Traveling to Florida - CDC warning about new COVID-19 cases

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2021, 02:21 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
There are NOT many, but enough to have a name for the situation - it is called "breakthroughs". It did NOT happen before the Delta variant, which has 1,000 times the viral load in SOME (small %) of asymptomatic VACCINATED people's noses. The greater viral load is WHY they can pass it on to the UNvaccinated - and the main reason WHY new CDC guidance ASKS ALL people to wear masks indoors. It mostly protects others.
ABSOLUTELY WRONG! Breakthrough cases have been ongoing. You can’t just make stuff up and pass it off as facts…
Old 07-28-2021, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
If the virus is left unchecked, a condition stated in my post, what, other than the vaccine, will prevent EVERYBODY from eventually contracting the virus?
Now that you mention this.........Just the other day I heard an expert doctor (don't recall which one) on my MSM news source say without hesitation, "Anyone who has not been vaccinated or has had Covid, WILL be exposed to the Delta variant." or something to that effect. Quite concerning, I might add. Did he say that just to frighten the American people?
Old 07-28-2021, 02:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pballer View Post
We baby boomers are very fortunate that when the polio vaccine came out in the 1950s, most of our parents didn't display the type of foolishness that a third of the adult population seems to display today.
Social media was not involved with this foolishness we are dealing with today. Thank goodness for us.
Old 07-28-2021, 03:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
ABSOLUTELY WRONG! Breakthrough cases have been ongoing. You can’t just make stuff up and pass it off as facts…
I understand what "breakthrough cases" are. That is when a fully vaccinated person contracts the virus and becomes infected with Covid.

My other concern (after reading what another poster said) is that vaccinated people are getting reinfected with Covid. This, meaning to me, that a fully vaccinated person gets infected with Covid.....recovers then gets infected AGAIN for a second time. THIS is what I have not heard about. Is this really a thing? Other than that golfer which seem suspect, has this been documented as occurring?
Old 07-28-2021, 04:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

This is complete nonsense. Did you ever read the Phase 3 trial reports? There were breakthrough cases during the Phase 3 trials. If there weren't, the efficacy number would have been 100%. Please stop spouting nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
There are NOT many, but enough to have a name for the situation - it is called "breakthroughs". It did NOT happen before the Delta variant, which has 1,000 times the viral load in SOME (small %) of asymptomatic VACCINATED people's noses. The greater viral load is WHY they can pass it on to the UNvaccinated - and the main reason WHY new CDC guidance ASKS ALL people to wear masks indoors. It mostly protects others.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
Many sources report what Jim is saying. The delta variant is much more potent than the previous variants, therefore more breakthrough cases. But as the protection of the vaccine wanes slowly after 7 months I will venture breakthrough cases will be the norm.

Last edited by Velvet; 07-28-2021 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:23 PM
Sage

///

Last edited by Velvet; 07-28-2021 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Are you serious? What was quoted was the following:

it is called "breakthroughs". It did NOT happen before the Delta variant,

This is nonsense as there were breakthrough cases during the Phase 3 trials as the reported Phase 3 results had an efficacy of 95%. Go read the Phase 3 trial reports from Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna. The CDC was monitoring breakthrough cases from Jan 1, 2021 to April 31, 2021, before the Delta variant caught hold.

COVID-19 Breakthrough Case Investigations and Reporting | CDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Again, what sources are you quoting? The WallStreet Journal for one, says the same thing as Jim. At least that is how I understand it too.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
Are you serious? What was quoted was the following:

it is called "breakthroughs". It did NOT happen before the Delta variant,

This is nonsense as there were breakthrough cases during the Phase 3 trials as the reported Phase 3 results had an efficacy of 95%. Go read the Phase 3 trial reports from Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna. The CDC was monitoring breakthrough cases from Jan 1, 2021 to April 31, 2021, before the Delta variant caught hold.

COVID-19 Breakthrough Case Investigations and Reporting | CDC
Yes, I guess I was looking more at international data. CDC tends to mostly look at US cases. And I think the term ‘breakthrough’ was used after the Delta variant became significant.

Last edited by Velvet; 07-28-2021 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

No, the term "breakthrough" has been used for months and well before the delta variant became an issue. One more time, breakthrough cases were first reported, by definition, with the Pfizer/BioNTech and Modern trials last summer/fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Yes, I guess I was looking more at international data. CDC tends to mostly look at US cases. And I think the term ‘breakthrough’ was used after the Delta variant became significant.

Last edited by tuccillo; 07-28-2021 at 08:53 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
cases, covid-19, florida, traveling, week

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.