Thousands of stickers at the Tulsa rally removed

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2020, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvic 1 View Post
This is beyond me, but, why are WHITE people still protesting?

Sincere question here...why shouldn't they be?
Old 06-29-2020, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Anyone notice that the same folks complaining about stickers on seats being removed are the same that WANT stickers from the mail boxes removed? Something to ponder.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
I don't see anyone complaining about the REAL source of the surge in infected........THE BLACK LIVES MATTER protests. Didn't see any social distancing in any of the news feeds. Yes, mainstream media news feeds.
According to whom? While there have been warnings that protests MAY cause transmission, I've heard nothing to back up your claim.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoguy View Post
According to whom? While there have been warnings that protests MAY cause transmission, I've heard nothing to back up your claim.
Have you heard anything other than speculation that the sudden surge was from any other source? Common sense will suggest that those thousands of rubbing bodies in the streets, running, sweating and tearing from gas is more likely going to cause the spread than a few folks in an air conditioned bar, drinking sanitizer (alcohol). You can say rioting did not cause a spread and I will say it did. Politicians won't admit that these protests caused it because they do not want to be labeled "racists" during an election year. Even a blind heifer can see that. Key evidence suggesting that the protests were instrumental in the surge is the sudden multiple accounts of young folks in their teens and early twenties testing positive. I doubt they hang out at the bars.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:42 PM

Saw on the news yesterday, 3 reporters , one outside Publix Ft Lauderdale , one outside supermarket in Oklahoma and one in California. Taking note of how many people had masks on going into the supermarket. Percent ranged from 20 to 35%. I can not get into any store without a mask in my town up north thanks to our governor and everyone cooperating to get back to normal.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
If you did not attend the rally, then why does it matter if the signs/stickers were removed? Am I supposed to be outraged if some drivers do not wear seat belts? I admit that I am irritated when I see folks drive through stop signs without stopping. Sorry if I am not very concerned about what some adults do a thousand miles away. I think I will concentrate my focus on what is happening in The Villages. Sumter county, STILL only 17 deaths by the virus. And increase in those that are infected, but I find a bit of comfort knowing that the death rate in my area has not risen much recently.
You have tunnel vision.....thinking only about your own home town. I'm concerned about stimulating our economy as a country. The message our administration sent all Americans is not the message we need to get this economy up and running again. As it is now, we are going backwards with the opening up. Why?.......... Because we, the a population of this great country of ours, have not gotten a grasp on mitigating this virus.

The message they sent at that rally was it is OK not to social distance and it is OK not to wear a mask. REALLY? I would think our current administration would want to make our economy healthier, not weaken it. Oh, and saving a few lives might be nice too!
Old 06-29-2020, 04:42 PM

Well, that’s why there needed to be stickers. Thousands of positive COVID19 cases are proof that common sense Is gone.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:50 PM

You find it offensive? I find it funny. That's why I am happier than you.

Shouldn't you find the BLM movement funny? Shouldn't you find the consequences of the BLM movement funny?
Old 06-29-2020, 05:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
You have tunnel vision.....thinking only about your own home town. I'm concerned about stimulating our economy as a country. The message our administration sent all Americans is not the message we need to get this economy up and running again. As it is now, we are going backwards with the opening up. Why?.......... Because we, the a population of this great country of ours, have not gotten a grasp on mitigating this virus.

The message they sent at that rally was it is OK not to social distance and it is OK not to wear a mask. REALLY? I would think our current administration would want to make our economy healthier, not weaken it. Oh, and saving a few lives might be nice too!
Since I am not a subject matter expert on this thing, I can't make sweeping statements as if they are facts, such as what "message" D.C. is sending to Americans. I am not a mind reader. Unlike some on here, I believe that if we keep everything closed down, our economy will tank big time and we will end up in a depression. My opinion. I have not seen our country close down for the flu, even when 61,000 died from it in 2018. I got that figure from the Internet so it might be wrong. I am curious as to how some on here are all upset over sticker removal and a Trump rally, but run right along beside thousands of protesters that are protesting NOTHING. I say "nothing" because they have achieved their goal and they just keep on destroying and killing. Also my opinion.
This whole thing has turned into a political tug of war, in an election year...period.

