TV in the national news

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2020, 08:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
If that type of parade ever took place it would be interesting to see what arguments any protesters could have against a former VP to one of the nations BEST Presidents we've ever had.
Honestly, I think you would have your parade and as long as you kept it peaceful and good spirited you would get little to no pushback.

You certainly wouldn't be verbally assaulted in the way that the Trump parade participants were. But, maybe that would be too boring?
Old 06-30-2020, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietpine View Post
The video says it all - rotten at the core. We are exposed. It’s ironic the bigotry, racism, anger and hatred that draw so many to this place may be its undoing. The “mask is off”.
OH? Am I to be evicted and told to move on? Do you suppose that TV will be limited in expansion and not be able to extend the additional 50,000 homes planned? If you hate the Villages so much, you had better sell now before the "undoing" lowers the value. Goodbye, hate to see you go......NOT!
Old 06-30-2020, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,649 Times in 1,494 Posts
Default No.

Quote:

So, would anybody like to comment on the question I asked in my original post?
No. I have NOT received any contact of any kind from friends or family regarding the question you asked in your original post, but thanks for asking.
Have a nice, friendly day.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
If that type of parade ever took place it would be interesting to see what arguments any protesters could have against a former VP to one of the nations BEST Presidents we've ever had.
Satire....I love it!!
Old 06-30-2020, 09:02 AM

There is so much I want to say. First, it started out as a PEACEFUL BLM service. And than the golf carts came and madness ensued.

How do I know? I was the one that pulled Sharon out from the front of the golf cart AND I broke up 2 other arguments, 1 involved 2 men getting ready to punch each other.

We, The Democrats, are not proud of what happened, but were horrified when the "comment" was made. That was the beginning of the true anger and frustration.

I was interviewed by Piers Morgan and Good Morning Britain about it yesterday. Why? Cause I was the calm one. I am not innocent, yes, I yelled and screamed, but I waved and smiled at people who did the same to me. Bottom line if that stupid racist comment wasn't said, we wouldn't be talking about it now.

In the end, from the Dem Party, it won't happen again. We are embarrassed. I hope that is true on the Republican side. They have done the same exact thing to us during one of our golf cart parades and blocked us from getting to Webster's office. So neither side is innocent. Let's take this to the polls and fight it out there. Not with each other.

Peace.

Katie
Old 06-30-2020, 09:04 AM

That is exactly what I am talking about. Respect one another's opinion.

Again, Peace,

Katie
Old 06-30-2020, 09:05 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Because, y'know, liberals are not allowed to exercise the same freedom of speech and assembly in or near the Villages.

That's why you don't see pro-choice parades, pro-DACA protests, pro-diversity protests, pro-(the other political party) golf cart parades. It isn't because there aren't people who want to do this. There absolutely are. But they are intentionally being intimidated by the show of force of "the other side." They are pre-empted by the right.
Been here long?

Hundreds of golf carts descend on square as Democrats spread message in The Villages
October 1, 2018

That was the message that roared through Lake Sumter Landing as close to 500 people staged a rally with about 250 decorated, horn-honking golf carts. And they came to the Barnes & Noble parking lot to start the event with one goal in mind – initiate a sweep across Florida’s Friendliest Hometown with a “Blue Wave” that signifies change is coming in the upcoming Nov. 6 general election.

staging-barnes-noble-1-768x481-jpg
Old 06-30-2020, 09:06 AM
Default White Power Guy

What makes you think the guy shouting "White Power" is a Trump supporter? I question both him and the person taking the video. I know if I was taking a video and some guy drove by and shouted "White Power" that video would never be posted on the internet, period!
Closed Thread

Tags
news, friends, family, night, surprising

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.