Taking a Knee

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2020, 08:54 PM

Agree 1000 %. Thank you for your service. Screw all of them!
Old 07-31-2020, 08:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,067 Times in 2,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
As I read this thread, I am struck by a few things.

On this forum, folks want no demonstrations (I agree with no violence), no peaceful shows of disagreement like kneeling, etc., respect Tea Party demonstrators who replaced our flag with "don't tread on me", ignore white supremacists who incite demonstrators (I say that because on this forum nobody even acknowledge them to exist). My "unofficial" tally reflects the same folks in this camp.

I served in the military for 6 years...I have absolute total respect for my flag and what it stands for, but I get it with the protests. What I don't get is why nobody gets upset with people scratching their private parts, kissing, talking, eating during that same anthem.

Seems that those who kneel have much more understanding of our flag and its meaning than most. Yet, those are the folks that get pummeled on here (coincident most are black ?)

We were warned not to be political on here, but this is that.
I agree that peaceful demonstrations are OK. But I have two problems with these demonstrations. First, they should not take place during a pandemic. Large crowds in close proximity are a very stupid idea during these times. Second, I think anyone should be able to peacefully demonstrate, but that does not mean I want to watch it. When I turn on a professional sporting event, I want to watch sports, not a demonstration. The two should not be mixed. I am (or should I say used to be) a die hard Celtics basketball fan and I tried to watch their first game back tonight. I fast forwarded the whole pre-game thing and tried to watch the actual basketball game. But it is just not the same watching a game where BLM is plastered onto the basketball court and when I try to read a players name on their jersey it has a demonstration saying printed where the players name is supposed to be. That was it, game over.
Closed Thread

Tags
country, great, flag, assault, personal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.