In support of our police.

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2020, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
What do you think a rubber bullet would be good for? Name a few examples.
Flexible, more human law enforcement, for one!!!!
Old 09-07-2020, 04:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
I suppose that another gun, along with the stun gun/taser and their mace, flashlight, handcuffs, extra ammo pouch, and baton, etc. is just what they need. Amazing how many "neat" ideas folks come up with that have no experience in law enforcement. Personally, I do not think that rubber bullets against firearms works anywhere except in Batman movies. I have heard of rubber bullets and bean bags used in crowd control/riots, but I don't know if they worked very well. A good old fire hose works. That is what has been used to repel protesters attempting to board ships.
Swedish commercial vessels, in modern times, used stainless steel bows and arrows to repell boarders. I do not know any further details, but I have seen those bows.
Old 09-07-2020, 04:21 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
The racism problem did NOT start because of an election approaching. It was some video EVIDENCE of SEVERAL Police over-reactions and over-zealousness that lead to the deaths of SEVERAL Black men and women. It has been happening for 100s of years, but now it comes by video cell phone camera into people's TVs and living rooms. Empathy sets in and most people feel SYSTEMIC social guilt. You might be vaccinated against that social guilt, but is it NOT reasonable for MANY others to have that empathy / guilt ?
And because the news media only reports on these incidents when the person involved is black, you are lead to believe that it is happening predominantly to blacks. That is simply not true. Twice as many whites are killed by police as blacks. If Floyd had been white, the national news media would not have even covered his story.
Old 09-07-2020, 04:31 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Flexible, more human law enforcement, for one!!!!
Those aren't examples, just meaningless cliches, what situation would a rubber bullet be used in.
Old 09-07-2020, 04:34 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Here is a link to an article pertaining to rubber bullet usage.

What are rubber bullets? Weapons used on George Floyd protesters can maim and kill
Old 09-07-2020, 04:34 PM

Quote:
They bag the head because he is spitting and many will try to bite the officer. Do you want someone who may have a nasty disease spitting on or biting you? People get all crazy when someone doesn't wear a mask due to Covid19. How would you like to find out that this crazy guy was infected with the virus and spit on you? Have you ever tried to restrain anyone? I'll answer for you, NO you haven't.
Oh man, now some mutt will try to put a mask on me when I go to Publix and then some on this board will condemn me. But, but, but.....it is loosely the reverse of what happened.
Old 09-07-2020, 04:59 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

1. Am I the only one who is sick and tired of all this gobiligook and diatribe and yada-yada over this topic???

2. Is ANYONE'S mind changed after all of this?

3. Does any POSTER feel better now that they got their opinion across?

4. I know, you do no need to tell me - well don't read it then. Go back to first statement for my answer.
Old 09-07-2020, 06:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Here is a link to an article pertaining to rubber bullet usage.

What are rubber bullets? Weapons used on George Floyd protesters can maim and kill
I read it right till the end - where the article ended with - rubber bullets are less harmful that either physical force or lead bullets. So, they confirmed my thinking - no system of LESS force than lead bullets is going to be perfect - there will be some injuries. It beats trigger-happy BAD police shooting 7 lead rounds into a suspects back. ANYTHING to avoid that. How about a suggestion for the US to study and adopt European Policing training and methods.How about NOT allowing the NRA to saturate America with semi-auto military rifles. How about single-shot rifles. I could hunt squirrels successfully with my single-shot 22 when I was in 7th grade. I did not need a semi-auto. I could do EVERYTHING that I need for hunting today and home defense with a single-shot rifle or even pistol. That system would be WAY better than the Wild-West killing field streets that we have in the US cities today. And the NRA is very responsible!
Closed Thread

Tags
police, people, shoot, explains, support

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.