It sure looks like a noose to this white person

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2020, 10:01 AM

Sorry, I agree photoshopped. the noose is of a different resolution than the rest of the picture and I agree sloppy at top of Knot rushed, .. blurry and rope is narrower coming out of top. I’m sure there are people in “NASCAR Security” that want to keep issue going too. If true, it’s a hateful thing to do, but too many things don’t add up in these cases and they start to feel like a Smollett issue. Just my take
Old 06-27-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Big thick rope? The rope is neither big or thick, just seen from a closer view in one photo; that's how perspective works.

The Nascar photo close up with no perspective makes rope look thicker, loop look bigger, more menacing. The 2019 photo shows it in scale, a 1/4 inch rope with a small loop of 3-4 inches. This was done with a purpose.
So anything that doesn't show the entire door is somehow "menacing"? How would anyone take a closer picture then? Closeups of wild animals might be scary; ropes don't really have the same effect.

Quote:
So it has to actually function in order to be seen as a noose? I don't remember hearing anything even implying that it was fully functional. Who'd have tested it?

Please, initial Nascar, Bubba, Media reports all called it a noose. Not looks like a noose, fashioned like a noose. But a Noose. It's not, If it doesn't tighten when pulling on the loop it is not a noose. Period. Of course the Nascar team and the FBI would have tested this immediately.
OK, "alleged", non-functioning noose. Better?

Quote:
Where did it say when the photo with the noose still hanging was taken? From nascar.com: NASCAR completes investigation into No. 43 at Talladega | NASCAR
"Monday, June 22
– Early Monday a.m.: FBI Birmingham office reaches out to NASCAR.
~ 10 a.m.: FBI arrives at Talladega Superspeedway with 15 field agents to begin investigation. NASCAR provides the FBI with a list of personnel with access to the garage, as well as video and images taken from the weekend and the 2019 fall weekend as well."
Wouldn't that suggest that it was an earlier photo, as you seem to imply below?*

It's obvious the photo was taken on Sunday afternoon. Puddles on the pavement, rain on Sunday forced postponement till Monday. Photos taken on Monday show "noose" was cut from the rope. They didn't leave it hanging. The earlier photo was taken in October 2019, that and how they knew it wasn't put there for Bubba. Wood Brothers racing had the same stall in 2019 and told Nascar and FBI that it was seen by them then.
I'm still missing something here. You say that the Wood Brothers were using this stall in 2019 and also said earlier that the guy partially shown in the scary photo is "wearing a Wood Brothers racing team jersey, so we know they knew about the rope being the same in October 2019". So how does that mean that the photo is from Sunday, 6/21/20? It can't be both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife;1792649[B
Yeah, didn't see 'em. Did a search for "Talladega noose" & "Talladega rope" images; nothing but what we've already seen right here. Have any links? Please, no more looong, boring videos though.[/B]

photos of loop knots on garage pulls Talladega 2017, there's more buy don't want to bore you with video evidence.
Well, thanks for that anyway! I've wasted enough time watching videos that you've claimed contained proof, but really didn't. But, just to be a stickler for detail, are any of the photos or videos from this year?

Quote:
I don't know about "brand new"; are all the other ropes dirtier? You call it a hoax, but the FBI never seemed to come to that conclusion

It looks pretty new but doesn't matter. The same rope and "noose" are seen in October 2019 photo posted above. FBI was called in to investigate a hate crime. They said none exists. The hoax was perpetuated by Nascar Bubba etc because they knew from the get go it was just a pull down rope with a knot that looked like a noose, but wasn't a real noose, and they knew that it had been there since October 2019. Phelps straight up lied during his teleconference on Monday, he already knew the whole story. That's the hoax.
You're absolutely right, it doesn't matter. But what you insist is a hoax would seem to be at most a misunderstanding in a sticky situation involving a Black driver & what positively LOOKS like a noose. Did NASCAR over-react, possibly even cover their butts when stating there were no other "nooses" in any stalls? Could be.
The shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line, the simplest explanation is usually the right one. This theory you present doesn't seem to stand up to the definition of 'hoax', IMO. It's obviously still your right to believe it though.
Old 06-27-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shbullet View Post
Why on earth would you start another thread on this?
There's a huge difference between a pull-rope and a noose. What I saw was definitely a noose, and Mr. Wallace was not the one that brought it to the attention of the news, it was a white person.
Old 06-27-2020, 11:33 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

So anything that doesn't show the entire door is somehow "menacing"? How would anyone take a closer picture then? Closeups of wild animals might be scary; ropes don't really have the same effect.

Look at Nascar photo of "noose" taken June 21 vs same exact "noose" in same exact garage taken October 2019. Which one looks bigger and more scary? This isn't hard. You can't tell from Nascar photo that it is a garage pull down rope and you can't tell how big it really is.

bubba-wallace-noose-3-jpg

pockrass-photo-jpg

Angles and lenses can be used to make photos look completely different.

Scary covid spreading beach scene

beach-1-jpg

Same beach, same day same time from helicopter

beach-2-jpg

If your butcher cut a piece of rump roast to look like a filet mignon and sold it to you for $20 a pound would you be happy? Words matter. It's not a noose.

I'm still missing something here. You say that the Wood Brothers were using this stall in 2019 and also said earlier that the guy partially shown in the scary photo is "wearing a Wood Brothers racing team jersey, so we know they knew about the rope being the same in October 2019". So how does that mean that the photo is from Sunday, 6/21/20? It can't be both ways.

The Bubba "noose" was discovered on Sunday June 21. Photos from the next day show it had been cut down. Sunday was rainy, race postponed. Puddles in Nascar photo. When do you think the photo was taken?

