eric Schmitt) has been interviewed nationally and has expressed support and has filed an amicus brief in support of the McCloskeys.

The local Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner prosecuting the McCloskeys was previously involved with the shooting in Ferguson and indicted the previous MO Governor (Eric Greitens).
One would hope they would find a way to remove her from office before she can do further damage to law abiding citizens just looking to protect themselves.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:25 AM

Meh! I say lock them up!
Old 07-22-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
One would hope they would find a way to remove her from office before she can do further damage to law abiding citizens just looking to protect themselves.
That was my first thought after I had heard criminal charges were filed. The McCloskeys should start a recall movement to have her removed from office.
Old 07-22-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bubby View Post
Carrying Law of the state of Missouri....

State law does not prohibit the open carrying of firearms, but does prohibit exhibiting “any weapon readily capable of lethal use” in an angry or threatening manner in the presence of one or more persons. Mo. Rev. Stat. § 571.030.1(4).
Missouri also has the Castle Doctrine Law which covers them. The mob broke through a gate labelled no trespassing, trespassed on private property while armed and threatened them verbally. When it gets to where you can't protect your own property of self, it's time to either leave the country or overthrow whichever government is in charge of letting that happen. This prosecutor in St. Louis was elected when George Soros through a Super Pac funded her campaign. The fact she is ignoring state law should get her removed from office post haste!
Old 07-22-2020, 12:50 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

That misguided inept prosecutor should be locked up as well as sued penniless by the McCloskeys when this is over. How many rioters and looters is she prosecuting for their thousands of violent felonies?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 07-22-2020, 02:13 PM

Good news! They felt threatened. The protesters were trespassing and shouting threatening words. ☹️
Old 07-22-2020, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek1957 View Post
The only issue I found unnecessary was when Mrs. McCloskey appeared to have muzzle swept the protestors. That being stated, no shots were fired and no one was hurt.

The DA is wrong to file charges.
Just to add, her Gun was a toy..his had no bullets. That came out in court.
I love their courage...
Old 07-22-2020, 06:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,012 Times in 1,739 Posts

The couple was protecting their home and themselves. What I resent is that they had to do that in the first place. I don’t take too well to people trespassing on my property either, whatever their reason.
Closed Thread

Tags
louis, gardner, home, innocent, protestors

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.