Thoughts on the violence and remaining safe for the next 7 days

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2021, 07:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karadad View Post
I do not believe the DC event was truly a riot. Nothing burned down. No destruction. No intentional killing or violence against the worthless politicians. Mostly just many unhappy citizens expressing their anger and frustration.
Wow...the empathy for an inspired attack on your own country. The brutal killing of police, the invasion of the people's congress halls.

You find it ok, but lash out at athletes "taking an knee", you are ok with an attack on your own nations capitol, yet want anyone carrying a picket sign to...well, whatever.

This was an attack on our country.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:57 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Seems we have come full cycle.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world."..............

Sound familiar?

Last edited by stanley; 01-12-2021 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:28 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarra View Post
If I were the authorities I would put everyone that flew into and out of Washington DC up to a week before and after the terrorist event onto a no fly list just for the next 7 days (the ones who invaded the capital should be permanently banned). I would also do background checks and schedule FBI interviews over the next few weeks for EVERY one of those passengers - even if they had no involvement they may have seen something that could help with the investigation.

I hope law and order catches up with every one of them and that the message is understood that violence can never be tolerated. Our way of life depends upon it. The radicals who have infiltrated ALL the various protest groups need to be weeded out so we can return to some sense of civility.

Meanwhile, I would not travel for the next week and confine my activities to golf, tennis, shopping (with a mask) .. avoiding any public places where large groups of people congregate or where there are landmarks. I trust and believe that the authorities will get it right this time and those terrorist groups will stay home.
There have always been riots and violence (Boston tea party, Vietnam ) and the country survived. No big deal what happened in DC and maybe did some good that politicians see they arent insulated from reality.
Closed Thread

Tags
groups, terrorist, week, violence, days

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.