In my opinion, if we lost half the world's population to this thing, we would still have too many humans wasting good air.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Have you heard anything other than speculation that the sudden surge was from any other source? Common sense will suggest that those thousands of rubbing bodies in the streets, running, sweating and tearing from gas is more likely going to cause the spread than a few folks in an air conditioned bar, drinking sanitizer (alcohol). You can say rioting did not cause a spread and I will say it did. Politicians won't admit that these protests caused it because they do not want to be labeled "racists" during an election year. Even a blind heifer can see that. Key evidence suggesting that the protests were instrumental in the surge is the sudden multiple accounts of young folks in their teens and early twenties testing positive. I doubt they hang out at the bars.
Actually, I've only heard by speculation that protests have had anything to do with the surge. The idea that drinking can fend off ANY virus is wishful thinking at best. Also, I didn't say a word about rioting; now you're changing "protests" to rioting?
Don't know any blind heifers; what do they tell you? Show us this "key evidence" that it wasn't bars and beaches. Do you really doubt that 20-somethings hang around in bars and on beaches???
Old 06-29-2020, 06:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifred123 View Post
You find it offensive? I find it funny. That's why I am happier than you.

Shouldn't you find the BLM movement funny? Shouldn't you find the consequences of the BLM movement funny?
I am sorry if my little signature was not clear. Perhaps you can explain to me what correlation my statement would have to me finding the BLM movement funny? Or the consequences of the BLM movement as being funny? Not sure of what you are insinuating.
In case I was not clear, the statement under the post, below the border is considered a signature. Many folks on here use them. It may or may not have anything at all to do with the subject or the post, or for that matter any posts. It may just mean that if someone says something that offends, I may find it funny. That may be the reason I am a happier person than some others that are easily offended. Hope that clarifies this a little.

If one is seriously asking me if I find the BLM movement funny, I do not. I am not supportive of BLM and right now I am very irritated that they have overstayed their welcome. I believe the who thing has turned into a political stunt in an attempt to influence or manipulate the coming election. It is also my opinion that if this was not an election year, NO ONE would tolerate the mass destruction and killings gone on in the guise of this being a civil rights issue. I have never treated anyone of color, gender or gender bender any different than I would another. When it comes to my association with others, I do not see color. I judge people on their character and honesty. I do not enjoy associating with people that live with a chip on their shoulder, especially a chip that serves no function and has no reason for being there. I have wronged no minority that I know of and do not believe that I owe anyone an apology for something someone else did. I do not apologize for my country for perceived wrongs that may have occurred in the past, and I do not feel that I owe anyone an apology just because I may be a different color, or a male or straight or a Christian.

And I definitely do not owe anyone an apology for not being "offended" by sticker removals at a Trump rally. Perhaps the incident was exaggerated. Perhaps some folks removed the stickers so that their significant other could sit next to them. Or maybe there was another reason. I did not attend so in my opinion, some folks just want to make it a political issue. Since this does not bother me, maybe that's why I am happier than others.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoguy View Post
Actually, I've only heard by speculation that protests have had anything to do with the surge. The idea that drinking can fend off ANY virus is wishful thinking at best. Also, I didn't say a word about rioting; now you're changing "protests" to rioting?
Don't know any blind heifers; what do they tell you? Show us this "key evidence" that it wasn't bars and beaches. Do you really doubt that 20-somethings hang around in bars and on beaches???
I believe I asked first. Where's the evidence that it was bars and not "protests" and rioting that is causing the surge? Has anyone polled the infected to see if they were associated with bar flies or "protesters?" Now, "beaches" are added to the statement to boost validity of the statement?
Explain to me how protesters rubbing against each other, sweating, weeping from tear gas, etc. is less plausible than someone sitting NEAR someone else in a bar drinking a beer. Other than it being a political issue, with no one wanting find any fault with the so-called "protesters" aka criminals destroying property and injuring people.
I do not frequent bars, so maybe I do not know enough about the environment. It could have changed a bit in the last 45+ years. I do know what I see on news feeds though.
Don't agree with me. That's an American right. I don't believe that bars are the sole source and think they are being closed as an instrument of politics. Throw the bars under the bus, because it is easier and more acceptable to the majority than to be perceived as a racist for suggesting that this particular protest activity might also be a method of transmitting a fatal illness. I also believe that no one wants to admit how much of hypocrites they are for coddling bad behavior, whether it's BLM, White Nationalists, Occupy Wall St, or Antifa. Misbehavior is not to be tolerated, no matter what the excuse.
Like I said, no one has to agree with me. But, I bet there are more like minded than some would like to admit.

Tags
stickers, removed, social, distancing, promoting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.