Well, thanks for that anyway! I've wasted enough time watching videos that you've claimed contained proof, but really didn't. But, just to be a stickler for detail, are any of the photos or videos from this year?

I've posted this video several times, showing lots of "nooses" at Talladega since 2016
It's only 2 minutes long, so watch carefully and let me know if there's no proof. Nascar Steve Phelps claims all nooses at all Nascar tracks have magically disappeared and the only one found was in Bubba's garage. Since he lied in his teleconference last Monday, I don't believe a word he says.

You're absolutely right, it doesn't matter. But what you insist is a hoax would seem to be at most a misunderstanding in a sticky situation involving a Black driver & what positively LOOKS like a noose. Did NASCAR over-react, possibly even cover their butts when stating there were no other "nooses" in any stalls? Could be.
The shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line, the simplest explanation is usually the right one. This theory you present doesn't seem to stand up to the definition of 'hoax', IMO. It's obviously still your right to believe it though.

Definition of hoax : an act intended to trick or dupe

Nascar Prez Steve Phelps and Bubba Wallace knew it was a non functioning "noose" at the end of a garage pull down rope on Sunday afternoon, and they knew it was not targeted at Bubba either by Sunday afternoon or at the latest Monday morning because Wood Brothers racing told them same "noose" was at same garage in 2019.

Yet they still went ahead with breathless racial hatred statements, called FBI to investigate, staged a kumbaya Bubba car push, and rode the woke train until FBI affirmed what they already knew, it was a garage pull down rope that had been there since at least October 2019. Nascar and Bubba are still claiming "the noose was real"

Last edited by GoodLife; 06-27-2020 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-27-2020, 11:44 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreah View Post
There's a huge difference between a pull-rope and a noose. What I saw was definitely a noose, and Mr. Wallace was not the one that brought it to the attention of the news, it was a white person.
Not a noose, it's a Uni or Duncan loop knot. Nooses tighten, loop knots do not.

A white person found it?

Speaking on ESPN's "First Take" (video above), Wallace said, "Yes, it was a garage pull for our stall at Talladega, but that was in the solid shape of a noose. And when my guys seen that, when my crew member had seen that -- who happened to be African American -- he did his research first, and I was very proud of that.

Bubba Wallace debriefs in interviews, defends crew member who spotted noose | Autoblog

"
Old 06-27-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:

Look at Nascar photo of "noose" taken June 21 vs same exact "noose" in same exact garage taken October 2019. Which one looks bigger and more scary? This isn't hard. You can't tell from Nascar photo that it is a garage pull down rope and you can't tell how big it really is.
It really isn't hard: neither one looks scary at all. Before NASCAR published the closeup, people were saying that they hadn't seen any noose photos and that the one from a distance looked like a bowline, etc. It's not a bowline, it's a non-functioning noose. The angle wasn't contrived for any nefarious purpose; it was a closer image, plain & simple.

Quote:

If your butcher cut a piece of rump roast to look like a filet mignon and sold it to you for $20 a pound would you be happy? Words matter. It's not a noose.
That's not a matter of words at all... Looks matter, too. Try walking past TSA with a non-functioning weapon in your hand. Right?
You seem to be expecting that someone needed to actually test the noose to see if it tightened and I can't image that happening or even mattering. Phelps has said, "'In hindsight, I should have used the word "alleged" in our statement." Also,
"'As you can see from the photo, the noose was real, as was our concern for Bubba' Phelps continued." NASCAR releases photo of the suspected 'noose' found in Bubba Wallace's garage | Daily Mail Online Maybe "non-functioning" would have been better?

Quote:

The Bubba "noose" was discovered on Sunday June 21. Photos from the next day show it had been cut down. Sunday was rainy, race postponed. Puddles in Nascar photo. When do you think the photo was taken?
That's what I'm asking you. One time you say it rained on Sunday, 6/21/20 so that proves that it was taken on Monday, 6/22/20. Then you say that the guy in the background of the same photo is proof that the noose existed in 2019. Very contradictory & confusing.

Quote:

I've posted this video several times, showing lots of "nooses" at Talladega since 2016
It's only 2 minutes long, so watch carefully and let me know if there's no proof. Nascar Steve Phelps claims all nooses at all Nascar tracks have magically disappeared and the only one found was in Bubba's garage. Since he lied in his teleconference last Monday, I don't believe a word he says.
I haven't seen this 2-minute video that you posted, but still, nope. I don't care about 2016 & it just doesn't apply. Answer my question above, please.
I'm fairly sure that "all nooses at all Nascar tracks have magically disappeared and the only one found was in Bubba's garage." are in fact your words & not Steve Phelps'.

Quote:

Definition of hoax : an act intended to trick or dupe

Nascar Prez Steve Phelps and Bubba Wallace knew it was a non functioning "noose" at the end of a garage pull down rope on Sunday afternoon, and they knew it was not targeted at Bubba either by Sunday afternoon or at the latest Monday morning because Wood Brothers racing told them same "noose" was at same garage in 2019.

Yet they still went ahead with breathless racial hatred statements, called FBI to investigate, staged a kumbaya Bubba car push, and rode the woke train until FBI affirmed what they already knew, it was a garage pull down rope that had been there since at least October 2019. Nascar and Bubba are still claiming "the noose was real"
The 'functioning' thing again?!?! It LOOKS just like a noose, it really doesn't have to be used as one IF there had been a message. Everyone is relieved that it was not an act of racism directed at Bubba Wallace. Moving on...

Last edited by roscoguy; 06-27-2020 at 02:12 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
noose, rope, nascar, garage, door

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.